Windows 10: how to restore printer properties greyed out windows 10

Discus and support how to restore printer properties greyed out windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How to restore printer properties in windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JesseCahue, Jan 27, 2019.

1. how to restore printer properties greyed out windows 10

How to restore printer properties in windows 10

:)

JesseCahue, Jan 27, 2019

2. Printer Properties

Hi Paul,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to go to printer settings.

• In the search box type “control panel”.
    • Click on “device and printers”.
    • Then you can right click on your printer and then click on properties, change accordingly.
    I suggest you to follow the below article if you face any issues with printer and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 27, 2019
  3. JackPlatt Win User
    If Printer Properties Are Greyed Out, This Website Can Help Restore Them!

Dear Microsoft Answers,

I noticed that after my Windows 10 Update to Threshold 2 Build 1511 that I could no longer disable Mopier Mode on my printer. Mopier Mode is a default setting on many HP printers that when selected, allows the printer to print only one copy at a time.
    This website provides the easiest fix to changing your Printer Properties so that they are not greyed out, and can be accessed again: It worked for me.

Restoring Greyed Out Printer Properties

If this link does not work, the steps below are what you can do to resolve this:

1.) Go to Printers

2.) Select Printer Properties

3.) in the General Tab, find and click “Change Properties", in the bottom left corner.
    The Printer Properties box will close and reopen with administrator privileges.

4.) Click on the Advanced or Port Tab, and you will be able to make changes.

5.) Click OK to Save your changes.

Hope this helps!

Jack

JackPlatt, Jan 27, 2019
  4. bluesriff Win User

how to restore printer properties greyed out windows 10

printer sever properties

my pc has been running slower lately so I used my recovery usb to restore windows, it worked all ok, it set up as a local

account, I installed my Kaspersky security and my hp printer and then checked in printer properties / security and the

unknown account was gone. I then set up my Microsoft account and then checked in printer properties and the

unknown account was still omitted. so its all ok now, thanks for your help.

bluesriff, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

how to restore printer properties greyed out windows 10

1. how to restore printer properties greyed out windows 10 - Similar Threads - restore printer properties

2. System Restore - 'Turn on System Restore' is Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore - 'Turn on System Restore' is Greyed Out: Hi folks, a couple of wierd problems... First, pc is not going to sleep when button pressed. It was doing so until the last couple of days which prompted me to run sfc/ scannow. Sfc found some file corruptions and repaired them. This didn't fix the issue however. So, I...
  3. Properties of System reserved partition greyed out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Properties of System reserved partition greyed out: Hello, I'm trying to see the properties of system reserved partition in disk management, but it is grayed out. I need to determine whether the SRP is GPT or MBR partition style. Could anyone help?...
  4. windows 10 printers greyed out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 printers greyed out: Hi, my printers on my laptop are greyed out. I've applied the usual printer spooler fixes suggested and none of them have worked. Any suggestions to this problem? - it seems to be pretty common. Thanks!...
  5. restore plan default option greyed out

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    restore plan default option greyed out: Please help me guys after the update to 20h2 my pc won't shutdown or hibernate now i just wanna reset the power plan but the option is greyed out pls give me a solution to get it back [ATTACH]...
  6. System Partition 'Properties' greyed out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Partition 'Properties' greyed out: My System Partition is full (68MB/68MB). I was planning to follow the directions that Microsoft provides to clear it, but the very first step of clicking on Properties isn't possible, because it's greyed out. The only option available is "Help". How do I get around this...
  7. Windows 10 Sandbox item is greyed out or greyed out

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Sandbox item is greyed out or greyed out: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The only way to enable Windows Sandbox feature is from the Turn Windows features on and off utility. There are various components in the background that support the functioning of this Windows Sandbox feature. It will work directly on the basis of [...] This...
  8. Change Icon Button Greyed Out in Properties Window

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Icon Button Greyed Out in Properties Window: Hi Guys, 1. Does anyone know how I can turn the 'Change Icon' button in the Properties Window on? It was greyed out upon installation of the programme so my guess is it was intentional. [img] 2. And I do not understand why the Target Location is blank too, unlike other...
  9. Bitrate is greyed out in sound properties Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bitrate is greyed out in sound properties Windows 10: Acer Aspire 3 A315-51 Windows 10 1803 build 17134.858 Realtek HD Audio (SST) driver version 6.0.1.8122 Audio Codec ALC255 The option of 44.1kHz bitrate (default format) in Stereo Mix is greyed out in the properties of the above system. It is available for the Microphone...
  10. Bitrate greyed out in sound properties

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bitrate greyed out in sound properties: Acer Aspire 3 A315-51 Windows 10 1803 build 17134.858 Realtek HD Audio (SST) driver version 6.0.1.8122 Audio Codec ALC255 The option of 44.1kHz bitrate (default format) in Stereo Mix is greyed out in the properties of the above system. It is available for the Microphone...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. printer server properties secuirty grayed out

2. device settings greyed out on printer properties

3. Why is my printer greyed out Windows 10

4. windows 10 printer properties grayed out,
  5. printer properties grayed out windows 10,
  6. win 10 printer properties grayed out,
  7. printer settings greyed out windows 10