Windows 10: how to retrieve a new laptop sign password

Discus and support how to retrieve a new laptop sign password in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just got a new laptop and signed in, and perhaps typed in the desired password wrong while doing first log in ... as owner administrator... how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rica2, Nov 25, 2018.

1. rica2 Win User

how to retrieve a new laptop sign password

I just got a new laptop and signed in,

and perhaps typed in the desired password wrong while doing first log in ...

as owner administrator...

how can I view, or get what i typed in ?

I did set machine with no log in after I saw I couldn't retrive/find it

:)

rica2, Nov 25, 2018

2. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Password to sign in

Hi Rosa,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know whether you are using Microsoft/Local account to sign in to Windows 10.

If you are using Microsoft account to login to Windows 10, there is no option to disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password.

Step 1:

If you are using Local account to login to Windows 10, you can disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password. Follow the below steps if you use Local account.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Change under Change your account password.

• Enter your current password and leave the other two files for new password as empty and close the windows by clicking on
      OK button.

• Sign out and try to sign in again and check.
    Step 2:

You may also create the 4 digit PIN which will reduce your time to enter full password. Follow the below steps.

settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Add under PIN.

• Follow the onscreen instructions to create Pin.

• Sign out and try to sign in again using PIN as your Sign in option.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Nov 25, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Signing into Windows 10 password error...

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

If you are using Microsoft account to login to Windows 10, there is no option to disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password.

Step 1:

If you are using Local account to login to Windows 10, you can disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password. Follow the below steps if you use Local account.

settings menu.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Change under Change your account password.
    • Enter your current password and leave the other two files for new password as empty and close the windows by clicking on
      OK button.
    • Sign out and try to sign in again and check.
    Step 2:

You may also create the 4 digit PIN which will reduce your time to enter full password. Follow the below steps.

settings menu.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Add under
      PIN
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to create Pin.
    • Sign out and try to sign in again using PIN as your Sign in option.

Forgotten password and other sign-in problems please follow the link below .

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist

Arun B J, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

1. how to retrieve a new laptop sign password - Similar Threads - retrieve laptop sign

2. How to retrieve old bitlocker password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to retrieve old bitlocker password: Hello, my laptop broke and I retrieved its hard drive and plugged it into my new laptop via a usb adapter but the drive requires the bitlocker password from my previous laptop to access the drive. When I go to my microsoft account the password is not there. How can I access...
  3. How to retrieve old bitlocker password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to retrieve old bitlocker password: Hello, my laptop broke and I retrieved its hard drive and plugged it into my new laptop via a usb adapter but the drive requires the bitlocker password from my previous laptop to access the drive. When I go to my microsoft account the password is not there. How can I access...
  4. How to retrieve old bitlocker password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Bitlocker password retrieve

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker password retrieve: I encrypted my drive using bitlocker. Now I forgot the password. But I have the recovery key of the bitlocker password. Moreover I'm using Parrot os, so I am to find the password using its recovery key to find my password. Is there any procedure to get the password, please...
  6. Bitlocker password retrieve

Bitlocker password retrieve: I encrypted my drive using bitlocker. Now I forgot the password. But I have the recovery key of the bitlocker password. Moreover I'm using Parrot os, so I am to find the password using its recovery key to find my password. Is there any procedure to get the password, please...
  7. Retrieve Password for Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retrieve Password for Device: How do I retrieve my password on my netbook for Windows 7? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieve-password-for-device/d9deecc9-d044-44a8-915e-13973c335134
  8. Retrieve Password for Device

Retrieve Password for Device: How do I retrieve my password on my netbook for Windows 7? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieve-password-for-device/d9deecc9-d044-44a8-915e-13973c335134
  9. How to disable pin sign-in and replace it with password sign-in in laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to disable pin sign-in and replace it with password sign-in in laptop: Hello, I just finished setting up my laptop and it asked me for a pin to be used for sign-in, and since then, they are requiring me to use the pin instead of my password. Is there a way for me to disable the pin sign-in option and just use the password sign-in option? Thank...
  10. network password retrieval

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network password retrieval: I am already connected to my home network but I am unable to retrieve my current password, is there any way I can see my password whilst being connected to my home network?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to retrieve the @ sign