Windows 10: How to restore original Windows Boot Manager path?

Discus and support How to restore original Windows Boot Manager path? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had installed rEFInd, and as you may know, one has to change the boot manager path to point to rEFInd: bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by drpeppercan, Aug 10, 2021.

1. How to restore original Windows Boot Manager path?

I had installed rEFInd, and as you may know, one has to change the boot manager path to point to rEFInd: bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\refind\refind\refind_x64.efi But for some reason that pc would not use this while booting. I finally got it working by installing rEFInd via Linux. So I figured I should probably set the boot manager the way it was. According to the location of the bootmgr.efi file location, setting it back should have worked with this command and path: bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgr.efi But bcdedit says: "The set command specified is not valid.Run "bcdedit /?" for command line assistance.The parameter is incorrect." I also tried: "bcdedit /deletevalue {bootmgr} path" bcdedit responded with the same as above. Any help will be greatly appreciated, DPC

:)

drpeppercan, Aug 10, 2021
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

How to restore original Windows Boot Manager path? [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Aug 10, 2021
  3. Windows boot manager

There could be some system conflict triggered after the said changes. To help you with your concern, we suggest that you perform a clean boot. A
    clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This will help to determine what is causing the issue on the Windows boot manager. To do this, click on this
    link and scroll down to the
    How to determine what is causing the problem by performing a clean boot section then follow the steps listed..

Note: If the installation is successful and the issue has been resolved. Please go through the section “How to reset the computer to start as usual” to reset your computer to the normal startup.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Aug 10, 2021
  4. Pinchy Win User

How to restore original Windows Boot Manager path?

windows xp duel boot with vista restore points

Turn off system restore in XP altogether...or if you dont want to, AsRocks suggestion should work :\

Pinchy, Aug 10, 2021
Thema:

How to restore original Windows Boot Manager path?

1. How to restore original Windows Boot Manager path? - Similar Threads - restore original Boot

2. How to restore or original windows 10 in laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore or original windows 10 in laptop?: I have a HP laptop which originally had a windows 10 edition. I upgraded to windows 11 more than year and half ago. I suffered last three months from two problems. One is that wifi sometime stops and does not work except after restarting laptop or sometimes after resetting...
  3. How to restore or original windows 10 in laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore or original windows 10 in laptop?: I have a HP laptop which originally had a windows 10 edition. I upgraded to windows 11 more than year and half ago. I suffered last three months from two problems. One is that wifi sometime stops and does not work except after restarting laptop or sometimes after resetting...
  4. View original path in Recent Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    View original path in Recent Folders: I find the most convenient way to manage my project files is by using Recent Folders pinned to Quick Access.However, I am at an architectural practice and we use a common folder system in each project folder.For example each project folder contains the same set of...
  5. View original path in Recent Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    View original path in Recent Folders: I find the most convenient way to manage my project files is by using Recent Folders pinned to Quick Access.However, I am at an architectural practice and we use a common folder system in each project folder.For example each project folder contains the same set of...
  6. Restoring of original file path causes error: access denied

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restoring of original file path causes error: access denied: Hi there, I tried outsourcing my folder "documents" from the hard drive C: to E: by changing its file path under system properties. Unfortunately, the hard drive E: itself has been assigned as the destinated location of any documents instead of creating a new folder as in...
  7. Restoring computer to original windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring computer to original windows: I had bought a windows 8 laptop/ tablet computer. One of my friends upgraded it to windows 10. And few day later i realized the touch screen and the whole tablet features got disabled. It tried everything to enable touch screen. It said it was on when it still not...
  8. What should be my original boot path?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What should be my original boot path?: After last windows update nothing worked right. Uninstalled it but now all is sluggish and some app won't even open. On start up it takes at least 3-4 minutes now to just get to Windows screen....
  9. restore original doc.x

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    restore original doc.x: trying to restore a doc.x that i accidently pasted the wrong doc onto. have tried all the help and restore functions but still saying it is not there.... anything i am missing??...
  10. how to restore windows 10 computer to original state

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to restore windows 10 computer to original state: Bought a computer that turned out to be faulty. Retailer will take it back. How do I restore it to its original state https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-windows-10-computer-to-original/2073bbc0-d027-4472-a117-d04845bf1c37