Windows 10: how to retrieve a document

Discus and support how to retrieve a document in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how do I retrieve a document https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-retrieve-a-document/6391bf79-52e4-47b5-80ca-529f1cecd9e4" Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BessieFroneberger, Mar 16, 2019.

1. how to retrieve a document

how do I retrieve a document

:)

BessieFroneberger, Mar 16, 2019

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Mar 16, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Unable to retrieve my pictures, music, pdf's, and documents since Windows 10 updated

Hi Cheri,

We see that you are unable to retrieve your pictures, music, PDF's and documents since you updated your Windows 10 PC. To assist you further, kindly answer the questions below:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you updated your computer from Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 to Windows 10?
    • Have you tried using Cortana and search for the files and folders?
    • Have you troubles the troubleshooting steps provided on this
      link
      ?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Mar 16, 2019
  4. fran_6205 Win User

how to retrieve a document

How to retrieve an unsaved document

How do I retrieve an unsaved document?

fran_6205, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

how to retrieve a document

1. how to retrieve a document - Similar Threads - retrieve document

2. The August update wiped out all of my saved documents. How do I retrieve those documents?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The August update wiped out all of my saved documents. How do I retrieve those documents?: When Microsoft updated my computer in August, it erased all of my saved documents. How can I retrieve them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-august-update-wiped-out-all-of-my-saved/7f639b58-5460-4d3c-b1f0-78afb7013ad8
  3. The August update wiped out all of my saved documents. How do I retrieve those documents?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The August update wiped out all of my saved documents. How do I retrieve those documents?: When Microsoft updated my computer in August, it erased all of my saved documents. How can I retrieve them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-august-update-wiped-out-all-of-my-saved/7f639b58-5460-4d3c-b1f0-78afb7013ad8
  4. How to retrieve the loss of Word documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to retrieve the loss of Word documents: How to retrieve the loss of Word documents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-retrieve-the-loss-of-word-documents/0c906a46-7fe2-43b0-918b-1006c7ba218f
  5. How to retrieve the loss of Word documents

How to retrieve the loss of Word documents: How to retrieve the loss of Word documents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-retrieve-the-loss-of-word-documents/0c906a46-7fe2-43b0-918b-1006c7ba218f
  6. Retrieve password protected documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Retrieve password protected documents: I password protected a few documents saved in a drive, and the password has been forgotten. I am in Windows 10, the files were saved and in a much older version. Can I retrieve them?...
  7. Retrieve password protected documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retrieve password protected documents: I password protected a few documents saved in a drive, and the password has been forgotten. I am in Windows 10, the files were saved and in a much older version. Can I retrieve them?...
  8. Retrieve password protected documents

9. HOW DO I RETRIEVE MY DOCUMENTS, MUSIC AND PICTURES AFTER MY HARD DRIVE WENT BAD.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HOW DO I RETRIEVE MY DOCUMENTS, MUSIC AND PICTURES AFTER MY HARD DRIVE WENT BAD.: I had an incident about two weeks ago; my laptop fell down leading to a blue screen error after I turned it off. My mum took it to get repaired and they said it was the hard rive that got corrupted. It's fixed now, but I don't have any of my documents, music or pictures. Can...
  10. retrieve document "printed" to one drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    retrieve document "printed" to one drive: We recently installed several new PCs. For some reason Windows decided to change a default printer to One Drive. A computer generated report, which cannot easily be replicated, was mistakenly "printed" to One Drive. One Drive shows nothing. Are we SOL on finding that report...