Windows 10: How to restore Xbox Files that came with New Laptop

Discus and support How to restore Xbox Files that came with New Laptop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am new to Windows 10 and didn't realize that Xbox files were necessary to play simple games like Solitaire which I enjoy. I thought they were only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KS ANNE, Feb 27, 2019.

1. KS ANNE Win User

How to restore Xbox Files that came with New Laptop

I am new to Windows 10 and didn't realize that Xbox files were necessary to play simple games like Solitaire which I enjoy. I thought they were only for dedicated in-depth games with action figures etc.

How do I get these files back that are necessary to play simple 1-player games on my laptop.

:)

KS ANNE, Feb 27, 2019
  2. Erika Aro Win User

can't restore files to a new laptop using file history.

Hi John,

The path of the drive may differ from the new laptop to the old laptop. It depends on where you plugged in the external hard drive. At this point, we'd like to ask the following to assist you better:

• Was the hard drive before a storage drive only or a main hard drive of a computer?
    • What type of files were you trying to restore?
    • Can you please send screenshots of how you restore your files? Blur any personal information for your security.
    • To avoid repetition, can you provide us with all the troubleshooting steps that you've done so far?

Erika Aro, Feb 27, 2019
  3. my old laptop connects to my xbox one but my new laptop wont even see the laptop

Hi Ricky,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the description I understand that you are unable to connect to Xbox from your new laptop.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• How exactly are you trying to connect to Xbox (wired/ wireless)?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates on your device?

I suggest you to refer to the below articles, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned and check if it helps.

Update your Xbox One Controller

And,

Xbox One Wireless Controller disconnects or can't connect

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 27, 2019
  4. Lawls Win User

Unable to Restore New Laptop from Backup of Old Laptop

Hi Ken. Thank you so much for providing me with this link. It talked me through solving my problem step by step and I successfully restored my files from my old laptop onto my new laptop. I can't thank you enough. Jeff

Lawls, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

1. How to restore Xbox Files that came with New Laptop - Similar Threads - restore Xbox Files

2. How to return the programs that came with the laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to return the programs that came with the laptop?: Product: OMEN By HP - 17-An012dxOperating System: Microsoft Windows 11Hello, Windows 10 was installed on my laptop from the store after starting the laptop, I found the programs that came with the laptop, such as Microsoft Office 2016 and programs from HP, there were also...
  3. How to return the programs that came with the laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to return the programs that came with the laptop?: Product: OMEN By HP - 17-An012dxOperating System: Microsoft Windows 11Hello, Windows 10 was installed on my laptop from the store after starting the laptop, I found the programs that came with the laptop, such as Microsoft Office 2016 and programs from HP, there were also...
  4. How to restore the original Windows 10 that came with ASUS laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore the original Windows 10 that came with ASUS laptop?: Hello there,I bought an used ASUS Zenbook pro 15 and it seems that the copy of Windows 10 system on it is not the one that came originally with the laptop. I knew that since I'm trying to install the ScreenPad 2.0 Upgrade Tool and it's keep giving me an error message that...
  5. How to restore the original Windows 10 that came with ASUS laptop?

How to restore the original Windows 10 that came with ASUS laptop?: Hello there,I bought an used ASUS Zenbook pro 15 and it seems that the copy of Windows 10 system on it is not the one that came originally with the laptop. I knew that since I'm trying to install the ScreenPad 2.0 Upgrade Tool and it's keep giving me an error message that...
  6. How to restore the original Windows 10 that came with ASUS laptop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. File History Restoral on New Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History Restoral on New Laptop: I backed up most of my files using File History to a USB drive because sending my laptop off for repairs. After getting it back, I reinstalled windows 11, but File History does not show my backup from Jan 7th.Could someone point me in the right direction on getting my files...
  8. File History Restoral on New Laptop

File History Restoral on New Laptop: I backed up most of my files using File History to a USB drive because sending my laptop off for repairs. After getting it back, I reinstalled windows 11, but File History does not show my backup from Jan 7th.Could someone point me in the right direction on getting my files...
  9. How to restore files to a new computer using file history

How to restore files to a new computer using file history: Hi. When we try to restore the files, the new computer says that there is no File History folder on the external drive, even though this folder is visible in File Explorer. It's as though the computer can't recognise the File History folder. We've set up the Administrator...
  10. file history- problem restoring file history onto new laptop

file history- problem restoring file history onto new laptop: I have a file history created from a win8 laptop on a remote drive and want to ''restore'' this onto my new win 10 laptop. I'm currently signed in as the same user as per win 8. Opening "file history" and clicking, "I want to use a previous backup.....", displays this...