Windows 10: how to restore tools and favorites windows 10

Discus and support how to restore tools and favorites windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just realised no favorite tools and need to restore both tools and favorite bars... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChrissyYoungman, May 31, 2019.

1. how to restore tools and favorites windows 10

I just realised no favorite tools and need to restore both tools and favorite bars

:)

ChrissyYoungman, May 31, 2019

2. Favorites list

Hi,

Corruption with the browser's components is one of the possible reasons why you are experiencing an issue with your favorites list. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • What browser are you using? Is it Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer?
    • What changes have you made to your device before you encountered this issue?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest restoring your favorites. Follow these steps to do so:

• Open the File Explorer.
    • Open your C drive.
    • Click on User and then choose your User Account.
    • Right click on Favorites icon and then choose Restore Previous Versions.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, May 31, 2019
  3. Favorites Tool Bar Disappeared

Hi Rex,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I like to know; are you referring to Internet Explorer favorite bar or Microsoft Edge favorite bar?

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

To add favorite bar in Microsoft edge, follow the below steps.

1) Click on the more actions (…) icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner.

2) Settings Show favorites bar and on toggle.

3) Select on Favorite icon (Star symbol) icon present on top right corner.

4) Select the Name and Save Location and click on
    Add button.

To add favorite bar in Internet explorer, Just Right click on the title bar (top of the Internet explorer windows) and select
    Favorite bar.

To restore Favorites, follow the below steps:

Check if you have all the websites listed under Favorites Folder (Location:
    c:/user/<USER NAME>/Favorites), you may restore the default location and check if it helps.

1) Go to Start.

2) Type Favorites in the search bar and
    right click on it.

3) Click on Properties and go to Location tab.

4) Click on Restore defaults and click OK.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 31, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

how to restore tools and favorites windows 10

unable to restore favorites in Internet Explorer 11

Hello,

I can understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

I would suggest you to try the steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

How to restore the favorite’s folder in Internet Explorer.

• To open the Registry Editor, click Start.
    • Type regedit into the Start Search field.
    • Press Enter.
    • Find Favorites under the following Registry keys:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\Shell folders
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\User Shell folders

HKEY_USERS\.default\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\Shell folders

HKEY_USERS\.default\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\User Shell folders

• Right click it and select Modify. The Edit String dialog will open.
    • Verify that the Value Data field contains the correct location of your Favorites folder. If it does not, enter the right location to restore your missing Favorites folder to Internet Explorer.
    C:\Users\NetID\Favorites

• Close the registry editor.
    • Open Internet Explorer to confirm that your favorites are there.
    Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you
    follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to
    view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, May 31, 2019
Thema:

how to restore tools and favorites windows 10

1. how to restore tools and favorites windows 10 - Similar Threads - restore tools favorites

2. How to restore old Snipping Tool in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to restore old Snipping Tool in Windows 11: [ATTACH]The Snipping Tool is on the list of Features Removed in Windows 11. PC users that recently upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10 may notice that the old Snipping Tool is missing and cannot be accessed – that’s because the old Snipping Tool was replaced with Snip &...
  3. System Restore Tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Tool: Other than create system restore point, if i use system restore to put 1%, what does it delete? Will it happen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore-tool/aeec8497-d0c1-4361-afa2-5224f3434f07
  4. how to backup favorites in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to backup favorites in windows 10: I am going to windows 11 on a new computer.. How do I back-up my favorites in windows to, so I can transfer them to windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-backup-favorites-in-windows-10/16a83c6b-83d3-4a7a-9c6d-9f1e25960093
  5. how do I restore favorites that I accidentally deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do I restore favorites that I accidentally deleted: I accidentally deleted Favorites https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-favorites-that-i-accidentally/cc0df6cc-fcb6-4e1a-a4e0-3c4408167dd5
  6. How to Import Favorites from Windows 10 Favorites folder to Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How to Import Favorites from Windows 10 Favorites folder to Edge: When I try to import Favorites from Windows Favorites folder, by going to Edge Settings > Import or Export > Import from file. Then select: C drive > Users > User name > Favorites folder. It only shows the URL short cuts in the Favorites sub-folder, with no way to select...
  7. Restoring Favorites Feature

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restoring Favorites Feature: Hi, I have Windows 10 and I use the Favorites feature a lot (aka Bookmarking websites I want to return to). Suddenly it stopped working. When I'm on an internet page I want to save, I click on the star, a pop-up comes up, I click "Add"--but the star no longer leaps over to...
  8. Change or Restore Favorites Folder Icon in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change or Restore Favorites Folder Icon in Windows: How to: Change or Restore Favorites Folder Icon in Windows How to Change or Restore Favorites Folder Icon in Windows Internet Explorer saves your favorite sites into your Favorites folder by default. By default, your personal Favorites folder is located in your...
  9. Restore Default Administrative Tools in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Restore Default Administrative Tools in Windows 10: How to: Restore Default Administrative Tools in Windows 10 How to Restore Default Administrative Tools in Windows 10 Administrative Tools is a folder in Control Panel that contains tools for system administrators and advanced users. The tools in the folder might vary...
  10. Backup and Restore Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that will be available across the Windows 10 device family. It is fast, compatible, and built for the...