Windows 10: How to restore the sleep option in Windows 10 64-bit 2020

Discus and support How to restore the sleep option in Windows 10 64-bit 2020 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Sleep option disappeared, now I can only hibernate. How can I get back the option to sleep? This event might be caused by a Windows update from a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by {antikythera}, Jan 30, 2020.

1. How to restore the sleep option in Windows 10 64-bit 2020

Sleep option disappeared, now I can only hibernate. How can I get back the option to sleep?

This event might be caused by a Windows update from a few days ago.

I have read other posts from Microsoft on this topic and they are useless.

:)

{antikythera}, Jan 30, 2020

2. 64 BIT

• Switching to Windows 10 64 bit is free, you don't have to pay for it. As long as you have a qualifying Windows 7 or 8 or Windows 10 license, you are entitled to use it.
    • Switching requires that you perform a new installation, that means files, applications and settings will be deleted.
    • You will have to reinstall applications and native 64 bit drivers.
    • Backup before migrating: How
      to: Create a system image in Windows 10

Step 1: Download Windows 10 64 bit then create a bootable copy:

How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2: Boot from the 64 bit Windows 10 install media, then perform a custom or clean install:

Andre Da Costa, Jan 30, 2020
  3. Windows 32 bits to 64 bits

Hi Kulbeer,

To upgrade from Windows 10 32-bit to Windows 10 64-bit, we suggest that you check and follow the steps/instructions provided by
    Andre Da Costa in his article.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jan 30, 2020
  4. How to restore the sleep option in Windows 10 64-bit 2020

VirtualBox in Windows 10 64-bit guest only shows 32-bit options

My Situation

I am running VirtualBox v5.2.32 on an Ubuntu 18.04 host. I have created a Windows 10 (64-bit) guest. I installed VirtualBox v6.0.10 in the Windows 10 guest (Windows 10 Pro - v1903 - 64-bit). I am trying to create an Ubuntu (64-bit) guest inside the Windows 10 guest. I only see 32-bit options inside the Windows guest. After several attempts to resolve this, I am still only seeing 32-bit options.

My Intention

The purpose for creating a VM inside a VM is to be able to ensure that VirtualBox is working so that I can test Vagrant configuration inside a Windows 10 environment. Our Vagrant config is using 64-bit base images, so I need to be able set up 64-bit guests inside this Windows 10 guest.

What I Have Already Tried

...on the Ubuntu Host

I have checked Enable VT-x/AMD-V on the System > Acceleration tab in the Ubuntu host's VirtualBox config for the Windows 10 guest machine.

...on the Windows Guest

In the Windows guest machine, I can see that the host's physical CPU details are passed through in Settings > System > About and it shows as a "64-bit operating system, x64-based processor".

This is a vanilla Windows 10 Pro installation, no additional software (i.e., no addon virus protection software).

I inspected Windows Features to ensure that the following are not checked:

• Guarded Host
    • Hyper V
    • Virtual Machine Platform
    • windows Hypervisor Platform
    • Windows Subsystem for Linux

...because my googleing seems to indicate that some or all of these might be an issue.

Based on a VirtualBox forum (I have a 64bit host, but can't install 64bit guests), using gpedit.msc, I set Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Device Guard > Turn on Virtualization Based Security to Disabled. I also check that Windows Security > Device Security > Core Isolation Details is set to Off.

I have "repaired" the VirtualBox installation. I have uninstalled VirtualBox, rebooted, reinstalled, and then rebooted again.

Related Stack Exchange Questions and Other References

I looked at these related, previously asked questions and followed their suggestions as indicated in the steps above. Everything I am finding seems to be related to a Windows 64-bit host running directly on the host machine, not dealing with a Windows host which is itself a guest VM.

Karl Wilbur, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

How to restore the sleep option in Windows 10 64-bit 2020

1. How to restore the sleep option in Windows 10 64-bit 2020 - Similar Threads - restore sleep option

2. How to Convert Windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Convert Windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit: The only way to go from the 32bit version of Windows 10 to the 64bit is to clean install the 64bit versionYou can reinstall Windows 10 at any time and it will not cost you anything !Some tech guy said that the only way to change 32-bit to 64-bit is only thru clean...
  3. How to Convert Windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Convert Windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit: The only way to go from the 32bit version of Windows 10 to the 64bit is to clean install the 64bit versionYou can reinstall Windows 10 at any time and it will not cost you anything !Some tech guy said that the only way to change 32-bit to 64-bit is only thru clean...
  4. Sleep option missing in Windows 11/10; How to restore it?

in Windows 10 News
    Sleep option missing in Windows 11/10; How to restore it?: [IMG]When we don’t want to shut down our system because we are leaving the system for a short period, in that case, the best option is to use put your computer to Sleep. However, the Sleep option is missing for some users on their Windows 11/10 computers and if you are one of...
  5. win 10 64 bit sleep issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    win 10 64 bit sleep issue: Hello-I built a PC win10, 64bit 15 months ago. I regularly get my updates. Everything works fine except for two issues. 1- Sleep settings: after 10 minutes my two monitors go dark. PC is set to go to sleep after 5 hours because I don't want the PC to go to sleep on its own....
  6. win 10 64 bit sleep issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 10 64 bit sleep issue: Hello-I built a PC win10, 64bit 15 months ago. I regularly get my updates. Everything works fine except for two issues. 1- Sleep settings: after 10 minutes my two monitors go dark. PC is set to go to sleep after 5 hours because I don't want the PC to go to sleep on its own....
  7. win 10 64 bit sleep issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Sleep Option Gone Windows 10 64-bit Version 20H2

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep Option Gone Windows 10 64-bit Version 20H2: I have read many questions regarding the missing "Sleep Option" on the Power Options! My power settings on Windows Version 1909 was Restart, Shut down, Sleep. Once I downloaded 20H2, the Sleep option was gone! There is a setting for a timer for my PC to go to...
  9. System Restore - Windows 10 Pro - 64 bit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Restore - Windows 10 Pro - 64 bit: I have used System Restore to good effect many time through the many versions of Microsoft Windows and it has solved a lot of problems for me. My present computer is about six months old and is very fast and connects to the internet instantly using the new Microsoft Edge...
  10. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - sleep and display problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - sleep and display problems: After clean installing Windows 10 I came across two irritations. Irritation 1:- When my desktop awakes from sleep, it doesn't see my Seagate External drive but does see my Iomega and WD external drives! If I restart or reboot it sees them all! No exclamation marks in Device...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. guarded host blocks hibernation mode