Windows 10: how to restore windows font

Discus and support how to restore windows font in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hi, Recently, I changed my windows 10 font using a Registry file written in Notepad and applied it in my PC. After then I am facing some problems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Vishnu.yadav, Mar 31, 2020.

1. how to restore windows font

hi,

Recently, I changed my windows 10 font using a Registry file written in Notepad and applied it in my PC.

After then I am facing some problems like "COLON" symbol in time font at right down corner is not showing up.

Will you please help me out?

There is a screenshot of what I am facing. how to restore windows font 3e44bed2-63b4-4eb5-96c5-c9bce488f7fa?upload=true.jpg

:)

Vishnu.yadav, Mar 31, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

In Windows 10 how do I return the font on my desktop icons to the default setting?

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to restore to default font settings in windows 10.

• Type fonts in the search and press enter

• Click on Font settings

• Click on Restore default font settings.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Bolded Font on Internet Browsers

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a Windows 10 update that changed your font settings automatically. If you recently updated your operating system, we suggest that you follow these steps to see if the font will go back to normal:

• Type font in the search bar.
    • Select Change Font settings.
    • Click Restore default font settings.

Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Dennis Mop, Mar 31, 2020
  4. NeoSOS Win User

how to restore windows font

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

how to restore windows font

1. how to restore windows font - Similar Threads - restore font

2. I cannot restore my fonts even though i restored my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot restore my fonts even though i restored my laptop: So, yesterday I was trying to delete some stuff to free up some space for my cpu and storage by following youtube vid, and I forgot which app i deleted. Then, all the fonts in my web, google and file explorer has all changed. I tried alot of ways getting it back, but its...
  3. I cannot restore my fonts even though i restored my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot restore my fonts even though i restored my laptop: So, yesterday I was trying to delete some stuff to free up some space for my cpu and storage by following youtube vid, and I forgot which app i deleted. Then, all the fonts in my web, google and file explorer has all changed. I tried alot of ways getting it back, but its...
  4. How do I restore fonts to default size.

How do I restore fonts to default size.: Fix Control panel/appearance/fonts doesn't work for this Lenovo Yoga W11 laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-fonts-to-default-size/aed85edd-35c6-4a57-95d4-cc1c3a4a7e84
  5. How do I restore fonts to default size.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I restore fonts to default size.: Fix Control panel/appearance/fonts doesn't work for this Lenovo Yoga W11 laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-fonts-to-default-size/aed85edd-35c6-4a57-95d4-cc1c3a4a7e84
  6. 2 issues: Invisible desktop icon and inconsistency system font - can I restore system...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 issues: Invisible desktop icon and inconsistency system font - can I restore system...: Hi Everyone,I have two issues:1. The font on top of the app preivew is inconsistent with the Windows system font i.e. not Segoe UI Variable, how can I change it?2. All of my desktop icons are invisible - I know they are on the desktop when I right click there is a response...
  7. 2 issues: Invisible desktop icon and inconsistency system font - can I restore system...

2 issues: Invisible desktop icon and inconsistency system font - can I restore system...: Hi Everyone,I have two issues:1. The font on top of the app preivew is inconsistent with the Windows system font i.e. not Segoe UI Variable, how can I change it?2. All of my desktop icons are invisible - I know they are on the desktop when I right click there is a response...
  8. Restore default Sinhala font

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore default Sinhala font: I installed Sinhala language features through the settings then my Sinhala font changed to ugly font which is harder to readHow to restore windows 11 default Sinhala font? I uninstalled Sinhala language features, but nothing changed....
  9. Restore default Sinhala font

Restore default Sinhala font: I installed Sinhala language features through the settings then my Sinhala font changed to ugly font which is harder to readHow to restore windows 11 default Sinhala font? I uninstalled Sinhala language features, but nothing changed....
  10. My fonts have changed on the internet. How do I restore default fonts?

in Windows 10 Customization
    My fonts have changed on the internet. How do I restore default fonts?: I had some tech work done with screen sharing. The problem was solved but now all the fonts are messed up and look terrible. I tried restoring default settings on fonts, but it does nothing....