Windows 10: How to restrict children from downloading apps on the computer?

Discus and support How to restrict children from downloading apps on the computer? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am getting really close to replacing Windows with some half-baked Linux distribution. I have small children, and I am insanely frustrated at how... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Mum and DadMarston, Mar 3, 2019.

1. How to restrict children from downloading apps on the computer?

I am getting really close to replacing Windows with some half-baked Linux distribution. I have small children, and I am insanely frustrated at how difficult it is to set up a Windows machine in a responsible way for them to use. I have removed Windows Store via Powershell, but it seems this doesn't prevent them from searching and installing apps from the search bar.

I want to be able to give my children access to a walled-garden of Internet content and nothing else, but this seems impossible. And now Microsoft wants me to register a credit card with them to authenticate my children's accounts?? I was uncomfortable enough when I was required to give them an email address!! They are only 8 & 5. Are Microsoft trying to make the world reconfigure their way of life to fit Microsoft system limitations?

Am I missing some fundamental benefits that someone can explain to me? I want my children to learn from access to a computer, not just sit and consume games.

***Modified title from: Is there any way to responsibly manage small children in Windows now?***

:)

Mum and DadMarston, Mar 3, 2019

2. Preventing access to modern app

Ive been tasked with preventing the children from accessing instagram. I've got it listed in my windows hosts file and internet options/security/restricted site but the windows 10 app is still allowing access. Any suggestions other then deleting app which can just be reinstalled?

FrostyWinnipeg, Mar 3, 2019
  3. blocking apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Log in to Microsoft account | Your family using your Microsoft Email account.
    • Find the user that is correspond to the computer account on the Windows that you are having issue with.
    • Click on "App Restrictions".
    • Under App Restrictions, click on "App list".
    • Here, you can Allow or Block the Apps/Games that you want.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Mar 3, 2019
  4. How to restrict children from downloading apps on the computer?

Disable individual Windows Store apps.

Ive been tasked with preventing the children from accessing instagram. I've got it listed in my windows hosts file and internet options/security/restricted site but the windows 10 app is still allowing access. Any suggestions other then deleting app which
    can just be reinstalled?

FrostyWinnipeg, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

How to restrict children from downloading apps on the computer?

1. How to restrict children from downloading apps on the computer? - Similar Threads - restrict children downloading

2. how to download pictures from my phone to the computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to download pictures from my phone to the computer: download pictures from my phone to my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-pictures-from-my-phone-to-the/ee15040c-b822-4400-a821-8f9c31ed9d5d"
  3. Computer naming restrictions in a Windows domain

Computer naming restrictions in a Windows domain: Is a computer name in a Windows server 2012 domain allowed to consist of only numerics i.e. "1234567". It seems to work OK, as my machine got a name based on its internal service tag, which is normally a mixture of letters and numbers, however this particular machine only...
  4. Downloading an app from the store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloading an app from the store: Hi there. I recently tried to update a game I already had on my Window (dell) laptop and had problems, so uninstalled the game. I have since been to the Microsoft store again to reinstall the app/game and play again but every time I try to download I get this message:...
  5. How do you restrict the websites that users can download from, like we did with the Site to...

How do you restrict the websites that users can download from, like we did with the Site to...: In Internet Explorer you can use Site Zones to restrict users from downloading from certain websites, and allowing them to download from websites that are trusted and part of the intranet. But Microsoft Edge does not follow these rules, it re-introduces the wild wild west of...
  6. App and browser setting restriction

in Windows 10 Customization
    App and browser setting restriction: Please help me to get rid of this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-and-browser-setting-restriction/0317b4c9-7421-4bd8-bfba-e847400e0cf0
  7. App and browser setting restriction

in Windows 10 Customization
    App and browser setting restriction: Please help me to get rid of this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/app-and-browser-setting-restriction/0317b4c9-7421-4bd8-bfba-e847400e0cf0
  8. Downloading from an app?

Downloading from an app?: Hello, I was wondering if it is possible to download video from an app I got from the app store? The app is "moviefree" and I have win10 on an HP notebook g60-447cl. I have "free download manager" which has a drop box i can drag links to and it also has a flah video download...
  9. App from Store is not downloading

App from Store is not downloading: Bought a new computer 2 weeks ago, love the OS. Tonight was my attempt to download a game from the Store; I used my MS account to start, and it just sits there spinning around. I hope I'm not the only one with this issue? Please advise. Thanks! Punkinee 56496
  10. Removing files from "All Apps" Tablet Mode for childrens account

Removing files from "All Apps" Tablet Mode for childrens account: Hi all, I have recently re-installed "Windows 10 Home" onto my laptop after a year of my 2 children downloading, installing, deleting and moving all manner of files, my theory - back everything up and go with a new, "fresh" start. I have set them both up this time around with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restrict apps windows children

2. how can i restrict a user on the laptop from downloading apps