Windows 10: how to restore my Windows 10

Discus and support how to restore my Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hackers caused me to lose my Windows 10 but I was told I still had it. I went through the restoring process and was thanked for installing Windows 10,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NancyDube, Sep 9, 2018.

1. NancyDube Win User

how to restore my Windows 10

Hackers caused me to lose my Windows 10 but I was told I still had it. I went through the restoring process and was thanked for installing Windows 10, but I can't get to it. What can I do further?

:)

NancyDube, Sep 9, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 9, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

how to restore my Windows 10 [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Sep 9, 2018
  4. jocksteeluk Win User

Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

1. how to restore my Windows 10 - Similar Threads - restore

2. I seem to have losy my desktop page , please restore

in Windows 10 Customization
    I seem to have losy my desktop page , please restore: I seem to have lost my desktop page please restore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-seem-to-have-losy-my-desktop-page-please-restore/a4bd6317-aa2e-4ac2-96e8-8a40550674a0
  3. Win10 Upgrade or Restore Rights in Business Environment

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 Upgrade or Restore Rights in Business Environment: Do Windows 7 or How can I audit the workstations in my environment (on or off a domain) to know if they qualify for a free upgrade to Windows 10? I understand that, generally speaking the following applies: Eligible for free upgrade: Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7...
  4. Windows 10 Image file restore; not recognising backup media

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Image file restore; not recognising backup media: I backed up my system using an image file to my network drive. Now that I need to restore it after a disk failure, I have booted from the recovery USB, and cannot access the network … Hence I copied the disk image files to a second USB drive, but they are not recognised by...
  5. How to restore my product id

How to restore my product id: Hi all I have windows 10 home in my laptop But my laptop stopped working completely Can i install my windows copy into my new laptop with my email adress,i have my product key also for my old windows copy...
  6. Windows Explorer crashes when i restore down any window

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer crashes when i restore down any window: Hi guys, so a few days ago I noticed that every time i try to restore down any windows explorer window it starts glitching until explorer crashes, I've scanned my system with both sfc /scan now and antivirus software and neither reported any problems but i still have problem...
  7. Backup and Restore with File History

Backup and Restore with File History: I'm backing up using file history. If I indicate a folder structure such as c:\Users, do all subordinate or child folders and files contained therein get backed up. I tried a test of this and it does not seem to do the backup. Is there a switch somewhere that I'm missing?...
  8. System Restore not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Restore not Working: I have attempted many times with different restore points to restore my laptop, and everytime I receive the same exact answer: "System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings were not changed. Details: An unspecified error occurred...
  9. How can I restore the Icons of pictures?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I restore the Icons of pictures?: This problem has been going on for a while now. Its the icons show up like [ATTACH] The window icons also show up like this : [ATTACH] Do any of you know how to fix this problem? which I have tried icaros which didn't work as well as the folder explorer settings....
  10. How to restore display option in control panel with register or other means?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to restore display option in control panel with register or other means?: There is this horrible change in Windows 10 that display option dissapeared from control panel and on top of that now system disallows to change font size. Is there a way to restore this option in control panel by using register or some apps? I did a lot of changes with...