Windows 10: How to retrieve files from a temporary account?

Discus and support How to retrieve files from a temporary account? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was logged into a temp account earlier this week and saved all my files on there. How do I retrieve them? I checked in Temp folders and there were no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tdidster, Apr 17, 2020.

1. How to retrieve files from a temporary account?

I was logged into a temp account earlier this week and saved all my files on there. How do I retrieve them? I checked in Temp folders and there were no files whatsoever

submitted by /u/tdidster
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tdidster, Apr 17, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 17, 2020
  3. How To Delete Temporary Internet Files And Temporary Files In Windows 10

Hi,

As you are saying that you are not able to delete the temporary internet files and temporary Files in Windows 10.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

1.Have you installed any third party applications to clean up temporary Files?

2.In the Disk Cleanup had you checked the Temporary Internet files and Temporary files before doing disk cleanup?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and try deleting the temporary internet files.

• Open Internet Explorer by typing Internet Explorer in Search Bar. Click the
      Tools
      button, and then click Internet Options.
    • Click the General tab, and then, under Browsing history, click
      Delete.
    • In the Delete Browsing History dialog box, select the check boxes for the information you want to delete, click
      Delete, and then click OK.
    I also suggest you refer the Microsoft article on View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge
    and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/view-delete-browsing-history-microsoft-edge

Let us know if the issue with the deletion of temporary files is resolved we will be glad to assist you further.

Anup Karkal, Apr 17, 2020
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

How to retrieve files from a temporary account?

Weird account name and lost Administrator rights.

Well, I know what I would do.

Under Settings, Accounts, Family & other users, then under Other users, add someone else to this PC. Then click the link for "the person I want to add doesn't have an email address". Then click the link for "Add a user without a Microsoft account". Then enter a temporary user name like TempAdmin. When the account appears in the Other Users list, click on it. Click change account type. Make the temporary account an Administrator.

Log in as the temporary administrator account, and copy all the files you want to keep from both the Andrius folders under Users to the temporary account's folder. Then delete whatever Andrius users are listed under settings, accounts. Go back to the Users folders and delete any remaining Andrius folders in there. Reboot the computer, log in as the temporary administrator and recreate an Andrius account using the exact same steps you made the temporary account - you can convert it to a Microsoft account if you want later.

Then do the rest of the steps to copy all your files back and delete the temporary administrator account.

NavyLCDR, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

How to retrieve files from a temporary account?

1. How to retrieve files from a temporary account? - Similar Threads - retrieve files temporary

2. How to get back/retrieve files from a no account/guest account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get back/retrieve files from a no account/guest account: Ok so a few days ago my windows account logged it self out and I had to use the pc without an account/with a guest account and I dragged some of my files on the guest account? after that I closed my computer and went to sleep when I wake up My account was back but my files...
  3. How to get back/retrieve files from a no account/guest account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get back/retrieve files from a no account/guest account: Ok so a few days ago my windows account logged it self out and I had to use the pc without an account/with a guest account and I dragged some of my files on the guest account? after that I closed my computer and went to sleep when I wake up My account was back but my files...
  4. How to get back/retrieve files from a no account/guest account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to retrieve files from video editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to retrieve files from video editor: I was recommended to reset my laptopI selected keep my files. A lot of my video projects were saved on the video editor. However, it's now gone. Hoe to retrieve the same?...
  6. How to retrieve files from video editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to retrieve files from video editor: I was recommended to reset my laptopI selected keep my files. A lot of my video projects were saved on the video editor. However, it's now gone. Hoe to retrieve the same?...
  7. how to retrieve applications from File History

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to retrieve applications from File History: Hi How can I retrieve applications saved in the File History so that I can restore them onto my laptop. There is no longer any previous restore point I can depend on. Best YY...
  8. file retrieval from File History

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    file retrieval from File History: After re-building my PC after it crashed I find I cannot retrieve any files backed up onto an external drive using filestore. As I turned on Filestore as part of the recovery operation, the filestore display only allows me to see data backed up since then! What I need to...
  9. file retrieval from filestore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    file retrieval from filestore: After re-building my PC after it crashed I find I cannot retrieve any files backed up onto an external drive using filestore. As I turned on Filestore as part of the recovery operation, the filestore display only allows me to see data backed up since then! What I need to...
  10. How do I recover files from a deleted temporary account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I recover files from a deleted temporary account?: Originally, my computer logged into a temporary account on Windows 10 because the main account was having a few issues. I copied some files from the Desktop over to the temporary profile, but when I restarted the computer, the temporary account was gone and I was logged back...