Windows 10: How to restrict simple local accounts to not change any setup

Discus and support How to restrict simple local accounts to not change any setup in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; How to restrict simple local accounts in Windows 10 to not change any setup or configuration of any application. For example, to not change or quit... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jbeteta, Feb 26, 2021.

1. jbeteta Win User

How to restrict simple local accounts to not change any setup

How to restrict simple local accounts in Windows 10 to not change any setup or configuration of any application.

For example, to not change or quit antivirus program or to not close or quit Skype or whatever application that is running in the Windows Notification Area.

:)

jbeteta, Feb 26, 2021

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Feb 26, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Unable to set restriction for local user in Windows 10

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• How did you noticed that user is still able to access the drive?

• Did you log into the local user account and check the permission?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to restrict the user.

• In File Explorer, right click on the drive which you want to restrict.
    • Click Properties.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Click on Edit to change the permissions.
    • Uncheck all the permission for system.
    • Click OK and make sure the change is applied to all subfolders and files.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Feb 26, 2021
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

1. How to restrict simple local accounts to not change any setup - Similar Threads - restrict simple local

2. How to remove family restriction at a local admin account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove family restriction at a local admin account?: I am using my WIN 11 PC with a local administrator account. My son accessed the Windows Store and maybe more with his email and downloaded a game in my account. As a result, my local account is linked to his family security and restricts my access.The computer is not...
  3. How to remove family restriction at a local admin account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove family restriction at a local admin account?: I am using my WIN 11 PC with a local administrator account. My son accessed the Windows Store and maybe more with his email and downloaded a game in my account. As a result, my local account is linked to his family security and restricts my access.The computer is not...
  4. restrict local account access to external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    restrict local account access to external drive: If I, as administrative account holder, access an external drive by using the BitLocker code, will another user of the PC, with a standard local account, also be able to access the contents of this external drive? Or will this other user also need to enter the Bitlocker code...
  5. restrict local account access to external drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    restrict local account access to external drive: If I, as administrative account holder, access an external drive by using the BitLocker code, will another user of the PC, with a standard local account, also be able to access the contents of this external drive? Or will this other user also need to enter the Bitlocker code...
  6. restrict local account access to external drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. How to setup Windows 11 Home with a Local Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to setup Windows 11 Home with a Local Account: Ok my new computer will get Windows 11 Home. I don't want to use a microsoft account. Can I just use a local account with Windows 11 Home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-setup-windows-11-home-with-a-local-account/a6f10e1f-2c8d-4d92-a63a-64d541cfdf63
  8. Restrictions to local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Restrictions to local account: HiI would like to control what apps and how long can be used on local account. How it is possible to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restrictions-to-local-account/3efb3f72-f97b-4149-a4c7-edb4d41a40a2
  9. Seeking a simple setup.

in Browsers and Email
    Seeking a simple setup.: Older rookie looking for the simplest setup for an e-mail program to send pictures. I have EasyMail for gmail now. Thanks for any help. 128040
  10. Seeking a simple setup.

in Windows 10 Support
    Seeking a simple setup.: Older rookie looking for the simplest setup for an e-mail program to send pictures. I have EasyMail for gmail now. Thanks for any help. 128040