Windows 10: How to restore work in a file that was lost?

Discus and support How to restore work in a file that was lost? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Using Microsoft Word 2010. Typing two hours. Screen turns white and message says something like Word is not responding. Lost two hours of work. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by VicCrete, Sep 17, 2018.

1. VicCrete Win User

How to restore work in a file that was lost?

Using Microsoft Word 2010. Typing two hours. Screen turns white and message says something like Word is not responding. Lost two hours of work. How to restore file? When reopening file version without most recent work is not there.

I "saved" every step of the way. This is the second time this happened to this file.

:)

VicCrete, Sep 17, 2018

2. File Lost!!

I am in deep shit, I lost a File on accident that my father had been working on for 3 months *Bang Head :banghead:and its been emptyed from the recycle bin*Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:. I have done system restore point as far back as I could go but the file still did not apear in the documents folder. I have download several Recovery tools and none of them can find it. Surely someone here know of someway or some mircle programe that can recover it. Please anyone help.*Cry :cry:

AphexDreamer, Sep 17, 2018
  3. Recovering Lost Files

Hi, Shaun.

Thank you for posting in Community. I understand your concern and we will try to assist you in the best way we can.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information below:

Can you find the files now, if you go to windows.old?

I would suggest that you perform Power Drain and check you can find the files and folder that you have lost. To do so follow the steps below:

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system

If you can't find a file on your computer or you accidently modified or deleted a file, you can restore it from a backup (if you're using Windows backup) or you can try to restore it from a previous version. Previous versions are copies of files
    and folders that Windows automatically saves as part of a restore point. Previous versions are sometimes referred to as shadow copies.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 17, 2018
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Lost a lot of files, need help getting them back

Shadow Copies usually refers to Restore Points. For now, if you can, recover everything Recuva can, including the "shadow copies". One step at a time. If they are, in fact, Restore Points, there are ways to "explore" the Restore Point and extract the files. I do not want to get into the nuts and bolts of that at this point. Get the Recuva done first! Stop the bleeding! To an ext drive.

f14tomcat, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

1. How to restore work in a file that was lost? - Similar Threads - restore file was

2. How to restore Windows lost security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to restore Windows lost security: The problem happened that after I reinstalled the system, I couldn't find Windows security and lost some commonly used Windows items like Microsoft Store/Windows, Clock, Photos, Calculator, etc. Can you help me recover it again?...
  3. How to restore Windows lost security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore Windows lost security: The problem happened that after I reinstalled the system, I couldn't find Windows security and lost some commonly used Windows items like Microsoft Store/Windows, Clock, Photos, Calculator, etc. Can you help me recover it again?...
  4. How to restore Windows lost security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to restore Windows lost security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore Windows lost security: I lost Windows security after my PC was reinstalled and I lost some missing Windows items such as Microsoft Store/Windows, Clock, Photo, Calculator and others. Can you guys help me to recover it again?...
  6. Lost my files after system restore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost my files after system restore: I recently had a problem with Windows where everything I had previously files, apps and more disappeared so I searched online and was suggested to restore my system using 'System Restore'. I did so and I got most of my stuff back except I can't find anything in my images...
  7. Lost my files after system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost my files after system restore: I recently had a problem with Windows where everything I had previously files, apps and more disappeared so I searched online and was suggested to restore my system using 'System Restore'. I did so and I got most of my stuff back except I can't find anything in my images...
  8. Lost restore point for backuped files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost restore point for backuped files: I have a lot of files that were backed up with microsofts own backup and restore function.Now when I reinstalled win10 the system can't find any restore points for theese files.Windows added a string to the filenames whenever it was starting a new backup session.The string...
  9. HOW TO RESTORE LOST UPDATES

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HOW TO RESTORE LOST UPDATES: HOW TO RESTORE LOST UPDATES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-lost-updates/cc91ac86-e984-4b6e-a320-3461b4a07761
  10. How to restore lost files and apps ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to restore lost files and apps ?: Hi everyone, I had encountered a problem which goes in as follows: > I installed a certain game which I later uninstalled. >While uninstalling the app, the windows Add or Remove programs gave me an option if whether I want to uninstall several other apps related to that...