Windows 10: How to restrict children from downloading apps on the computer?

Discus and support How to restrict children from downloading apps on the computer? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am getting really close to replacing Windows with some half-baked Linux distribution. I have small children, and I am insanely frustrated at how... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Mum and DadMarston, Mar 3, 2019.

1. How to restrict children from downloading apps on the computer?

I am getting really close to replacing Windows with some half-baked Linux distribution. I have small children, and I am insanely frustrated at how difficult it is to set up a Windows machine in a responsible way for them to use. I have removed Windows Store via Powershell, but it seems this doesn't prevent them from searching and installing apps from the search bar.

I want to be able to give my children access to a walled-garden of Internet content and nothing else, but this seems impossible. And now Microsoft wants me to register a credit card with them to authenticate my children's accounts?? I was uncomfortable enough when I was required to give them an email address!! They are only 8 & 5. Are Microsoft trying to make the world reconfigure their way of life to fit Microsoft system limitations?

Am I missing some fundamental benefits that someone can explain to me? I want my children to learn from access to a computer, not just sit and consume games.

***Modified title from: Is there any way to responsibly manage small children in Windows now?***

:)

Mum and DadMarston, Mar 3, 2019

2. Preventing access to modern app

Ive been tasked with preventing the children from accessing instagram. I've got it listed in my windows hosts file and internet options/security/restricted site but the windows 10 app is still allowing access. Any suggestions other then deleting app which can just be reinstalled?

FrostyWinnipeg, Mar 3, 2019
  3. blocking apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Log in to Microsoft account | Your family using your Microsoft Email account.
    • Find the user that is correspond to the computer account on the Windows that you are having issue with.
    • Click on "App Restrictions".
    • Under App Restrictions, click on "App list".
    • Here, you can Allow or Block the Apps/Games that you want.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Mar 3, 2019
  4. How to restrict children from downloading apps on the computer?

Disable individual Windows Store apps.

Ive been tasked with preventing the children from accessing instagram. I've got it listed in my windows hosts file and internet options/security/restricted site but the windows 10 app is still allowing access. Any suggestions other then deleting app which
    can just be reinstalled?

FrostyWinnipeg, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

How to restrict children from downloading apps on the computer?

1. How to restrict children from downloading apps on the computer? - Similar Threads - restrict children downloading

2. How do I restrict a user from downloading apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I restrict a user from downloading apps: I need to be able to prohibit my son from downloading apps on the computer. I would appreciate a solution, but before you answer, please consider: 1 I already have administrator status and he is a standard user. Some advice on this platform has said that this would solve the...
  3. How do I restrict a user from downloading apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I restrict a user from downloading apps: I need to be able to prohibit my son from downloading apps on the computer. I would appreciate a solution, but before you answer, please consider: 1 I already have administrator status and he is a standard user. Some advice on this platform has said that this would solve the...
  4. How do I restrict a user from downloading apps

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. New computer - downloading apps from the library

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New computer - downloading apps from the library: Can anyone help please. Have just bought a new computer running windows 11 but when we go into Microsoft store and library we can’t download anything the wheel just whirs around yet the old computer with windows 10 downloads fine. Any suggestions as to the problem would be...
  6. New computer - downloading apps from the library

New computer - downloading apps from the library: Can anyone help please. Have just bought a new computer running windows 11 but when we go into Microsoft store and library we can’t download anything the wheel just whirs around yet the old computer with windows 10 downloads fine. Any suggestions as to the problem would be...
  7. How can we restrict app which was downloaded from Internet and it can be renamed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can we restrict app which was downloaded from Internet and it can be renamed?: Hello guys. I am using Windows 11. I want to prevent VPNs portable software to run on Windows, so children cannot use it to watch any ****.Is there any way that we make a program to check its MD5 sum and automatically block it if User ever launches it?So, if User changed its...
  8. How can we restrict app which was downloaded from Internet and it can be renamed?

How can we restrict app which was downloaded from Internet and it can be renamed?: Hello guys. I am using Windows 11. I want to prevent VPNs portable software to run on Windows, so children cannot use it to watch any ****.Is there any way that we make a program to check its MD5 sum and automatically block it if User ever launches it?So, if User changed its...
  9. 1 of my 2 children's profiles works correctly with content restrictions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    1 of my 2 children's profiles works correctly with content restrictions: I can only get 1 out of the 2 of my children's profiles to work correctly for content restrictions. I have them both set up the same but the one will not block anything. I have all of the browsers, except Microsoft Edge, blocked, yet he can still go into every other browser....
  10. but children can't buy apps!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    but children can't buy apps!: How is my daughter supposed to buy Minecraft? Now it's on my account, and I don't want to play. She uses this PC, and she does want to play. This is crazy. Children can't make purchases!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restrict microsoft family account from downloading software

2. restrict apps windows children

3. how can i restrict a user on the laptop from downloading apps