Windows 10: how to restore the sleep option in the power menu without using edit group editor

Discus and support how to restore the sleep option in the power menu without using edit group editor in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; The subject says it all.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by BonnieBurkhardt, Jul 28, 2020.

1. how to restore the sleep option in the power menu without using edit group editor

The subject says it all.

:)

BonnieBurkhardt, Jul 28, 2020
  2. Suman_B Win User

How to enable Sleep option.

Hi RamkrishanaChaudhari,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand you are unable to view Sleep option,
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, we would need some information.

1. What is the version and
      build of you operating system? In the Search
      box, type winver to get this info.
    2. Are you aware of any changes made on your computer before this issue occurred?

I suggest you to try the following methods and check:

Method 1: Enable Sleep mode.

Suggest you to refer this article on More information on

How to enable Hibernate and Sleep in Power Options on Windows 10

Method 2: Install the Latest Display Driver

If your system is using the generic display driver, the Sleep option might also disappear from the Power Options menu. You need to download and install latest display driver from the manufacturer’s website.

Refer this article to Update drivers in
    Windows 10

Method 3: Add Sleep in Power Menu using Local Group Policy Editor.

The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro,
    Enterprise, and Education editions.

1. Press Windows + R
      keys to open the run command box.
    2. Type gpedit.mscin Run, and click/tap on
      OKto Open the Local Group Policy Editor.
    3. In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to the location below

Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/File Explorer
    4. In the right pane of File Explorerin Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the
      Show sleep in the power options menupolicy to edit it.
    5. Select (dot) Enabled, click/tap on
      OK.

how to restore the sleep option in the power menu without using edit group editor f217349a-3245-4853-816e-ea83d0d76622?upload=true.jpg

Method 4: Turn on Connected Standby from registry.

1. Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then click regedit.exe in the Programs list.

2. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power

3. On the right side pane, double-click CsEnabled and set its value to 1

Registry disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these
    steps carefully. For added protection,
    back up the registry
    before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Sleep Function not in Power/Sleep Options

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Try Enable Sleep Mode Using Group Policy

1.Open the Local Group Policy Editor. Navigate to Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> File Explorer.

2.On the right side panel, double-click on Show sleep in the power options menu settings in the list as shown.

3.In the next window that opens up, select either Enabled or Not Configured and then click OK.

This would add the Sleep option in the Power Options menu in Windows.

Source:

https://www.top-password.com/blog/fix-sleep-opt...

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

AngelCarreno, Jul 28, 2020
  4. how to restore the sleep option in the power menu without using edit group editor

missing sleep menu in power

Hi,

Missing Sleep option in Power menu is usually caused by outdated or corrupted device drivers. For us to better assist you, we would like to ask the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • When you check the Power options in Control Panel, did you mean that the Sleep option is not displaying in the Shutdown settings?

If you haven't check the Shutdown settings in Control Panel, we suggest to do so and make sure that the Sleep option is enabled. To check the Shutdown settings, follow these steps:

• In Cortana search, type control panel.
    • Choose Control Panel from the list.
    • Click System and Security and select Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Shutdown settings, put a tick in the Sleep
      box and click Save changes.

If the Sleep option is already enabled and it still doesn't appear in the Power menu, we recommend that you keep the device drivers up-to-date. For your reference, check this article on how to
    update drivers in Windows 10.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

how to restore the sleep option in the power menu without using edit group editor

1. how to restore the sleep option in the power menu without using edit group editor - Similar Threads - restore sleep option

2. How to edit default existing Local Group Policy Editor with Powershell, instead of using...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to edit default existing Local Group Policy Editor with Powershell, instead of using...: For this example, if the area is missing run regsvr32 gptext.dll in PowerShell first, according to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-server/group-policy/group-policy-areas-missingFor example, if I want to allow MAPS, with the Local Group Policy Editor, I...
  3. How to edit default existing Local Group Policy Editor with Powershell, instead of using...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to edit default existing Local Group Policy Editor with Powershell, instead of using...: For this example, if the area is missing run regsvr32 gptext.dll in PowerShell first, according to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-server/group-policy/group-policy-areas-missingFor example, if I want to allow MAPS, with the Local Group Policy Editor, I...
  4. How to edit default existing Group Policy with Powershell, instead of using the editor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to edit default existing Group Policy with Powershell, instead of using the editor?: For this example, if the area is missing run regsvr32 gptext.dll in PowerShell first, according to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-server/group-policy/group-policy-areas-missingFor example, if I want to allow MAPS, with the Local Group Policy Editor, I...
  5. How to edit default existing Group Policy with Powershell, instead of using the editor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to edit default existing Group Policy with Powershell, instead of using the editor?: For this example, if the area is missing run regsvr32 gptext.dll in PowerShell first, according to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-server/group-policy/group-policy-areas-missingFor example, if I want to allow MAPS, with the Local Group Policy Editor, I...
  6. How to Turn on or off Sleeping Tabs in Edge using Registry or Group Policy Editor

in Windows 10 News
    How to Turn on or off Sleeping Tabs in Edge using Registry or Group Policy Editor: If you want to reduce CPU, memory, or battery usage on your Windows 10 laptop, the Sleeping tab feature is one option you can consider. Although it is possible to enable or disable Sleeping Tabs in Edge using Edge flags, you can do the same using the Registry Editor and the...
  7. Cannot edit items in group policy editor

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot edit items in group policy editor: Dell laptop, W10 Pro 64 bit, v. 2004. I just upgraded a Dell from W7 pro to W10 pro. I want to disable a few items in the group policy editor, but having a problem. I can open gpedit and get to the items, but when I double click only the description shows, not the options...
  8. No Sleep Option in Power Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    No Sleep Option in Power Menu: I just recently upgraded to Windows 10 and had a host of problems, but this is the latest one. It's a known issue but none of the suggestions on the board have solved it yet. There simply isn't a Sleep option for the computer in Windows 10. I've tried to go and add it like it...
  9. Missing sleep option in the power menu in Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing sleep option in the power menu in Win10: I installed Win10 yesterday on my desktop, but sleep is not an option on power menu. Have tried all options that I find in various forums including driver updates and system settings, but can not get a sleep mode for the power menu. Maybe Win 10 thinks my desktop is a laptop...
  10. Lost the sleep option in the power menu in Win10 9926!

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost the sleep option in the power menu in Win10 9926!: Ay-yi-yi. I reinstall Win10 ver 9926 to fix one problem only to run into another. On my power settings, I only have a setting for turning off the display. The usual sleep option is simply not there! I did a powerconfig setting default in a admin cmd line but it did not fix...