Windows 10: How to restrict guest user in Windows 10

Discus and support How to restrict guest user in Windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I have a problem now I using windows10 in Virtual Box. I need to create a guest account on windows 10 and i need to do with a guest user: Guest... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by namkhingjaruspitayakul, Oct 2, 2019.

1. How to restrict guest user in Windows 10

Hi,

I have a problem now I using windows10 in Virtual Box.

I need to create a guest account on windows 10 and i need to do with a guest user:

Guest User should not be allowed to:
    · Change anything in the background.
    · Update Software
    · Cannot access control panel
    · As an administrator show that someone successfully logged on using your credential when you were not at home. Use Event Viewer to demonstrate.

How can I do in windows 10

:)

namkhingjaruspitayakul, Oct 2, 2019

2. Guest

Hi Voytek,

To remove the guest account from your start screen, we suggest that you try the following steps:

• Right-click Start menu, then select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enable guest account first by typing net user guest /active:yes, then press
      Enter.
    • Disable guest account by typing net user guest /active:no, then press
      Enter.
    • Perform a
      clean boot in Windows.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Oct 2, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - Guest Account

Did not work for me.

Sharon Croft, Oct 2, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

How to restrict guest user in Windows 10

Unable to set restriction for local user in Windows 10

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• How did you noticed that user is still able to access the drive?

• Did you log into the local user account and check the permission?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to restrict the user.

• In File Explorer, right click on the drive which you want to restrict.
    • Click Properties.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Click on Edit to change the permissions.
    • Uncheck all the permission for system.
    • Click OK and make sure the change is applied to all subfolders and files.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

How to restrict guest user in Windows 10

1. How to restrict guest user in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - restrict guest user

2. How to restrict user not to see other user records?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to restrict user not to see other user records?: ................. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restrict-user-not-to-see-other-user-records/11284ad1-c029-4588-9b80-063b4ad1ac31
  3. how to keep users on guest accounts from changing guest password on Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to keep users on guest accounts from changing guest password on Windows 10 Home: I do a little bit of IT work for 3 hotels in the town I live in. I'm actually the group sales manager for these hotels but because I know a little bit of computer stuff it's fallen to me to do the IT work.When I set up the guest computers for these hotels I originally had it...
  4. How to restrict max logins per user in Windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to restrict max logins per user in Windows 10?: Hi all, The simple version of the question is: how to restrict max logins per user in Windows 10? The original version is as follows: <quote begin> I have a Windows 10 Home Edition box with a GPU to share via SSH more specifically sharing go/igo/baduk/weiqi AI engines ,...
  5. Guest User customisation

Guest User customisation: How do i allow guest user to download and access apps/programs on just guest but not on admin profile while at the same time also allowing games from admin available on guest profile. Simply i have given guest profile access to games purpose but now i want to also give...
  6. guest user accounts in windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    guest user accounts in windows 10 pro: can guest user accounts be set up in Windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/guest-user-accounts-in-windows-10-pro/de08288a-f94d-4ecd-a889-6218b96bab6c
  7. Guest User Restriction

Guest User Restriction: Hello. I want to restrict access to a drive by a local user account. With my admin account I did Properties > Security > Remove all access for that user account. And when I switch to the other account it just shows NTFS drive and inaccessible. But within that account when I...
  8. How can I sign-in with guest user in Windows 10?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How can I sign-in with guest user in Windows 10?: Hello, I enabled Guest user. How can I log-in with the Guest user? I don't have Guest in sign-in page. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-sign-in-with-guest-user-in-windows-10/0b8a81a0-c188-49cb-b633-5061c0f33bfd
  9. User restrictions

User restrictions: How can I restrict a user profile from downloading programs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-restrictions/701495f4-6697-427d-ad20-16d961188fa1"
  10. Windows 10 temporarily guest user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 temporarily guest user: Hello! Is it possible to create guest user account with temporarily user directory? Iv noticed, that there is a bug, that creates in registry HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList key with .bak extension. Iv tried to manipulate with - create new key...