Windows 10: How to restore the display on my laptop to the original settings

Discus and support How to restore the display on my laptop to the original settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Suddenly my screen has turned to black. All of the icons, text, pictures, EVERYTHING on my screen is on a black background with very bright colors for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SusanSeverance, Apr 10, 2020.

1. How to restore the display on my laptop to the original settings

Suddenly my screen has turned to black. All of the icons, text, pictures, EVERYTHING on my screen is on a black background with very bright colors for the text, pictures, etc. How can I restore the display to what it was when I purchased the laptop?

:)

SusanSeverance, Apr 10, 2020

2. Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Jetster Win User
    Laptop display question

Confusing statement! You want to change the display on your laptop that died?

Is that correct?

How do you know its the display that's bad?

Just google "how to change display on a acer 5745"

Should get you to step by step instructions. But first make sure its the display that's bad

Jetster, Apr 10, 2020
  4. Guru-# Win User

How to restore the display on my laptop to the original settings

USB settings in Power Plan Options on Windows 10 is missing, how to restore it?

As per the below suggested steps I am trying to disable the USB in USB selective suspend setting in my Dell laptop with Windows 10 Home. however, I do not find the USB Settings at all in two modes Balanced mode or Dell (Active) mode under change advanced
    power settings. How to restore it?

USB Selective Suspend Settings, follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows + X.
    2. Choose Power Options.
    3. Select Choose when to turn off the display.
    4. Open Change advanced power settings.
    5. Expand USB settings and USB selective suspend setting.
    6. Select Enabled (default) or Disabled.
    7. Click Apply, then OK.

Guru-#, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

How to restore the display on my laptop to the original settings

1. How to restore the display on my laptop to the original settings - Similar Threads - restore display laptop

2. How to restore or original windows 10 in laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore or original windows 10 in laptop?: I have a HP laptop which originally had a windows 10 edition. I upgraded to windows 11 more than year and half ago. I suffered last three months from two problems. One is that wifi sometime stops and does not work except after restarting laptop or sometimes after resetting...
  3. How to restore or original windows 10 in laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore or original windows 10 in laptop?: I have a HP laptop which originally had a windows 10 edition. I upgraded to windows 11 more than year and half ago. I suffered last three months from two problems. One is that wifi sometime stops and does not work except after restarting laptop or sometimes after resetting...
  4. How to restore the original Windows 10 that came with ASUS laptop?

How to restore the original Windows 10 that came with ASUS laptop?: Hello there,I bought an used ASUS Zenbook pro 15 and it seems that the copy of Windows 10 system on it is not the one that came originally with the laptop. I knew that since I'm trying to install the ScreenPad 2.0 Upgrade Tool and it's keep giving me an error message that...
  5. How to restore the original Windows 10 that came with ASUS laptop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to restore the original Windows 10 that came with ASUS laptop?: Hello there,I bought an used ASUS Zenbook pro 15 and it seems that the copy of Windows 10 system on it is not the one that came originally with the laptop. I knew that since I'm trying to install the ScreenPad 2.0 Upgrade Tool and it's keep giving me an error message that...
  6. How can I change the display settings back to original settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change the display settings back to original settings?: Somehow I have totally messed up my display settings and want to reset them to the original display settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-the-display-settings-back-to/99b172a7-8987-4e5f-8700-df454224e8c6
  7. How can I change the display settings back to original settings?

How can I change the display settings back to original settings?: Somehow I have totally messed up my display settings and want to reset them to the original display settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-the-display-settings-back-to/99b172a7-8987-4e5f-8700-df454224e8c6
  8. How can I change the display settings back to original settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. How to restore windowsapp folder to its original settings?.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to restore windowsapp folder to its original settings?.: Hi, A few days ago I downloaded an app Black notepad from the Microsoft store but it didn't work correctly I thought I could fix it somehow by going to where it's installed and doing something... I searched and found that apps from Microsoft store are installed in the...
  10. Reset laptop to original settings

Reset laptop to original settings: How can I reset EVOO 14.1 ultra thin laptop to original setting when received? Thank you, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-laptop-to-original-settings/87c1cf51-b28c-4c36-bb2f-abdb260093b1

Users found this page by searching for:

1. return screen to 100%

2. how do i restore my screen to 100%

3. my screen suddenly enlarged

4. restore the original display settings,
  5. change screen size back to normal,
  6. how do i restore factory display settings on my acer laptop