Windows 10: How to restore photo thumbnail images

Discus and support How to restore photo thumbnail images in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All my thumbnail views of my photos have this annoying green box with a checkmark. Where did they come from? How do I get rid of them?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gwalks, Aug 23, 2021.

1. gwalks Win User

How to restore photo thumbnail images

All my thumbnail views of my photos have this annoying green box with a checkmark. Where did they come from? How do I get rid of them?

:)

gwalks, Aug 23, 2021
  2. Dgo47 Win User

File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Aug 23, 2021
  3. Photo thumbnail picture

Hi

File Explorer>Pictures>Open Pictures.

If Your Photos come up as just a List and don't show up as Thumbnails, look at the Two Small Icons at the Bottom Right of the Screen and 'Toggle' between them.

The first one gives you a List View and the other one gives you a Thumbnail View.

Or you could Click: View at the Top of the Screen and then you Can not only see your Photos as Thumbnails but you can also choose the Size.

Cyberdesigner, Aug 23, 2021
  4. Clavius Win User

Preview Pane for Images/Some Thumbnails/Photos not Working Only on OneDrive Folder

The preview pane and thumbnails as well as the Photos app are not working, but only on my OneDrive folder. It works fine on an exact copy of the same files that are not in the OneDrive synced folder structure (and known to Windows as being OneDrive).

• Open OneDrive Folder, navigate to photos directory
    • Sony Raw images (.ARW) do not show thumbnails. (I have the Sony plug in installed)
    • Double click on a raw file, Photos says "We can't open this file."
    • Click on a jpeg file, and with preview window turned on, no preview appears
    • Double click on jpeg file, opens fine in Photos, and then the preview window image appears

• Navigate to a directory that is not synced to OneDrive
    • Sony Raw thumbnails show up fine. They also show up in the preview window.
    • Double click on Raw file and Photos opens it up without problems

• Back to OneDrive photo directory
    • Copy raw file to desktop
    • Immediately the thumbnail appears and the file can be opened with Photos. The same file that it can't open from Explorer in the OneDrive directory

This is only happening on my desktop. My laptop is fine. Both same versions of Windows 10 Version 1709 OS Build 16299.19

Clavius, Aug 23, 2021
Thema:

1. How to restore photo thumbnail images - Similar Threads - restore photo thumbnail

2. Restore Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore Thumbnails: When choosing a new folder icon, you no longer see the contents of that folder in my case thumbnails. Is this a permanent change or can it be restored to showing the contents of a file thumbnails. I have tried pressing the "Restore Default" button, but that doesn't get rid of...
  3. Restore Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore Thumbnails: When choosing a new folder icon, you no longer see the contents of that folder in my case thumbnails. Is this a permanent change or can it be restored to showing the contents of a file thumbnails. I have tried pressing the "Restore Default" button, but that doesn't get rid of...
  4. Image stretched in Thumbnail and windows photo viewer

Image stretched in Thumbnail and windows photo viewer: I think there's something in the jpg, when in folder it it looks like thisIn the Windows Photo Viewer it looked like thisBut if I use other programs like paint or photo it looked normalDo you have any sugestion? Except using other program...
  5. How to make the thumbnails of the whatsapp images visible ? (Thumbnails of images in the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make the thumbnails of the whatsapp images visible ? (Thumbnails of images in the...: [IMG] submitted by /u/FarPrune1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gbjhvu/how_to_make_the_thumbnails_of_the_whatsapp_images/
  6. Thumbnail Image

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnail Image: The thumbnail image flashes when I open a folder in pictures. how do I get the picture image to remain open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnail-image/f58e2e4c-8d6c-475e-87a9-3f614c02dff5"
  7. image on thumbnails

image on thumbnails: In older versions of windows you could see images of what was in an svg file. With windows 10 you can't. I save a lot of craft patterns, and it takes forever to find the file I'm looking for without an image on the thumbnail. Is there a way to set this up?...
  8. Thumbnails not showing image in Photos

Thumbnails not showing image in Photos: I am new to Windows 10 and I'm not sure what I've done, but all of the thumbnails for all my photos look like the Photos icon. The one that has a blue background and looks like a couple little mountains. How do I get then to show the photo image again?...
  9. restore thumbnails

restore thumbnails: Just rebuilt my system disk from a backup save set and cannot see picture thumb nails. Have read and followed the suggestions from old posts (pre-Windows 10) and still no thumbnails....
  10. Restore Thumbnail Backup Photos to Original Size

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore Thumbnail Backup Photos to Original Size: I have found dozens of wanted thumbnail size photos (PNG files) on my old backup hard drive. The files have not yet been extracted. My question is how can I restore these thumbnail PNG files to original size? Thank you 87335