Windows 10: How to restruct access to certain things on a second account?

Discus and support How to restruct access to certain things on a second account? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 Laptop with two accounts, one of them is Admin and the other is named Standard. Lets say I want to restrict the apps and websites... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MohammadAnwar3, Aug 18, 2020.

1. How to restruct access to certain things on a second account?

I have a Windows 10 Laptop with two accounts, one of them is Admin and the other is named Standard.

Lets say I want to restrict the apps and websites that Standard can access, how do I do that? This other account will be later on used by somebody other than me.

:)

MohammadAnwar3, Aug 18, 2020
  2. Fortitude Win User

Is it advisable/useful to have a second (full) Administrator account?

Firstly, I should say that someone suggested this Forum to me and it's one of the most useful things that I have come across on the Internet!
    I read somewhere that one way to safeguard your system is to create a second Administrator account in addition to the one that is built-in in Windows, so that should there be a problem with the "original" Administrator account you would use the second one to restore the first one.
    If this is indeed advisable, what are the steps to do it? I presume that I should password-protect the second Administrator account.
    Would I have the second Administrator account always enabled and the original Administrator account always disabled?

Fortitude, Aug 18, 2020
  3. Can't access certain websites in Win10

Hi Alan,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your efforts and time.

• As I understand you are unable to access certain websites, what websites are you not able to access?
    • Have you logged in with a Microsoft account or a local account?
    I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Network troubleshooter. Either search for it in the Search or run it by following the link below.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cant-connect-to-network#1TC=windows-8

• Try a different network adapter/connection type if possible.
    • Check for Windows Updates.
    • Check for drivers for the network adapter.
    • Open a CMD window as Administrator:
      • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
      • sfc /scannow
      • netsh winsock reset
    Also try to restart the DNS service.

• Press Windows Logo Key+X. Click on Run.
    • Type services.msc. Click on Ok.
    • Then find DNS client. Right-click on it to Stop it and Restart it.
    If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Aug 18, 2020
  4. Vesao Win User

How to restruct access to certain things on a second account?

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

How to restruct access to certain things on a second account?

1. How to restruct access to certain things on a second account? - Similar Threads - restruct access certain

2. Cant interact with certain things

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant interact with certain things: I have a gateway pc, model gwtc116-2bl, however whenever i try to open something it allows me but i cant seem to interact with it, only with the background. Sometimes its the other way around, im in the program but wont let me interact with anything else going in the...
  3. Cant interact with certain things

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant interact with certain things: I have a gateway pc, model gwtc116-2bl, however whenever i try to open something it allows me but i cant seem to interact with it, only with the background. Sometimes its the other way around, im in the program but wont let me interact with anything else going in the...
  4. PC HELP CANT DO CERTAIN THINGS LOST ACCESS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PC HELP CANT DO CERTAIN THINGS LOST ACCESS: Please i need help I downloaded mods for GA and I deleted them and I think it gave me a virus or something where i cant access most applications and i cant open gta, steam, administrator settings and a few other apps and when I go in settings it doesn't let me click some...
  5. Certain things not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Certain things not working: Currently, I am having problems with my laptop. Here is a more in depth description:1. Cant open windows start menu2. cant use Cortana3. Cant use search4. I cant use windows settingsJust to specify, I can open control panel...
  6. certain keys are doing random things

certain keys are doing random things: my right arrow key keeps tying in random things, my numpad #1 keeps exiting me out of everything even when I hold FN when pressing it . Ive tried reinstalling the keyboard driver, troubleshooting everything and nothing seems to fix it. I have also updated my computer to the...
  7. Certain things randomly stop working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Certain things randomly stop working.: Every so often, my computer stops working properly and I can't do things like open file explorer, right click on desktop, or open something as administrator through the search bar. Anyone know how to fix this? submitted by /u/PickleBanjo [link] [comments]...
  8. Certain Taskbar/Tray Things Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Certain Taskbar/Tray Things Not Working: Lately, I have been having issues with my taskbar. Certain actions that used to work no longer work. These actions include: Right clicking on a taskbar icon, left clicking on the volume icon, left clicking on network icon, clicking on notification center icon, and clicking on...
  9. cant click on certain things...

cant click on certain things...: I cant click on anything like the windows button or windows defender, etc. when i try to open microsoft edge, it says that the element is not found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-click-on-certain-things/4dab8437-e9f6-4aa7-bd5f-ceee089426b0
  10. prevent access to certain folder from an account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    prevent access to certain folder from an account: hi my computer has 2 accounts, both administrators. one is mine, the other is my wife's. I have a folder that contains pictures and videos which I don't want my wife to view/access. I DO need the indexing search mechanism to keep indexing it but I don't want the...