Windows 10: How to retain Win 10 Home license after format my Laptop

Discus and support How to retain Win 10 Home license after format my Laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I have windows 10 Home edition and I need to format my Laptop due to unusual slower of OS. Guide to how to retain my currunt Win 10 Lincese and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Karuna.K.V, Oct 15, 2019.

1. How to retain Win 10 Home license after format my Laptop

Hi I have windows 10 Home edition and I need to format my Laptop due to unusual slower of OS. Guide to how to retain my currunt Win 10 Lincese and let me know how to reinstall Win 10.

:)

Karuna.K.V, Oct 15, 2019

2. I want to sell my laptop but retain my windows 10 license

My laptop has Windows 10 Pro retail license. I wish to retain this license for myself and not give it away with the device. I will be doing a full reset and data wipe (of course). But I want to know how I can hold on to my license. What extra steps will I need to take?

Clarification edits:<br>
    1. It did not come with Windows. It came with DOS installed. For this reason, there is no license key baked into the BIOS.<br>
    2. It is not UEFI at its current configuration. It does support UEFI, though, if one is willing to go through the complete format and reinstall process.<br>
    3. I am using a retail Windows 10 Pro license which I bought separately

Anish Majumder, Oct 15, 2019
  3. windows digital license retaining

I formatted my pc ( all available drives in HD ), my acer laptop came with windows 8.1 and I have upgraded my device to windows 10, as I have formatted my drives there is no previous windows inf. available, and I don't have any windows 8 disk available
    to reinstall so some one please tell me if I can retain my digital license with my windows login????

vaibhavsurve, Oct 15, 2019
  4. Fernandz Win User

How to retain Win 10 Home license after format my Laptop

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

How to retain Win 10 Home license after format my Laptop

1. How to retain Win 10 Home license after format my Laptop - Similar Threads - retain Home license

2. Retaining Win 10 Licence across a format.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Retaining Win 10 Licence across a format.: Hi,My daughters laptop disk has crashed and is now seen as a "Raw" disk.I have removed it and connected it my laptop and managed to copy off most data.As I understand it, the only way to fix this issue is with a reformat. However after that, I don't have any installation...
  3. How to Swop Win 10 Pro to my Win 10 Home laptops

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to Swop Win 10 Pro to my Win 10 Home laptops: I have just bought a new Acer Nitro 5 laptop with Windows 10 HOME on it. My OLD HP laptop has Windows 10 PRO.Is there any way to transfer/swop the licences over WITHOUT a full Re Installation so my New laptop has the Windows 10 Pro ? They are BOTH signed into my Microsoft...
  4. How to switch boot disk and retain license

How to switch boot disk and retain license: Hi, What is the easiest way to switch the old and slow 1TB disk to a SSD of similar size? I was considering cloning the drive from old to new but is there another way? System is Windows 10 Home. Cheers...
  5. Retrieve back my license after formatting my laptop

Retrieve back my license after formatting my laptop: Hello MS Community, I am have Windows 10 Education N on my laptop. I am planning to format my laptop, but I do not know how to retrieve back the license while I have lost the product key I used the first time. Please, guide me how to re-activate my Windows 10 after...
  6. How can I Install Win 10 and Microsoft Office back after formating my Laptop

How can I Install Win 10 and Microsoft Office back after formating my Laptop: I need to clear the disk space and looking forward to format the disk. My query is will I be able to retrive my license win 10 and Microsoft office which was pre-installed on my purchase, if yes then what's process....
  7. How do I retain my Windows license?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I retain my Windows license?: I have my Windows installed on a m.2 pci-e ssd. I also have a Sata 3 ssd in my system. If I was going to sell my pc, how can I take the m.2 to my new PC and move the Windows installation to the sata SSD? Also if I want to keep the license for my new build, how can I...
  8. Win 10 Setup in the same laptop after format

Win 10 Setup in the same laptop after format: Hello, below is what I currently see in Activation section under the Windows Settings of my Asus laptop. [img] I will be formatting the laptop and installing Win 10 Pro fresh via the same USB bootable media as I did before. My query is during the Win 10 setup do I enter...
  9. Win 10 Setup in the same laptop after format

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Setup in the same laptop after format: Hello, below is what I currently see in Activation section under the Windows Settings of my Asus laptop. [img] I will be formatting the laptop and installing Win 10 Pro fresh via the same USB bootable media as I did before. My query is during the Win 10 setup do I enter...
  10. Will I retain Window 10 Home license if I upgrade it to pro edition?

Will I retain Window 10 Home license if I upgrade it to pro edition?: I have two licenses one Home edition and one pro edition. If I upgrade home edition to pro edition can I install home edition on another computer?...