Windows 10: How to restore PDF thumbnail previews in Windows 10

Discus and support How to restore PDF thumbnail previews in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Folks, I've found a great solution to a nagging issue. With Adobe Reader DC, the folks at Adobe made every thumbnail a plain pdf icon. They... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by iamc3k, Dec 28, 2015.

1. iamc3k Win User

How to restore PDF thumbnail previews in Windows 10

Folks,

I've found a great solution to a nagging issue.

With Adobe Reader DC, the folks at Adobe made every thumbnail a plain pdf icon. They removed the preview where the pdf icon is replaced by the first page of the pdf file. Seeing the pdf content is much more helpful than just looking at the same icon for every file.

How to restore PDF thumbnail previews in Windows 10 [​IMG]

That post came from this thread: File preview thumbnails aren't working for Acro... | Adobe Community

The links work, the instructions work.

Having thumbnail previews restored is wonderful.

Have a look at it, and I'd hope one of the pros on this site can make this into a simple tutorial.

Ken

:)

iamc3k, Dec 28, 2015
  2. MAYA_MIKE Win User

window 10 file explorer running slow. it takes years to fully load a folder.

Worked for me as well. It also restored thumbnails for .pdf files and other file types that were not previewing properly. Thank you.

MAYA_MIKE, Dec 28, 2015
  3. Preview pane (file explorer) not always working on OneDrive files

I have the latest Windows 10 Pro, Version 1709, Build 16299.64 (updated today 11/15/2017)

I have a Surface Book

"always show icons, never thumbnails" is OFF

"View -> preview pane" is ON

Default application for .jpg files is set to "Photos"

Default application for .pdf files is set to Foxit PhantomPDF 8.3

My tests only covers .jpg and .pdf files

When I open file explorer and view files on my
    c: drive, both thumbnails (middle pane) and previews (right hand pane) WORK FINE for .jpg and .pdf files.

When I open file explorer and view files on my
    OneDrive, thumbnails and previews DO NOT work for .jpg files, thumbnail DO NOT work for .pdf files but preview WORKS for .pdf files. Note: For .jpg files the preview pane is totally blank - it does not say "no preview available".

Moved from
    Windows
    /Windows 10/Windows settings

Per Kjellqvist, Dec 28, 2015
  4. iamc3k Win User

Of course, I realize I should've named the thread "How to restore Adobe Reader DC (64 bit) thumbnail preview".
    *Wink

iamc3k, Dec 28, 2015
  5. ste0 Win User
    ste0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to restore PDF thumbnail previews in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - restore PDF thumbnail

2. PDF thumbnail view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF thumbnail view: Is there a thumbnail view for PDFs? PDF docs in folders are displayed as icons. It would be very helpful if I could view them as images. I have Acrobat DC, and the whole creative suite....
  3. PDF thumbnails broken in windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF thumbnails broken in windows: Its never worked great but pdf thumbnails in explorer seems pretty broke in windows 10. I dont know if its the latest CU update or a recent update to Adobe reader (both have occurred last few days) but now just get generic Adobe icons for pdf. the old trick to open Adobe...
  4. How to disable pdf preview?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable pdf preview?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/j0xlczrbsbc61.png?width=512&format=png&auto=webp&s=e5f031d9e763dcc0c757b778335bfd7538da72f1 submitted by /u/TsunaXZ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l0ot2c/how_to_disable_pdf_preview/
  5. Thumbnail previews is not showing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnail previews is not showing on Windows 10: I can't see any of image in windows 10 if I want to see image i have to open it or image thumbnail are missing it is frustrating for opening every image...
  6. Thumbnail Preview Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Thumbnail Preview Windows 10: I've tried all the recommendation posts here on how to get photo thumbnails to show in folders rather than a generic photo icon, but nothing works or the path recommendation does not exist on my pc. I get a generic photo icon. I want a thumbnail of the photo....
  7. Windows 10 thumbnail previews

Windows 10 thumbnail previews: I have a strange issue, and I've seen a few posts sort of related to my issue, but nothing exactly like it. My issue is with the thumbnail previews for my .mp4 files, and my .mp3 files, but not my pictures. I correctly tag all my media whether it be video or music, and...
  8. Preview and thumbnails of pdf files are not available

Preview and thumbnails of pdf files are not available: I installed Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit and Adobe Acrobat X Pro but I cannot see preview and thumbnails of pdf files. I just find the Icon for Adobe Acrobat on each pdf....
  9. pdf doesn't preview in Windows 10 preview pane

pdf doesn't preview in Windows 10 preview pane: The preview pane in File Explorer of Windows 10 does not let me preview office nor pdf documents anymore. It only shows a little icon image and doesn't allow me to zoom in like it has done before. Is there a way to get the preview pane to let me preview all documents again?...
  10. PDF thumbnails

PDF thumbnails: I’d like to learn how the file explorer preview pane display thumbnails of PDF documents. I need it to capture and then save the thumbnail of the first page of PDFs to a photo format (e.g., jpg, png, tiff, etc)....