Windows 10: How to retrieve BitLocker recovery key with a key ID

Discus and support How to retrieve BitLocker recovery key with a key ID in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am not the original owner of my surface book and am trying to retrieve my BitLocker recovery key. The BitLocker recovery key is not on my Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by genevalloyd, Jul 25, 2021.

1. How to retrieve BitLocker recovery key with a key ID

I am not the original owner of my surface book and am trying to retrieve my BitLocker recovery key. The BitLocker recovery key is not on my Microsoft account nor is it on the account of the person I got the laptop from. I have a recovery ID for aka.ms/aadrecoverkey but that site doesn't work either.I have tried the options from this page but still cannot retrieve the recovery key: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/finding-your-bitlocker-recovery-key-in-windows-6b71ad27-0b89-ea08-f143-056f5ab347d6

:)

genevalloyd, Jul 25, 2021

2. bitlocker key id recovery

Hi Jessen P

Thank you very much for your advice.

I did follow your suggestion but I can't get recovery key.

I got the below message.

You don't have any BitLocker recovery keys in your Microsoft account.

Next Step, What should I do?

Nam-PeunGカーンダー, Jul 25, 2021
  3. BitLocker recovery key

My computer is locked by BitLocker and the recovery key is not showing in the Microsoft account (the device is listed). How can I generate/retrieve the key (I don't have it stored anywhere)?

ChiragMittal, Jul 25, 2021
  4. How to retrieve BitLocker recovery key with a key ID

Recover BitLocker key from Key ID

It doesn't work. The specific device I need to recover the key is not on the list, neither an option to retrieve the BitLocker code using its Key ID as the blue screen says.

VictorWirz, Jul 25, 2021
Thema:

How to retrieve BitLocker recovery key with a key ID

1. How to retrieve BitLocker recovery key with a key ID - Similar Threads - retrieve BitLocker recovery

2. How to find bitlocker recovery key with recovery key ID

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to find bitlocker recovery key with recovery key ID: I have an LG gram laptop. For some reason today it opened to the bitlocker screen. I do not have any recollection of setting up bitlocker, nor do I have a key saved in my Microsoft account. The page is displaying a “recovery key ID” that it says can help identify my key, but...
  3. How to find bitlocker recovery key with recovery key ID

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find bitlocker recovery key with recovery key ID: I have an LG gram laptop. For some reason today it opened to the bitlocker screen. I do not have any recollection of setting up bitlocker, nor do I have a key saved in my Microsoft account. The page is displaying a “recovery key ID” that it says can help identify my key, but...
  4. Retrieve bitlocker recovery key with my recovery key id

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retrieve bitlocker recovery key with my recovery key id: A433C8B0-9FF44553984A5B923D4A17F2 this my recovery key ID I use Windows 7 ultimate piracy disk not original one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieve-bitlocker-recovery-key-with-my-recovery/a1121af3-ec32-4a07-ae29-a42bdc9261bf
  5. Retrieve bitlocker recovery key with my recovery key id

Retrieve bitlocker recovery key with my recovery key id: A433C8B0-9FF44553984A5B923D4A17F2 this my recovery key ID I use Windows 7 ultimate piracy disk not original one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieve-bitlocker-recovery-key-with-my-recovery/a1121af3-ec32-4a07-ae29-a42bdc9261bf
  6. BitLocker Recovery Key and Key ID

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Recovery Key and Key ID: I have found my BitLocker Key Number, but what I would like to know is, what is and how do I find the 8 digit Key ID Number. Example:Device Name, Key ID, Recovery Key etc....
  7. BitLocker Recovery Key and Key ID

BitLocker Recovery Key and Key ID: I have found my BitLocker Key Number, but what I would like to know is, what is and how do I find the 8 digit Key ID Number. Example:Device Name, Key ID, Recovery Key etc....
  8. How to find BitLocker key with Recovery Key ID?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find BitLocker key with Recovery Key ID?: Today when I booted my Dell Latitude it displayed the blue "BitLocker recovery" screen. I do not have a copy. In fact I do not recall installing or authorizing installation of BilLocker. I looked at my Microsoft account with a Microsoft support rep on the line but we could...
  9. how do i use recovery key id to retrieve recovery key for bitlocker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i use recovery key id to retrieve recovery key for bitlocker: I have tried command prompt plenty of times and I cannot manage to bypass bitlocker nor will it give me my key to enter. I do not have a recovery key set up for my computer and all I have is a recovery key ID....
  10. Incorrect BitLocker Recovery Key - how to retrieve it?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Incorrect BitLocker Recovery Key - how to retrieve it?: Hi All, OK, so I have a colleague who wanted to borrow a laptop to do some testing which I provided. After 30 odd minutes later he has said that he had to reimage the laptop and the machine was prompted him to enter in a recovery key. I provided him with a BitLocker...