Windows 10: How to restrict child access his/her Microsoft account privacy settings

Discus and support How to restrict child access his/her Microsoft account privacy settings in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have created a child account for my teenager. If she accesses her Microsoft account she can see that her web history will be visible to me. Can her... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Pottery2, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Pottery2 Win User

How to restrict child access his/her Microsoft account privacy settings

I have created a child account for my teenager. If she accesses her Microsoft account she can see that her web history will be visible to me. Can her access to her Microsoft account be restricted to prevent this as otherwise she will simply use a non-connected device.

***Original title: Family account ***

:)

Pottery2, Jun 13, 2019

2. Microsoft Family Child Account - Able to Access Blocked Accounts

Hi Randy,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the restrictions that you’ve set on your child’s account under
    Microsoft Family may be caused by some configuration on the feature. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you remove and re-add your child’s account to the
    Microsoft family. This process will re-establish a good configuration on the account. To remove a Family member, you may follow the steps provided in this article on how to
    remove members from your Microsoft family.
    Once you’re on the page, you may proceed with the steps under the Online section, and then complete the process. After completing the steps, you may go to this article on how to
    set up your family, and then complete the given steps. After completing the process,
    you may set the restrictions to your child’s account by following the steps given in this article on how to
    set restrictions for your child
    on Windows 10 and Xbox One.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Jun 13, 2019
  3. Minecraft Servers- child?

Hi,

A Parent account can manage or control the Child account's privacy and online safety settings online. To change or remove the restrictions on your child's profile, you may follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your account on the
      Xbox account settings page
    • Select the gamertag of the child account which you want to edit.
    • Go to the Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety.
    • Set Join multiplayer games to Allow.
    • Save your settings.

Make sure that the restrictions are also removed from the
    Microsoft Family page

• Sign in to your account and look for the child account's email address.
    • Click on Content restrictions.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, Jun 13, 2019
  4. How to restrict child access his/her Microsoft account privacy settings

Child "Gamertags" Not Showing in Family Settings.......although child "accounts" are shown

Hi,

To change privacy and online safety settings for child accounts, you can follow the steps on this

link

To verify if the child accounts are successfully registered under your account, we suggest that you contact our Xbox Chat Support on this

link

Let us know if you have further queries.

Loraine Mon, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

How to restrict child access his/her Microsoft account privacy settings

1. How to restrict child access his/her Microsoft account privacy settings - Similar Threads - restrict child access

2. Child Microsoft account access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child Microsoft account access: Trying to sign in my child into their Microsoft account for both OneDrive and Minecraft I get a pop up adding for my details, it accepts them, then asks for child permissions and after giving I get the following message and frozen windowTraceld: pdVxnp7+C05/VuHu 25.285 Any...
  3. Child Microsoft account access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Child Microsoft account access: Trying to sign in my child into their Microsoft account for both OneDrive and Minecraft I get a pop up adding for my details, it accepts them, then asks for child permissions and after giving I get the following message and frozen windowTraceld: pdVxnp7+C05/VuHu 25.285 Any...
  4. How to add child account that is currently set to Organzer on his computer? How to add...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to add child account that is currently set to Organzer on his computer? How to add...: Parent: Steps taken: Settings, Accounts- Family Add. Sent child invite to Outlook email. Child accepted invitation.Child: accepted invite on their end and has joined the family safety group.Parent: Organizer/Admin dashboard. On childs profile it has accept, Hit select and...
  5. How to add child account that is currently set to Organzer on his computer? How to add...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add child account that is currently set to Organzer on his computer? How to add...: Parent: Steps taken: Settings, Accounts- Family Add. Sent child invite to Outlook email. Child accepted invitation.Child: accepted invite on their end and has joined the family safety group.Parent: Organizer/Admin dashboard. On childs profile it has accept, Hit select and...
  6. How to add child account that is currently set to Organzer on his computer? How to add...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Child account not linked to her parent's

Child account not linked to her parent's: Hi everyone, I created a Skype account for my daughter some time ago. I don't remember exactly the steps I followed, but I'm almost sure it asked the procedure asked for my her father permission at a certain point. I'm now reviewing our Family Group and I find she is in a...
  8. child account restrictions

child account restrictions: Hi, I have set up an account on my PC for my child and have successfully restricted his internet access to only the list of sites that I have approved. However, on the bottom taskbar, there is a search box that returns previews of web search results, including pictures, if...
  9. download for child in my account and not hers

download for child in my account and not hers: i downloaded minecraft for my child and it is in my account. is there a way to get it into her account to download to her computer? or does she need to log in to my account and if so will she need to be in my account to play?...
  10. How To Change Adult Account to Child Account - Need To Set Restrictions

How To Change Adult Account to Child Account - Need To Set Restrictions: Right this is now stressing us out I have had my own Microsoft Account for years. However when we got our son his XBOX One we used my Microsoft Account which of course is the Adult Account to set him up on his new XBOX One and away he went. Now he is getting older he is...