Windows 10: How to retrieve data and files?

Discus and support How to retrieve data and files? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi How can I retrieve my files after my laptop has been reset brand new? Here is the situation: I have earlier reset Windows 10 and also saved files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Alain Dobrah MICHIGAN, Oct 26, 2020.

1. How to retrieve data and files?

Hi

How can I retrieve my files after my laptop has been reset brand new? Here is the situation: I have earlier reset Windows 10 and also saved files and data. Everything went well and smooth. After downloading uploading and installing some last updated for windows 10 and restarted my laptop, to my surprise, all files and data were lost and nowhere to be found ... The Windows.Old folder seems to be totally empty. Windows File Recovery is not suitable to my device for some unknown reasons. I wasn't able to download it from Microsoft Store ... I am looking for some other solutions to retrieve those lost files that I am sure are still on the hard drive. Any help? ...

:)

Alain Dobrah MICHIGAN, Oct 26, 2020
  2. MoonDust Win User

How does GPU-Z retrieve thermal sensor data ?

Hi,

I'm developping my own CPU/GPU/RAM monitoring app and I was wondering how does the GPU-Z engine to retrieve thermal sensor data ? *Confused How to retrieve data and files? :confused:

I mean, I know NVIDIA provides functions to retrieve temperatures and that old ATI cards had some chips like LM63 to retrieve thermal information.

Unfortunately I'm working on my ATI Radeon 4850 and it seems to have no more LM63 or simillar chip on the card (I listed all the chips *Stick Out Tongue How to retrieve data and files? :p).

So I'm "*Bang Head :banghead:". I searched a lot but I didn't found any information about that.

Where can I find the thermal sensor data on recent ATI Radeon cards : ATI SDK, DIRECTX SDK, BIOS, SMBUS, ACPI, something else ??

Hope someone knows ! *Smile How to retrieve data and files? :)

MoonDust, Oct 26, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 26, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

How to retrieve data and files?

QuickBooks crash while opening data file

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned that after Windows and QuickBooks update whenever you open a data file in QuickBooks, it crashes. We would like to know if any other programs are crashing apart from QuickBooks.

I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Repair QuickBooks

I suggest you to try repairing QuickBooks and then open data file in it. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and click on
      OK
    3. Look for QuickBooks application from the list, right click on it and select
      Repair.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the repair process.

If repairing QuickBooks didn’t fix the issue, please refer Method 2.

Method 2: Open Sample data file

You can try opening a Sample data file in QuickBooks and check if QuickBooks crash. If QuickBooks didn’t crash while opening Sample data file, I suspect that the data file that you are trying to open is causing the crash. In this case, I suggest you
    to contact the
    QuickBooks support
    team.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

How to retrieve data and files?

1. How to retrieve data and files? - Similar Threads - retrieve data files

2. How can I retrieve lost data within a saved file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I retrieve lost data within a saved file?: Microsoft 365: One of my notepad files are missing tons of text. I saved the file earlier today and when I went to open it again it would only show data text from the first day of creation five months ago and the date when it was last modified is also the day it was created....
  3. How can I retrieve lost data within a saved file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I retrieve lost data within a saved file?: Microsoft 365: One of my notepad files are missing tons of text. I saved the file earlier today and when I went to open it again it would only show data text from the first day of creation five months ago and the date when it was last modified is also the day it was created....
  4. data retrieval

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    data retrieval: hi, does anyone of a good software data retriever ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-retrieval/e83120d9-104e-4296-a333-0a1de2d1a57a
  5. data retrieval

in Windows 10 Gaming
    data retrieval: hi, does anyone of a good software data retriever ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-retrieval/e83120d9-104e-4296-a333-0a1de2d1a57a
  6. data retrieval

7. data retrieval

in Windows 10 Gaming
    data retrieval: does anyone know how to recover lost data manually with no software ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-retrieval/ff84667b-bccd-4f26-bba6-d2e4fc23ca0f
  8. data retrieval

data retrieval: does anyone know how to recover lost data manually with no software ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-retrieval/ff84667b-bccd-4f26-bba6-d2e4fc23ca0f
  9. data retrieval

10. How to retrieve the data saved in PC drive?

How to retrieve the data saved in PC drive?: I saved my personal data over pc drive using microsoft account now i want to transfer it to my laptop. Any guidence? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-retrieve-the-data-saved-in-pc-drive/476eae6c-9fa9-47d0-958e-7fce18e8e655