Windows 10: how to restore windows with another computer using a usb cable

Discus and support how to restore windows with another computer using a usb cable in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; okay so i ha a toshiba encore thing and i cant use i because i updated it, i think the updates were hardware stuff, but idk how that would work, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by VoidGamerL66, Apr 24, 2021.

1. how to restore windows with another computer using a usb cable

okay so i ha a toshiba encore thing and i cant use i because i updated it, i think the updates were hardware stuff, but idk how that would work, but that update made the touch screen not work, so pls help me, i can open it but cant, so im using my other windows 10 computer running windows 10 home, and y broken one is 10 pro so pls help me how do i fix the touch screen

:)

VoidGamerL66, Apr 24, 2021
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

how to restore windows with another computer using a usb cable [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Apr 24, 2021
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Apr 24, 2021
  4. Guru-# Win User

how to restore windows with another computer using a usb cable

USB settings in Power Plan Options on Windows 10 is missing, how to restore it?

As per the below suggested steps I am trying to disable the USB in USB selective suspend setting in my Dell laptop with Windows 10 Home. however, I do not find the USB Settings at all in two modes Balanced mode or Dell (Active) mode under change advanced
    power settings. How to restore it?

USB Selective Suspend Settings, follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows + X.
    2. Choose Power Options.
    3. Select Choose when to turn off the display.
    4. Open Change advanced power settings.
    5. Expand USB settings and USB selective suspend setting.
    6. Select Enabled (default) or Disabled.
    7. Click Apply, then OK.

Guru-#, Apr 24, 2021
Thema:

how to restore windows with another computer using a usb cable

1. how to restore windows with another computer using a usb cable - Similar Threads - restore another computer

2. is it possible to transfer files between computers using a usb cable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is it possible to transfer files between computers using a usb cable?: is it possible to transfer files from one computer to another using the usb ports? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-transfer-files-between-computers/7752d8bc-d55b-4549-88a6-19aa35858f0f
  3. is it possible to transfer files between computers using a usb cable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is it possible to transfer files between computers using a usb cable?: is it possible to transfer files from one computer to another using the usb ports? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-transfer-files-between-computers/7752d8bc-d55b-4549-88a6-19aa35858f0f
  4. is it possible to transfer files between computers using a usb cable?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. how to use a usb c cable as only a usb hub and not display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to use a usb c cable as only a usb hub and not display: I am on windows 11, I use a Lenovo laptop and a Dell monitor, my monitor has a USB hub on it, so I have a type c cable running from my monitor to my laptop, but the problem is my laptop has a dedicated GPU that is only accessible through the HDMI port and type c only uses the...
  6. how to use a usb c cable as only a usb hub and not display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to use a usb c cable as only a usb hub and not display: I am on windows 11, I use a Lenovo laptop and a Dell monitor, my monitor has a USB hub on it, so I have a type c cable running from my monitor to my laptop, but the problem is my laptop has a dedicated GPU that is only accessible through the HDMI port and type c only uses the...
  7. How to use windows 10 as a display for another computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to use windows 10 as a display for another computer: I have another computer i would like to try but it has no display id like to try using this computer a display for it before buying a display for it...
  8. Computer not recognizing android phone when connected using USB cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer not recognizing android phone when connected using USB cable: HEY, I BOUGHT ASUS VIVOBOOK GAMING LAPTOP WINDOWS 10 A FEW DAYS AGO. WHEN I AM CONNECTING MY ANDROID PHONE TO THE PC , IT DOES NOT RECOGNIZES IT , BUT CHARGING IS ACTIVATED IN THE PHONE . EVERY OTHER DEVICE FLASH DRIVE , INPUT DEVICES [MOUSE,KEYBOARD] ARE BEING RECOGNIZED...
  9. usb pnp device not connecting to computer using usb cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb pnp device not connecting to computer using usb cable: how to get turntable connected by the usb cable to record sound on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-pnp-device-not-connecting-to-computer-using/c511c39a-f4a7-4e28-9358-f41dc0213ecc
  10. Restoring a Windows 10 Backup to Another Computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring a Windows 10 Backup to Another Computer: My hard drive failed and took out the motherboard when it failed. I had run an Windows 10 backup to a backup drive prior to the failure. Can I restore the backup to another computer running Windows 10?...