Windows 10: How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?

Discus and support How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have taken a system image backup from my windows 11 laptop. Now I am trying to restore it but getting the prompt to create repair disc. How can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Paramita Bhattacharyya, Apr 18, 2024.

1. How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?

I have taken a system image backup from my windows 11 laptop. Now I am trying to restore it but getting the prompt to create repair disc. How can I restore without creating the disc? Image has been attached for reference.

:)

Paramita Bhattacharyya, Apr 18, 2024

2. System Image Backup and Repair Disc on same drive

Dear Sirs-

I am running Windows 10 Home Edition on an Acer E5 laptop. I just created a System Image Backup on an external hard drive (Seagate Slim 2 GB). I have a couple of questions and would really appreciate any help!

Upon successful completion of the image backup, I am getting a dialog box asking me if I want to create a system repair disc.

• Should I create the system repair disc?
    • If so, do I need to do this every time I create an image backup?
    • Can the system repair disc be on the same external hard drive as the system image backup?
    • If so, how much space will it require (I want to know if there is enough capacity left on the external hard drive, or how much I'll need on a separate drive)?

Also, when I create the System Image backup, it seems to be taking up a great deal of room on my external drive. It is taking up large chunks, as if it's keeping all of the previous backups instead of replacing them.

• How can I determine what is taking up all of the room on the external drive?
    • How can I get the backup to discard some, or all, of the prior backups?

Thank you very much for your help!

Philip

PhilipSigler, Apr 18, 2024
  3. Jian N Win User
    Restore system image without system repair disc

Hello.

I've created a system image and was trying to restore it. I did not have a blank disc, so I did not create a system repair disk.

I got into Advanced startup > Troubleshoot > Advanced options > System Image Recovery

After selecting the system image, the computer asks for a system repair disc, which I do not have.

As far as I know, this used to be the only way to restore a system image without a system repair disc, is it still possible now?

Jian N, Apr 18, 2024
  4. How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?

cannot create repair disc

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with creating system repair disc. I will certainly help you with the issue.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know please check if the CD/DVD drive is detecting in Device manager and check for yellow color exclamation mark next to it?

This issue could occur if the media is corrupted, hence you need to replace the media which you are using as some of the media may cause this type of issues while burning. Try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the
    issue.

Step 1.

In the search bar, type recdisc.exe and hit
    Enter.

Step 2.

• Now press Windows key + X and click
      Control Panel (All Items view), and click on the
      Backup and Restore
      icon.
    • Now click on the Create a System recovery disc link in the left blue pane.
    • Insert a blank CD or DVD into your CD/DVD drive and click on the Create disc button.
    NOTE: If you are prompted to insert a Windows installation disc, it means that the files needed to create the system repair disc cannot be found on your
    computer. Insert a Windows 10 installation disc.

• It will now start creating the System Repair Disc
    NOTE: If any Auto Play window pops up, just close it.

• When it's finished, click on the Close button.
    • Click on OK.
    • Now remove the remove and label your new Windows 10 System Repair Disc from the CD/DVD drive.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Ankit Rajput, Apr 18, 2024
Thema:

How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?

1. How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc? - Similar Threads - restore system image

2. How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?: I have taken a system image backup from my windows 11 laptop. Now I am trying to restore it but getting the prompt to create repair disc. How can I restore without creating the disc? Image has been attached for reference....
  3. create a system repair disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    create a system repair disc: can I use a Western Digital "My Passport" external drive to create a system repair disc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-system-repair-disc/6268ec5f-3709-4848-b439-b7ada8590127
  4. create a system repair disc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    create a system repair disc: can I use a Western Digital "My Passport" external drive to create a system repair disc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-system-repair-disc/6268ec5f-3709-4848-b439-b7ada8590127
  5. Restoring from system image backup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restoring from system image backup: submitted by /u/SgtJackVisback [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lk0h04/restoring_from_system_image_backup/
  6. Is it possible to create and restore a backup without a system image?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it possible to create and restore a backup without a system image?: I have wasted a week trying to backup my computer because I've been warned the hard drive will fail. Every time I get to 97% - which takes a day - it stalls. I have run chkdsk - also one day - and found some problems. I have a feeling each time I run it and each time I...
  7. Restore from system image, no system repair disc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restore from system image, no system repair disc: I have an HP laptop running windows 10. The screen was badly broken so I sent it to HP to be repaired. They recommended that I backup my files beforehand because they may need to completely reset the computer. So I created a system image on an external SSD of mine. I now...
  8. Restore system image without system repair disc

Restore system image without system repair disc: Hello. I've created a system image and was trying to restore it. I did not have a blank disc, so I did not create a system repair disk. I got into Advanced startup > Troubleshoot > Advanced options > System Image Recovery After selecting the system image, the computer...
  9. System Image Backup and Repair Disc on same drive

System Image Backup and Repair Disc on same drive: Dear Sirs- I am running Windows 10 Home Edition on an Acer E5 laptop. I just created a System Image Backup on an external hard drive (Seagate Slim 2 GB). I have a couple of questions and would really appreciate any help! Upon successful completion of the image backup, I...
  10. Creat A System Repair Disc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Creat A System Repair Disc: in Windows 10 Home for Recovery OS I tried Creat A System Repair Disc. I insert a blank DVD 16X speed and creat but it is not supported so which burning speed of DVD can Use....