Windows 10: How to retrieve UWP game saves

Discus and support How to retrieve UWP game saves in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm pretty pissed right now since I screwed up my Windows install (my fault) and now on top of that I can't access any of my minecraft saves because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/A_Living_Speed_Bump, Apr 4, 2020.

1. How to retrieve UWP game saves

I'm pretty pissed right now since I screwed up my Windows install (my fault) and now on top of that I can't access any of my minecraft saves because they have a lock on them. Minecraft was originally installed on a separate drive, but while I can see the saves, they all have a padlock on them. I'm pretty sure at this point that those world saves a permanently locked, but I figured maybe someone here could figure it out. Its pretty annoying being able to see them but having no way of accessing them anymore.

https://imgur.com/a/4QIZ7Qz

submitted by /u/A_Living_Speed_Bump
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/A_Living_Speed_Bump, Apr 4, 2020

2. Objects in UWP Games Appear Pink

For some reason, my UWP games show objects and backgrounds as pink in colour which really round the experience of the games. This issue is on many of the games I've tried. Please give suggestions to fix it.

EurypteridX, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Objects in UWP Games Appear Pink

Hi,

To further assist you, kindly clarify the following:

• Are you experiencing the same issue with other applications?
    • Have you tried updating your video card drivers to the latest version?
    • When was the last time that you were able to play UWP games with no issues?
    We are looking forward to your reply.

Gemzon Mar, Apr 4, 2020
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

How to retrieve UWP game saves

How can i save my game forza horizon 4 on pc

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the game doesn’t save the progress made on your account, I suggest to follow the steps given below.

• Please navigate to:
      C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\Packages.
    • Under Packages folder, locate the file
      Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame
      and move it to some other location.
    • Relaunch your game and see if you can save the game progress.

If you still face the same issue, I suggest to post your query on
      Forza Forums.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

How to retrieve UWP game saves

1. How to retrieve UWP game saves - Similar Threads - retrieve UWP game

2. How to stop games saving to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop games saving to OneDrive?: All my games are saving to my OneDrive documents folder. How do I stop this? I want my actual documents such as PDF and Word to be synced with OneDrive, but not my games, which should only be saved locally and don't belong in the documents folder at any rate....
  3. How can I retrieve lost data within a saved file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I retrieve lost data within a saved file?: Microsoft 365: One of my notepad files are missing tons of text. I saved the file earlier today and when I went to open it again it would only show data text from the first day of creation five months ago and the date when it was last modified is also the day it was created....
  4. How can I retrieve lost data within a saved file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I retrieve lost data within a saved file?: Microsoft 365: One of my notepad files are missing tons of text. I saved the file earlier today and when I went to open it again it would only show data text from the first day of creation five months ago and the date when it was last modified is also the day it was created....
  5. UWP app game not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UWP app game not opening: A UWP app specifically Among Us won't open. I've tried terminating it, repairing it, resetting it, and uninstalling and reinstalling, but nothing worked. It was working, but then it just crashed when I was using it, and when I tried to re-open it, it wouldn't open. The...
  6. How to retrieve the data saved in PC drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to retrieve the data saved in PC drive?: I saved my personal data over pc drive using microsoft account now i want to transfer it to my laptop. Any guidence? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-retrieve-the-data-saved-in-pc-drive/476eae6c-9fa9-47d0-958e-7fce18e8e655
  7. how to retrieve a saved over document in Word pad

how to retrieve a saved over document in Word pad: how to retrieve a saved over document that was in word pad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-retrieve-a-saved-over-document-in-word-pad/39b4cf16-9300-40a5-8f76-dea08e7b58b7
  8. Can I retrieve the file saved in these situations?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I retrieve the file saved in these situations?: Q1 If I insert my thumb drive and I download a file directly to my thumb drive save into my thumb drive (save as and selected removable thumb drive) and remove my thumb drive, is the file completely remove from my pc? Can I still retrieve the file? Q2 If I download a file...
  9. how to retrieve a document

how to retrieve a document: how do I retrieve a document https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-retrieve-a-document/6391bf79-52e4-47b5-80ca-529f1cecd9e4"
  10. Retrieving automatically saved forum text

in Windows 10 Support
    Retrieving automatically saved forum text: I see that my posts are saved progressively as I work on a message, but I cannot see how to retrieve the saved text. There does not seem to be a button for it. Can someone explain, please? 32943