Windows 10: How to retrieve D:/ drive accessible and data back

Discus and support How to retrieve D:/ drive accessible and data back in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, In Windows 10, D:/ hard drive users permission for Read, Write, Read and execute, Modify options has been denied in the security and even as an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by vidhya1924, Feb 11, 2019.

1. How to retrieve D:/ drive accessible and data back

Hi, In Windows 10, D:/ hard drive users permission for Read, Write, Read and execute, Modify options has been denied in the security and even as an administrator I cannot able to get in to this drive. I have data in the drive. How do we revoke all the privileages for all the users now and grant back the access for this drive. Please help me with this issue.

Thank you,

Vidhya.

:)

vidhya1924, Feb 11, 2019

2. Cannot access D drive since upgrading to Windows 10.

Hello Judy,

Thank you for replying quickly with the status of the issue.

Please reply to few more questions:

• Is the D: drive located on the same hard disk or on different hard disk?

• Did you have any important data saved on the
      D:
      drive?

If the D: is saved on another hard disk and you are unable to access it, I suggest you to format the drive completely and check if the issue is resolved.

To format the hard disk, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Disk management option.

• Right click on the D: drive and select
      Format option.

• Wait for the formatting to complete and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 11, 2019
  3. DannibusX Win User
    Accessing a Hard Drive...

...from a dead laptop.

My girlfriend's laptop recently s**t the bed, and she has a lot of photos she would like to retrieve from it. I used a USB to IDE cable to try, but it's a no go. Her drive has Windows XP Home on it, and my system has Win7 x64. The computer recognizes the drive, but it wants me to initialize it, which I think may format it.

I don't know if it's formatted FAT32 or NTFS. Are there any suggestions on accessing the drive to pull all this data off of it?

DannibusX, Feb 11, 2019
  4. How to retrieve D:/ drive accessible and data back

Data D: no access allowed shows size as "0"

Hi Richard,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Have you made any security or access control settings to the computer prior to the issue?

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

• Right click on the D: drive in the file explorer and go to
      Properties.

• Click on the security tab.

• Add the user EVERYONE to the list of Group or User Names by clicking on
      Add button.

• Give EVERYONE full control in the little box below. See if this will get you access to the drive.
    If the issue still persist, follow the below step.

Step 2:

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open run command prompt.

• Type diskmgmt.msc in the run box and hit
      Enter key on the keyboard.

• Select the D: drive and right-click on it.

• Select Change Drive Letter and Paths.

• Click Change.

• Select the drive from the list of drives on the top-right corner and click
      OK
    Note: Make sure that the drive you want to change is not in use.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

How to retrieve D:/ drive accessible and data back

1. How to retrieve D:/ drive accessible and data back - Similar Threads - retrieve drive accessible

2. Data Drive D not accessible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Data Drive D not accessible: This morning I restarted my computer to install the latest batch of windows updates. Some time after the computer restarted a message appeared in the lower-right corner of the screen. It disappeared too quickly for me to read all of it, but I did catch the word SATA and...
  3. Data Drive D not accessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data Drive D not accessible: This morning I restarted my computer to install the latest batch of windows updates. Some time after the computer restarted a message appeared in the lower-right corner of the screen. It disappeared too quickly for me to read all of it, but I did catch the word SATA and...
  4. Data Drive D not accessible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How can I gain access of my Data D: drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I gain access of my Data D: drive?: Good evening,I am trying install games/files on my computer and trying to save them to the D Drive since it's storage space is untouched. Every time i choose that specific drive it gives me an error "D:\ is not accessible. Access is denied". I have already searched on google...
  6. How can I gain access of my Data D: drive?

How can I gain access of my Data D: drive?: Good evening,I am trying install games/files on my computer and trying to save them to the D Drive since it's storage space is untouched. Every time i choose that specific drive it gives me an error "D:\ is not accessible. Access is denied". I have already searched on google...
  7. Slow Data Access on D Drive as Secondary User

Slow Data Access on D Drive as Secondary User: Hello Support Team,I'm experiencing noticeable delays while accessing the D drive partition on my workstation, particularly when performing tasks like opening folders, transferring files to the desktop, and renaming files.Could you please assist me in resolving this...
  8. How to retrieve the data saved in PC drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to retrieve the data saved in PC drive?: I saved my personal data over pc drive using microsoft account now i want to transfer it to my laptop. Any guidence? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-retrieve-the-data-saved-in-pc-drive/476eae6c-9fa9-47d0-958e-7fce18e8e655
  9. Thumb Drive Data Retrieval

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumb Drive Data Retrieval: Does anyone know of a free way to retrieve data from a malfunctioning SD card? Most allow a free scan but not data retrieval. Thanks. 164157
  10. Data D Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Data D Drive: My computer has relatively low storage space. My computer shows me that under "storage on other devices" an internal drive has 920 GB of storage. I am trying to move Steam apps to this drive but I have no way of doing this. I have no way to send the applications to the other...