Windows 10: How to restore Win10 20H2 Firefox profile from Ubuntu backup

Discus and support How to restore Win10 20H2 Firefox profile from Ubuntu backup in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm a former Windows user (12 years with Ubuntu) thinking about migrating back to Win10. I have my Firefox default- release profile backed up daily on... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by LouG, Mar 10, 2021.

1. LouG Win User

How to restore Win10 20H2 Firefox profile from Ubuntu backup

I'm a former Windows user (12 years with Ubuntu) thinking about migrating back to Win10. I have my Firefox default- release profile backed up daily on a usb hard drive. I've tried copying the contents of my profile to users/Lou/appdata/mozilla/xxxxxxxx.default-release with no joy at all. Obviously, not the right way to go - will someone tell me where I'm going wrong? TIA for any help...

:)

2. Missing Profile WIN10

Hi Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

I request you to check if your profile is listed under users list or not. Follow the below step and check:

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type netplwiz in the box and hit enter.

If it is not listed, I suggest you to restore the system to the previous point where PC was working normally. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows + I key and click on Update and security.

• Click on Recovery, and click on
      Restart
      under Advance startup.

• In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click
      'Troubleshoot'.

• Click, Advanced Options and then click on
      System Restore.

• Follow the onscreen suggestion to restore your PC to earlier point.

Hope this helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Mar 10, 2021
  3. sumasage Win User
    Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Mar 10, 2021
  4. bumgarb42 Win User

Add-Ons for Firefox crash since update to 80

I left Firefox open over night and attempted to login to LastPass this morning - all the addons crashed. I had Firefox Task Manager open at the time and before attempting the login all addons were in the list and not using very much resources. After attempting login, all of the addons disappeared from the Firefox Task Manager list.

I will try the additional suggestions.

If I want to try a new profile without losing my saved/sync profile (and hopefully with the option of syncing my data back into the new profile) what steps should I take? Or is it just a given that if it is profile corruption, the sync profile is junk...?

Thanks!

How to restore Win10 20H2 Firefox profile from Ubuntu backup [​IMG]

How to restore Win10 20H2 Firefox profile from Ubuntu backup [​IMG]

bumgarb42, Mar 10, 2021
Thema:

1. How to restore Win10 20H2 Firefox profile from Ubuntu backup - Similar Threads - restore Win10 20H2

2. Restoring Win10 with an Image file from a backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring Win10 with an Image file from a backup: I have an old Dell pc with Windows 10including updates installed on it. I'm using the pc only to educate myself on different admin type processes like restoring, repairing, etc. I want to restore a Windows 10 from an Image File, among other processes, because I want to know...
  3. Restoring Win10 with an Image file from a backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring Win10 with an Image file from a backup: I have an old Dell pc with Windows 10including updates installed on it. I'm using the pc only to educate myself on different admin type processes like restoring, repairing, etc. I want to restore a Windows 10 from an Image File, among other processes, because I want to know...
  4. Restoring Win10 with an Image file from a backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Restore files from backup win10 desk top pc

Restore files from backup win10 desk top pc: If I make a complete backup of the "C"-drive/system and store on another partition. Then make a clean install on "C".Can I then restore individual files and/or folders and program from the backup image files? Or is it all or nothing?...
  6. How to restore Win10 from a full partition backup?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to restore Win10 from a full partition backup?: Hello, I am a Win8 user previously I am using Win10, and I am facing problems with Win10 currently.The Windows 10 system can't boot BSoD: INACCESSIBLE_ROOT_DEVICE because of libusb driver problems probably. However I can't find a way to work it out.What I tried are as...
  7. How to restore Win10 from a full partition backup?

How to restore Win10 from a full partition backup?: Hello, I am a Win8 user previously I am using Win10, and I am facing problems with Win10 currently.The Windows 10 system can't boot BSoD: INACCESSIBLE_ROOT_DEVICE because of libusb driver problems probably. However I can't find a way to work it out.What I tried are as...
  8. 20H2 How to restore from freefilesync mirror backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    20H2 How to restore from freefilesync mirror backup: I've been using freefilesync to mirror my users/me (and users/wife) folders and wonder how to restore should I need to. The first thing that occurs to me is to reverse the backup process but I wonder how to go about it. I don't foresee having to do this short of a hard...
  9. Installing win10 from ubuntu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing win10 from ubuntu: Hi! I tried to reinstall my windows 10 from a bootable usb, but after an error on the installation, I can't boot anymore from the windows 10 installer. I tried recreating the usb from RUFUS and WINDOWS 10 MEDIA CREATION TOOL. Tried modiying bios secure boot, legacy mode, fast...
  10. cannot restore old firefox profile

in Browsers and Email
    cannot restore old firefox profile: I realise this post is not exclusively related to Windows 10, but someone out there may be able to help me. I carelessly ended up with a virus today and it played havoc with my Firefox browser. Fortunately a couple of weeks ago I had saved a copy of my Firefox profile...