Windows 10: How to restore WindowsApps security permissions

Discus and support How to restore WindowsApps security permissions in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I recently was playing with settings and changed where new content is saved. I changed new apps will save to my D drive and then I wanted to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RyanCusack1, Dec 6, 2018.

1. How to restore WindowsApps security permissions

Hello, I recently was playing with settings and changed where new content is saved. I changed new apps will save to my D drive and then I wanted to change it back to my C drive. After changing it back to my C drive, I had to mess with the permissions to be able to delete the Windowsapps folder on my D drive. It seems that the permissions extended to the folder in my C drive though.

I would like to know the default access for the Windowsapp folder. I did change the ownership back to TrustedInstaller but I am still able to delete the folder on the C drive and I do not want to be able to do that. Below is a screenshot of my windowsapp permissions. If someone could let me know to get it back to the default so I cannot delete the folder anymore, that would be appreciated. Thank you!

How to restore WindowsApps security permissions 3142cd07-5144-459e-a3ba-7408a81e2e71?upload=true.png

:)

RyanCusack1, Dec 6, 2018

2. Restore Security Permissions

Hello Deepak,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have cancelled the security permissions while setting it to folders and you are trying to restore back. We will help you.

• Which folder are you trying to set the permissions?
    • What are you referring to " files is affected "?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open the file explorer and select the destination folder
      for which you wanted to revert back the permission changes.
    • Right click on the folder. Select the Previous versions
      tab.
    • Select the previous version in the below list and click
      apply
    • Check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Restore Security Permissions

I wanted to change the security permissions of some folder, but I targeted my root D drive instead.

I cancelled half way, but still; the majority of the files is affected and I want to revert my action.

Please suggest me how to restore the security permissions to default, am using windows 10.

Deepak Teja, Dec 6, 2018
  4. How to restore WindowsApps security permissions

Permission/Ownership Issues WindowsApps Folders...

I have been tearing what little hair I have left out of my head trying to copy a file from my desktop to the appropriate folder in the Kodi folder buried in the XBMC… folder in Windowsapps in a brand-new fairly high-end laptop running Windows 10 Pro. I cannot get beyond first what appears to be a UAC “Destination Folder Access Denied” error message saying “You’ll need to provide administrative permission to copy to this folder.” If I click on the UAC “continue” button I get another “Destination Folder Access Denied” error box saying “You need permission to perform this action.” The second error box has only “Try Again” and “Cancel” buttons. Nothing is listed under “More details” in either error box.

Here is most of what I have tried:

1. changing ownership of Windowsapps and all folders below it to my Microsoft account user and granting full-control permissions to Windowsapps and all folders below it;
    2. changing ownership to administrators group for Windowsapps and all folders below it and granting full-control permissions to Windowsapps and all folders below it;
    3. enabling the “hidden” administrator account, going back to my Microsoft user account and granting full-control rights to the administrator account, returning to the administrator account, taking control with that account, granting full control permission to Windowsapps and all folders below it;
    4. creating a new administrator account and repeating 3;
    5. completely disabling UAC through the registry, once in the default administrator account and once in my Microsoft account user.
    6. adding and using the “Take Ownership” context option on a Windowsapps folder as described in the Tutorial at Add Take Ownership to Context Menu in Windows 10 ; and
    7. running the following commands in an administrator command window:

Code:
    Code:
    takeown /f "%ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps" /a /r /d y   icacls "%ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps" /inheritance:r /grant:r Administrators:(OI)(CI)F /t /c 
    as suggested at: Permission/Ownership Issues WindowsApps Folders... - Windows 10 Forums
    In fact, even if I do an explicit copy from an administrator command window, I get an “access is denied” notice.

None of the many sources I have looked at online are of any help in dealing with this blockage. Please help — not only do I need to get full-control access to Windowsapps and its subfolders for this purpose, I also need to get full-control permission to Windowsapps folders in order to get rid of an annoying McAffee startup.exe which pops an error box on every boot up even though I removed McAffee in the normal way.

How can I get assured access to Windowsapps folders???

jedpaquette, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

How to restore WindowsApps security permissions

1. How to restore WindowsApps security permissions - Similar Threads - restore WindowsApps security

2. Permission for WindowsApps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permission for WindowsApps: I recently noticed that Windows is unable to access the content inside WindowsApps. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permission-for-windowsapps/dd6685e6-0959-412a-a6cb-33c5316ef562
  3. Permission for WindowsApps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permission for WindowsApps: I recently noticed that Windows is unable to access the content inside WindowsApps. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permission-for-windowsapps/dd6685e6-0959-412a-a6cb-33c5316ef562
  4. Remove user permission for WindowsApps folder or respectively restore permission back to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove user permission for WindowsApps folder or respectively restore permission back to...: Just wanted to look something in the WindowsApps folder and changed the permission to me respectively the owner. Now I want to restore it to default owner the TrustedInstaller but I got many denial from changing it back. Cancelled the attempt, but now I have no more...
  5. Remove user permission for WindowsApps folder or respectively restore permission back to...

Remove user permission for WindowsApps folder or respectively restore permission back to...: Just wanted to look something in the WindowsApps folder and changed the permission to me respectively the owner. Now I want to restore it to default owner the TrustedInstaller but I got many denial from changing it back. Cancelled the attempt, but now I have no more...
  6. Windowsapps permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windowsapps permission: I recently was messing about with the windowsapps folder. After messing with it a lot of my games, apps, etc won't load they crash immediately. I tried reverting the changes I made which didn't do anything, ran the system scan, updated windows, and thru the media installer...
  7. Windowsapps permission

Windowsapps permission: I recently was messing about with the windowsapps folder. After messing with it a lot of my games, apps, etc won't load they crash immediately. I tried reverting the changes I made which didn't do anything, ran the system scan, updated windows, and thru the media installer...
  8. Windowsapps permission

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Windowsapps permission

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windowsapps permission: I am trying to change the name of a folder in the windows apps folder. I am the owner of the folder but I cant rename it. It's says I need access from myself. What do I do? submitted by /u/TitusHM1 [link] [comments]...
  10. Problem with WindowsApps permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with WindowsApps permissions: Hi! Recently i installed a game called Yakuza 0 from the windows store but theres one problem, in-game all the buttons are displayed as xbox buttons, but i dont have the coordination to press the buttons at the right time in quick time events or minigames since i've used...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restore windowsapps folder permissions

2. restore WindowsApps permissions

3. reset windowsapps permissions

4. Its secure to change windowsapps permissions,
  5. correct permissions for windowsapps folder,
  6. folder security on WindowsApps,
  7. change security permissions old WindowsApps,
  8. restore windowsapps folder permissions restore,
  9. icacls %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps /grant,
  10. restore permissions windows apps folder,
  11. windows 10 restore to recover default permissions windowsapps,