Windows 10: How to restore windows 10 services to default state without having to do a reset of the PC

Discus and support How to restore windows 10 services to default state without having to do a reset of the PC in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello. I have a Dell all in one with win 10. A friend borrowed it and changed a lot of services from automatic to whatever. He has no idea about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Michael Allen Andersen, May 17, 2022.

1. How to restore windows 10 services to default state without having to do a reset of the PC

Hello. I have a Dell all in one with win 10. A friend borrowed it and changed a lot of services from automatic to whatever. He has no idea about computers, similar to myself except I know not to mess with services. Anyway, the reason I don't want to reset it is b/c there are apps I cant reinstall like Iolo willmaker files and I don't want to lose all my .pst files. If possible I just want to be able to rest services to the factory state. The one thing that I know does not work even after using the troubleshooter is Bluetooth, so my phone app won't work. I appreciate any assistance you m

:)

Michael Allen Andersen, May 17, 2022
  2. Cliff S Win User

Restore Default Services in Windows 10  

Shawn, have fun updating your list*Wink

How to restore windows 10 services to default state without having to do a reset of the PC [​IMG]

Or have you already*Wink

How to restore windows 10 services to default state without having to do a reset of the PC [​IMG]

Cliff S, May 17, 2022
  3. reset system folder (windows) permission back to default / original state

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type File explorer options,Select it from the options
    • Click on Restore defaults.
    • Click Apply and OK.

Thanks,

Waseemulla S, May 17, 2022
  4. Ahhzz Win User

How to restore windows 10 services to default state without having to do a reset of the PC

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 17, 2022
Thema:

How to restore windows 10 services to default state without having to do a reset of the PC

1. How to restore windows 10 services to default state without having to do a reset of the PC - Similar Threads - restore services default

2. How to reset file exploler into the default state

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset file exploler into the default state: i messed up my windows exploler. now i cannot reset this to the default state. everything clicked becomes duplicated. how to reset this... into its default state without getting duplicated and getting drop down menus automatically?...
  3. How to reset file exploler into the default state

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset file exploler into the default state: i messed up my windows exploler. now i cannot reset this to the default state. everything clicked becomes duplicated. how to reset this... into its default state without getting duplicated and getting drop down menus automatically?...
  4. How to restore windows 10 services to default state without having to do a reset of the PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore windows 10 services to default state without having to do a reset of the PC: Hello. I have a Dell all in one with win 10. A friend borrowed it and changed a lot of services from automatic to whatever. He has no idea about computers, similar to myself except I know not to mess with services. Anyway, the reason I don't want to reset it is b/c there are...
  5. How to restore windows 10 services to default state without having to do a reset of the PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to restore windows 10 services to default state without having to do a reset of the PC: Hello. I have a Dell all in one with win 10. A friend borrowed it and changed a lot of services from automatic to whatever. He has no idea about computers, similar to myself except I know not to mess with services. Anyway, the reason I don't want to reset it is b/c there are...
  6. Restore to a default state on restart?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Restore to a default state on restart?: Not sure if this software still exists but back in the day of Windows XP my school had a system where every time you rebooted the computer it reverted to a default stateim guessing an image. It was so fast it only took a few minutes for the computer to start up. I think the...
  7. How do i reset the default restore down window 'resolution'?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i reset the default restore down window 'resolution'?: I don't know how to explain it but when i open old games, it sets the resolution to 800x600 and when i close the game or if i alt+tab while in game it'll make all other programs open in 800x600 if they're maximized. For example, I'm playing Beyond Divinity, it's an old game...
  8. How do I restore my services to default in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I restore my services to default in Windows 10?: Hello, I am trying to restore my services to default without resetting my PC. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-restore-my-services-to-default-in-windows/18cc0c44-c52f-4326-a90c-c58dae0b5ff0
  9. How do I restore windows 10 to its previous state after a "reset?"

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How do I restore windows 10 to its previous state after a "reset?": Hello, My custom built computer started to randomly shutdown or restart, and after exhausting all software/driver checks to windows updates and other software related discrepancies, I resorted to "resetting" my OS, which did not fix my problem anyway. The issue, it seems,...
  10. Restore Default Services in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Restore Default Services in Windows 10: How to: Restore Default Services in Windows 10 How to Restore Default Services in Windows 10 A service is an application type that runs in the system background without a user interface and is similar to a UNIX daemon process. Services provide core operating system...