Windows 10: How to restore the original Windows 10 that came with ASUS laptop?

Discus and support How to restore the original Windows 10 that came with ASUS laptop? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello there,I bought an used ASUS Zenbook pro 15 and it seems that the copy of Windows 10 system on it is not the one that came originally with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Omar Wazzan, Jun 9, 2022.

1. How to restore the original Windows 10 that came with ASUS laptop?

Hello there,I bought an used ASUS Zenbook pro 15 and it seems that the copy of Windows 10 system on it is not the one that came originally with the laptop. I knew that since I'm trying to install the ScreenPad 2.0 Upgrade Tool and it's keep giving me an error message that says " ... this tool only supports the OS that comes with ASUS".Is there anyway to retrieve the original copy that came with the laptop?And thank you in advance.

:)

Omar Wazzan, Jun 9, 2022

2. Can't upgrade laptop to Windows 10

Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried Windows Defender and discovered it was not turned on and when I tried to turn it on it would quickly turn itself off again. I used another anti-virus program to check out the laptop but it found no problem. Obviously this laptop has some problems.

My next step is to put the original drive back into the machine and try the Windows 10 upgrade from that and if that also fails do a restore of this laptop to the original Windows 7.

alkaufmann, Jun 9, 2022
  3. Kurt Win User
    Is there a way to restore Microsoft Outlook to the original format

Hi all-

Looking for your expertise and guidance in trying to restore my original Outlook, and MS office products (excel, ppt, word, etc) that came with my Dell laptop when I purchased it. I'm on business travel and upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday and all of my original Outlook emails and folders have disappeared. I tried to sync with my Comcast email and it pulled up data from 2009 - 2012 (which weren't on the laptop) and left out all of 2013 - most of 2015 that were on the laptop.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!!

Kurt, Jun 9, 2022
  4. P4-630 Win User

How to restore the original Windows 10 that came with ASUS laptop?

Windows 10 Upgrade Begins Rolling Out in Waves

Will there be an Windows.old folder created that I cannot remove after the upgrade?
    My laptop came pre-installed with windows 8, it's on a hidden partition,
    if I want to to do a factory restore from within Windows 10, does it use the hidden partition and restore to Windows 8 on my laptop?

P4-630, Jun 9, 2022
Thema:

How to restore the original Windows 10 that came with ASUS laptop?

1. How to restore the original Windows 10 that came with ASUS laptop? - Similar Threads - restore original came

2. Formatting windows 10 that originally came with windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Formatting windows 10 that originally came with windows 11: Sometime this year I brought a pc that has windows 11 on it but downgraded to windows 10 as i prefer 10 over 11 but the thing is, if I was to format windows 10 will windows 10 stay and boot back into windows 10 or will it delete windows 10 off the drive?...
  3. Formatting windows 10 that originally came with windows 11

in Windows 10 Customization
    Formatting windows 10 that originally came with windows 11: Sometime this year I brought a pc that has windows 11 on it but downgraded to windows 10 as i prefer 10 over 11 but the thing is, if I was to format windows 10 will windows 10 stay and boot back into windows 10 or will it delete windows 10 off the drive?...
  4. How to restore or original windows 10 in laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore or original windows 10 in laptop?: I have a HP laptop which originally had a windows 10 edition. I upgraded to windows 11 more than year and half ago. I suffered last three months from two problems. One is that wifi sometime stops and does not work except after restarting laptop or sometimes after resetting...
  5. How to restore or original windows 10 in laptop?

How to restore or original windows 10 in laptop?: I have a HP laptop which originally had a windows 10 edition. I upgraded to windows 11 more than year and half ago. I suffered last three months from two problems. One is that wifi sometime stops and does not work except after restarting laptop or sometimes after resetting...
  6. How to restore the original Windows 10 that came with ASUS laptop?

How to restore the original Windows 10 that came with ASUS laptop?: Hello there,I bought an used ASUS Zenbook pro 15 and it seems that the copy of Windows 10 system on it is not the one that came originally with the laptop. I knew that since I'm trying to install the ScreenPad 2.0 Upgrade Tool and it's keep giving me an error message that...
  7. How to restore the original Windows 10 that came with ASUS laptop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to restore the original Windows 10 that came with ASUS laptop?: Hello there,I bought an used ASUS Zenbook pro 15 and it seems that the copy of Windows 10 system on it is not the one that came originally with the laptop. I knew that since I'm trying to install the ScreenPad 2.0 Upgrade Tool and it's keep giving me an error message that...
  8. Installing windows X on laptop that originally came with windows 8

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing windows X on laptop that originally came with windows 8: Hi, I have a dell xps L322X laptop which came with windows 8. The laptop is too slow now even with SSD installed. Below the laptop is a metal flap saying windows 8 but with no windows key like older laptops. It has a serial number of the hardware. The laptop is now windows x...
  9. How to activate the original Windows 10 license that came along with my laptop in a Virtual...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to activate the original Windows 10 license that came along with my laptop in a Virtual...: Hi, I had an activated version of Windows 10 Pro on my laptop. But my needs changed and I switched to a Linux host on my laptop and I installed a virtual machine with a Windows on it. As Windows 10 Pro activation is based on your hardware, I am not able to install it on the...
  10. How to restore Xbox Files that came with New Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore Xbox Files that came with New Laptop: I am new to Windows 10 and didn't realize that Xbox files were necessary to play simple games like Solitaire which I enjoy. I thought they were only for dedicated in-depth games with action figures etc. How do I get these files back that are necessary to play simple...