Windows 10: How to restore when Uninstall fails?

Discus and support How to restore when Uninstall fails? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had a number of minor failures. Odd ones. Keyboard wouldn't work on Login and so I had to use Image. (This has corrected itself.) Another odd one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BernardBenTremblay, Dec 13, 2018.

1. How to restore when Uninstall fails?

I had a number of minor failures. Odd ones. Keyboard wouldn't work on Login and so I had to use Image. (This has corrected itself.)

Another odd one is that Store and Feedback both throw errors. (1 and 2)
    see http://bentrem.net/images/Win10-Store-frab1.jpg for fullsize

"Check for Updates" did not work; the display would show 0% and not advance. (3)

I decided to roll back Updates and then re-install ... rubber-chicken tactic ... and that proceeded well for 1 or 2.
    Then two things happened:
    1) Update History was using a very different display, with no Date info present. And (4)
    2) Uninstall failed. The process would proceed but immediately before ReStart Win10 would announce failure and then roll that change back. (5)

Finally the 3rd, which stops me in my tracks.

see http://bentrem.net/images/Win10-Uninstall-frab1.jpg for fullsize

Neither KB4465663 nor KB4477137 have"Uninstall" appear as an option. (6)
    "Uninstall" with KB4467702 but that process fails each time.

* I do not know that these are all related.
    * They correspond in time.

* I cannot install Updates.
    * I cannot roll back Updates.

These 6 frabb have me dead in my tracks.
    I'd appreciate advice as to how to advance this.

/bdt

How to restore when Uninstall fails? 1f4ae786-6fea-48ad-a71c-da22b35d32cf?upload=true.jpg <|> How to restore when Uninstall fails? d7997e24-77b0-4224-935b-793fbc8b289e?upload=true.jpg

:)

BernardBenTremblay, Dec 13, 2018

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused How to restore when Uninstall fails? :confused:

oli_ramsay, Dec 13, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

How to restore when Uninstall fails? [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Dec 13, 2018
  4. How to restore when Uninstall fails?

i uninstalled a game, can i restore it?

steam now supports UT3...and i JUST uninstalled it*Bang Head :banghead: is there a way to restore it? or just reinstall it some how? (i don't have the CD)

Braveheart, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

How to restore when Uninstall fails?

1. How to restore when Uninstall fails? - Similar Threads - restore Uninstall fails

2. Restore Windows when restore point failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore Windows when restore point failed: My laptop is caught in the automatic repair loop, and when I tried to restore a restore point, that method somehow failed. I planned to give it another try but the system showed no restore point was made.Is there another way to restore my Windows apart from the restore point?...
  3. Restore Windows when restore point failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore Windows when restore point failed: My laptop is caught in the automatic repair loop, and when I tried to restore a restore point, that method somehow failed. I planned to give it another try but the system showed no restore point was made.Is there another way to restore my Windows apart from the restore point?...
  4. Restore Windows when restore point failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Failed restoration

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed restoration: Hi, I recently tried to do a full system restoration on my go pavilion and it says restoration incomplete. I have hit try again but it didn’t fix it. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-restoration/b820c82e-2ec8-4281-a032-8c65c5d6ee47
  6. Uninstall Failed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Uninstall Failed: Apps Uninstall Failed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/uninstall-failed/1b5ff047-8dcb-430b-a180-7662dbfbc925
  7. Restoring System Image When System Image Restore Fails?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restoring System Image When System Image Restore Fails?: Hi guys, Bear with me on this little odyssey. It's a bit of a ramble, and more just me moaning than asking an actual question, but if anyone can help me figure out where I was going wrong I can sleep a bit easier. I was working on a project to deploy a custom Windows image...
  8. Restoring uninstalled Apps.

Restoring uninstalled Apps.: My Apps were removed when I reset my PC. I have a list of them. How do I reinstall these Apps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restoring-uninstalled-apps/191490b0-5a33-4fcd-8c72-9b6d9b720c96
  9. System restore doesn't restore uninstalled software.

System restore doesn't restore uninstalled software.: Maybe I have a misunderstanding of how System Restore works. Yesterday I uninstalled a program that I'd like to now get back. The company that made the program no longer offers archive downloads for that program in particular. Today it occurred to me that I could do a System...
  10. restore point uninstalled applications

in Windows 10 Support
    restore point uninstalled applications: if you make a restore point and then you uninstall different applications: will these applications be installed after restoring the restore point you've made before uninstalling the applications? how can such a restore point install these applications: it does not contain a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. re-install kb4467702