Windows 10: How to restrict max logins per user in Windows 10?

Discus and support How to restrict max logins per user in Windows 10? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi all, The simple version of the question is: how to restrict max logins per user in Windows 10? The original version is as follows: <quote... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Windows Category - All, Jul 26, 2020.

1. How to restrict max logins per user in Windows 10?

Hi all,

The simple version of the question is: how to restrict max logins per user in Windows 10?

The original version is as follows:

<quote begin>

I have a Windows 10 Home Edition box with a GPU to share via SSH more specifically sharing go/igo/baduk/weiqi AI engines , both client program and server program are working fine, the only thing is I don't know is how to restrict the max logins or SSH sessions per user. If one person connects to the server in multiple sessions, the server can be overwhelmed.

I see in Linux there's a MaxLogins option is the limits.conf file, but not sure about OpenSSH in Windows 10. Alternatively, maybe restricting the user to log in multiple times is also an option, but still I am not sure how to do this. I am willing to upgrade the Home Edition to Pro Edition, if it solves my problem.

<quote end>

:)

Windows Category - All, Jul 26, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Unable to set restriction for local user in Windows 10

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• How did you noticed that user is still able to access the drive?

• Did you log into the local user account and check the permission?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to restrict the user.

• In File Explorer, right click on the drive which you want to restrict.
    • Click Properties.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Click on Edit to change the permissions.
    • Uncheck all the permission for system.
    • Click OK and make sure the change is applied to all subfolders and files.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Wifihelp Win User
    How to restrict wifi for certain users in windows 10

I would like to know how to restrict wifi access for certain users(on the same desktop) in windows 10. I want only One user(on the same desktop) to have wifi access and all the other users I would like for them NOT to have wifi access when they log in to
    their login(same desktop). How do i do this in windows 10, I use to be able to do this in windows 7 using “Use all-user and per-user profiles” option. Need an answer please for windows 10.

I would like to use the “Use all-user and per-user profiles” option(This is what i have been using in windows 7)

In windows 7 all i needed to do to accomplish it was

1.click on Manage Wireless Networks highlight my wifi connection

2. click on the Profile types button

3. then I would choose the “Use all-user and per-user profiles” option

How can i accomplish this in windows 10?

Wifihelp, Jul 26, 2020
  4. marknyy Win User

How to restrict max logins per user in Windows 10?

Windows users at login

I cannot see all of my user accounts on the login screen on a new Windows 10 laptop. I have an account for my son and it does not appear as a user on the login screen. It is listed if I display the users with the CMD prompt. The only account I see is my
    account which is an admin. His account is a user. All the suggestions I've seen are not available on home edition.

marknyy, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

How to restrict max logins per user in Windows 10?

1. How to restrict max logins per user in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - restrict max logins

2. Login restriction.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login restriction.: HelloWhile the system is locked in windows 10 how can we restrict other user to login untill the previous user is signed out because if user keep there files open and when other user login he doesn't get the entire memory or other resources to system because of which faces...
  3. Login restriction.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login restriction.: HelloWhile the system is locked in windows 10 how can we restrict other user to login untill the previous user is signed out because if user keep there files open and when other user login he doesn't get the entire memory or other resources to system because of which faces...
  4. Login restriction.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. How to restrict user not to see other user records?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to restrict user not to see other user records?: ................. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restrict-user-not-to-see-other-user-records/11284ad1-c029-4588-9b80-063b4ad1ac31
  6. Is Windows 10 Device Encryption - Per User?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is Windows 10 Device Encryption - Per User?: Is the key to encrypt/decrypt files specific to my user profile? Or is the Data Encryption Key the same and shared across all users on the same machine?e.g. Assume both user A and user B can login to the same computer C.Can someone physically remove the hard drive from C, and...
  7. Restrict or reserve disk io per application?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restrict or reserve disk io per application?: Anyone know an application who can do this for windows 10? Thx submitted by /u/user_982396 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hwm3wx/restrict_or_reserve_disk_io_per_application/
  8. How to restrict guest user in Windows 10

How to restrict guest user in Windows 10: Hi, I have a problem now I using windows10 in Virtual Box. I need to create a guest account on windows 10 and i need to do with a guest user: Guest User should not be allowed to: · Change anything in the background. · Update Software · Cannot access control...
  9. How Can I Adjust Max Connections Per Server For Web Browsing In Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How Can I Adjust Max Connections Per Server For Web Browsing In Windows 10?: I use Firefox on PCs running Windows 10 Home and Pro. I would like to know how to adjust the maximum number of connections per server that can be used by web browsers such as Firefox when viewing websites. I have found and tried numerous approaches involving making changes...
  10. User restrictions

User restrictions: How can I restrict a user profile from downloading programs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-restrictions/701495f4-6697-427d-ad20-16d961188fa1"