Windows 10: How to Restore / Reuse Webcache.old ?

Discus and support How to Restore / Reuse Webcache.old ? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Something weird happened to my Edge and IE today. I have lost all my cache and web sessions. I figured that something has created Webcache.old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ade Firman, Feb 12, 2020.

1. How to Restore / Reuse Webcache.old ?

Hi,

Something weird happened to my Edge and IE today.

I have lost all my cache and web sessions.

I figured that something has created Webcache.old folder C:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache.old which contains my old cache and saved web session.

There are Webcache C:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache folder as well that created in everytime I logon / I open, and it contain freshly cleared cache/history/saved session of my Edge/IE.

Please help me

How to reuse/restore Webcache.old folder ? I want to Edge and IE pointing/refer to this folder so I can open my old cache/cookies/history/sessions..

I save really important data there. for example: I save my telegram session in Edge/IE, because I cannot relogon using SMS since the sim card is broken. Now I cannot access my telegram because all cache and session and cleared.

:)

Ade Firman, Feb 12, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

How to Restore / Reuse Webcache.old ? [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Bob Marks Win User
    Reuse/Reset an old Password

Thanks for your quick response. But my problem is that M.S. says old password con not be used. I want to switch back to my old password. I think I need to contact M.S. to clear the registry for my passwords. Then, I will be able to switch back.

Bob Marks, Feb 12, 2020
  4. jellyroll Win User

How to Restore / Reuse Webcache.old ?

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CHow to Restore / Reuse Webcache.old ? :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CHow to Restore / Reuse Webcache.old ? :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

How to Restore / Reuse Webcache.old ?

1. How to Restore / Reuse Webcache.old ? - Similar Threads - Restore Reuse Webcache

2. System32 WebCache webcachev01.dat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System32 WebCache webcachev01.dat: So I found this file called webcachev01.dat which is 26mb long on my Windows via Treesize. Is it ok to delete it without any issues like Windows Update fails? The webcachev01.dat file is in System32 / Config / SystemProfile / AppData / Local / Microsoft / Windows, turn hide...
  3. How do I reuse an old password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I reuse an old password?: So this morning when I turned on my computer, it forced me to go through a verification process that I tried to skip, and forced me to change my password without my consent. I had seen a forum post...
  4. Is it worth reusing my old SATA drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it worth reusing my old SATA drive?: I have an old Seagate 1Tb SATA HDD from my last computer. It measures 4 x 5 3/4 inches. Could I get a caddy for this and reuse it with my new Windows 10 laptop, or is it an obsolete form factor and not worth the additional cost? 168814
  5. How to restore old user account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to restore old user account: Hi, So i stupidly renamed my user folder name using the method that uses the registry editor then i edited the profile image path. I signed out, and when i signed back in again it was with a temporary profile. All my settings have been reset, e.g. background, i was...
  6. Reuse Code or Restore Deleted Microsoft Account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Reuse Code or Restore Deleted Microsoft Account: I recently deleted my Microsoft account and I forgot I claimed Minecraft: Windows 10 Editon on that account with the code I got from purchasing Java. Can I somehow contact Mojang to enable me to reuse to code or is there any way for me to restore my purchases from the deleted...
  7. How to Restore / Reuse Webcache.old ?

in Browsers and Email
    How to Restore / Reuse Webcache.old ?: Hi, Something weird happened to my Edge and IE today. I have lost all my cache and web sessions. I figured that something has created Webcache.old folder (C:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache.old) which contains my old cache and saved web session....
  8. How to Restore / Reuse Webcache.old ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Restore / Reuse Webcache.old ?: Hi, Something weird happened to my Edge and IE today. I have lost all my cache and web sessions. I figured that something has created Webcache.old folder (C:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache.old) which contains my old cache and saved web session....
  9. Reusing old HDD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reusing old HDD: I just got an ssd for my pc. I want to use it as my boot drive, and my old hard drive for storage. Do I need wipe the HDD, and if so, how do I do it? submitted by /u/TheThirdWheel13 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/erwehu/reusing_old_hdd/
  10. How to Remove Old Restore Points?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to Remove Old Restore Points?: Toshiba laptop L55 series, W10 Home Anniversary. With my older laptop running XP, I use to be able to manually delete older system restore points. I don't see a way to do that on my current machine. When I open System Restore, it shows all the restore points, but doesn't...