Windows 10: how to retrieve Win 10 product serial no. from free upgrade

Discus and support how to retrieve Win 10 product serial no. from free upgrade in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Have a home HP PC that came with Windows 7 which I got free upgrade to Windows 10. My hard disk crashed 9 months ago and tech person replaced hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Daai LL, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Daai LL Win User

how to retrieve Win 10 product serial no. from free upgrade

Have a home HP PC that came with Windows 7 which I got free upgrade to Windows 10.

My hard disk crashed 9 months ago and tech person replaced hard disk & Win 10 charged a fee of course

PC now say my browser is "managed by your organization" and I can't find any stickers with s/n for Win7 on machine.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

:)

Daai LL, Jun 1, 2020
  2. AnoopV A Win User

Need to retrieve serial number from product key.

Hi

Purchased windows 7 some times back and later I upgraded it to Windows 10. Now some how the PC got corrupted and I want to re-install the windows.

I lost the serial number and unfortunately instead of serial number, I kept note of product ID which is not accepting as the serial number on new install.

Need some help - on whether we can retrieve serial number from product key?

Thanks

Anoop

AnoopV A, Jun 1, 2020
  3. Fresh Install of Win 10 without Serial Key?

Looking to reformat a laptops HDD, and then reinstall Win 10 fresh. The problem is it came pre-installed with Win 8 and I did the free upgrade to Win 10. How exactly would I re-format the HDD, reinstall Win 10 and ensure it reactivates properly? I don't see a Win 8 serial key anywhere in the contents of the box.

Flogger23m, Jun 1, 2020
  4. how to retrieve Win 10 product serial no. from free upgrade

Windows 10 serial on OEM

So I'll summarize steps made...

1. Saved serial number (taken with Belarc Advisory) from preinstalled (half chinese language) Windows 8.1 (don't know exactly the version, suspect Windows 8.1 with bing) on tablet
    2. Formatted tablet
    3. Tried to make a clean Windows 10 (HOME, HOME N and also PRO, everytime with the same result) install with ISO taken with MediaCreationTool, during install (and also after completing installation) it says that the saved serial is not valid
    4. Tried to reinstall Windows 8.1 (ISO taken with MediaCreationTool again) HOME, it says that the serial is not valid

So i suspect that the saved serial, is from a WINDOWS 8.1 WITH BING OEM version and this kind of ISO is not accessible/downloadable anywhere (at least I can't find it, any suggestion?)

Still not tried SHOWKEY with that serial, I am in office now, and the serial is saved on a usb pen at home, will try this evening.

So I'm stucked but if everything is like I suspect, it's incredible. If I have a tablet/notebook/netbook with Windows 8 preinstalled, it seems that I can update to Windows 10 without problems, but if I want to make a clean Windows 10 install that serial is not valid...

CapitanCatarro, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

how to retrieve Win 10 product serial no. from free upgrade

1. how to retrieve Win 10 product serial no. from free upgrade - Similar Threads - retrieve product serial

2. how can i upgrade from win 8.1 to win 10 for free

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i upgrade from win 8.1 to win 10 for free: i need windows 8.1 to windows 10 upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-upgrade-from-win-81-to-win-10-for-free/1614c126-d349-403f-b87e-437000ef50fd
  3. how can i upgrade from win 8.1 to win 10 for free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i upgrade from win 8.1 to win 10 for free: i need windows 8.1 to windows 10 upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-upgrade-from-win-81-to-win-10-for-free/1614c126-d349-403f-b87e-437000ef50fd
  4. free upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    free upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10: I bought a desktop having Win 8.1 years ago and it still run smoothly.I had free upgraded to Win 10 through Windows security updates when Microsoft announced on its web, but seems not good to use and recovered to Win 8.1 after using Win 10 for a while.Is there any free...
  5. free upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    free upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10: I bought a desktop having Win 8.1 years ago and it still run smoothly.I had free upgraded to Win 10 through Windows security updates when Microsoft announced on its web, but seems not good to use and recovered to Win 8.1 after using Win 10 for a while.Is there any free...
  6. Upgrade from Windows 7 to 10: Product key retrieval

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrade from Windows 7 to 10: Product key retrieval: I am trying to upgrade my Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10. This is an old laptop which I'm trying to salvage. Unfortunately the sticker containing the key is gone. Is there anyway to retrieve the product key in a safe manner ? I want to avoid suspicious Third party...
  7. How to retrieve product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to retrieve product key: I;ve been running windows on an external hard drive through bootcamp for about a year now, but recently it hasn't let me install the new windows 10 1909 update. I'm trying to find my product key and then reinstall the windows os through bootcamp again. Is there any way to...
  8. Win 10 Free Upgrade

Win 10 Free Upgrade: I still have Win 8.1 Pro in one of my pc's. Is it too late to upgrade to Win 10 Pro for free. If so what would be the process.Win https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-free-upgrade/6c5b0473-a789-4832-918f-0579fdb5c9d2
  9. Free Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 - still waiting

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Free Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 - still waiting: My wife finally cracked and asked me to get her Laptop upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 for free - it was July 27. Clicked on the white windows upgrade icon in the system tray and was advised that the upgrade had been reserved/confirmed. I'm not usually impatient and I guess...
  10. Still no end to free upgrade to win 10 from Win 7!

Still no end to free upgrade to win 10 from Win 7!: Just bought a pre-loved laptop for Mrs (Sheelba, as I like to think of her) for our 34th Wedding anniversary. She already has a pre-hated android tablet which she won't use 'cos it hates her back too! I saw the Dell Latitude E6400 on Tuesday, and bought it the next day,...