Windows 10: How to retrieve Windows 10 Pro key from stolen device to use on new device

Discus and support How to retrieve Windows 10 Pro key from stolen device to use on new device in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Yesterday our office was broke into and my laptop was stolen. Normally, you can go into your Windows account, go to the devices list, remove said... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RobWilson509, Jan 27, 2020.

1. How to retrieve Windows 10 Pro key from stolen device to use on new device

Yesterday our office was broke into and my laptop was stolen.

Normally, you can go into your Windows account, go to the devices list, remove said device, and then attach the key to the new computer. I removed the device however the link that you would normally click goes to a "web page could not be found"

page. I have my order number and email from Microsoft from the original purchase but it does not list anything either.

Could someone please help me recover my key so I can get back to work?

:)

RobWilson509, Jan 27, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Lenovo Ready to Launch Windows 10 Devices

Lenovo today announced it will begin shipping a wide selection of products loaded with Windows 10 starting July 29. Lenovo has an extensive list of products eligible for this upgrade including popular models like the YOGA 3 Pro and YOGA 500. Lenovo customers can check here for their product's eligibility.

Lenovo has worked with Microsoft Corp. to make the process of upgrading simple, for people with qualified Lenovo PC running Windows 7 SP1 or 8.1 to upgrade to Windows 10. Starting on July 29, the updates will roll out. If a user has reserved a copy of Windows 10, he/she will be notified once the compatibility process confirms that the user will have a great experience, and Windows 10 has been downloaded on their system.

How to retrieve Windows 10 Pro key from stolen device to use on new device 91a_thm.jpg

Lenovo Apps Enhance Windows 10 Experience
    To give users consistent experiences across devices and operating systems, the preloads include a suite of Lenovo-written applications. The new Lenovo Companion 3.0 optimization tool keeps devices running at peak performance and can be used at any time to run a full-scale checkup and report back with specific actions to free up space and speed up the device. As a "smart" device control hub, the new Lenovo Settings lets users easily adapt and modify the way their device behaves. For example, when in tablet mode, the product will customize its display and other settings based on its orientation versus in traditional laptop mode. Alternatively, the device's usage will also alter its settings, for example when watching a movie versus reading an e-book. With SHAREit, customers can quickly transfer files between devices. For tablet users WRITEit takes the pen to a new level of functionality allowing users to write in any input field with their pen and the handwriting is converted to text.

As announced at Tech World in May, Lenovo and Microsoft have worked to integrate Cortana and REACHit, Lenovo's groundbreaking app that allows users who opt-in to search for and manage their content across multiple devices and cloud storage platforms. With REACHit, Cortana becomes even smarter and more personal, enabling users to find their content such as emails, photos and videos in ways they never thought possible. Cortana and REACHit gives users a seamless, intuitive way to search through natural language and contextual understanding.

"With Windows 10, computing gets more personal, productive and connected," said Tom Shell, senior vice president, PC Business Group, Lenovo. "Across our entire PC product line, from the office to the home, we've optimized our Lenovo devices to give customers a great computing experience while giving them enhanced search tools like Cortana with REACHit."

btarunr, Jan 27, 2020
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows 10 devices now requires hardware encryption/TPM

Stolen from Sweclockers, but it's in swedish.

So from now on devices (OEM built) needs a TPM module. Relevant bit:

Pretty interesting, but there's tons of questions I guess. I don't actually now anything about how TPM works, just that it's hardware, meaning the key is stored in a physical chip and that the decryption has to run through this chip. But I have no idea how let's say biometrics is tied to this. Or what the implications will be, or what exactly is encrypted. The entire storage or just the log in details as such?

Frick, Jan 27, 2020
  4. How to retrieve Windows 10 Pro key from stolen device to use on new device

Dell Starts Shipping Windows 10 Devices

Nice! We will start seeing devices being sold with Windows 10 in 2016, or December this year around here if we are lucky...

LOL!

Blue-Knight, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

How to retrieve Windows 10 Pro key from stolen device to use on new device

1. How to retrieve Windows 10 Pro key from stolen device to use on new device - Similar Threads - retrieve Pro key

2. Window 10 Pro on a new device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 Pro on a new device: Hi, On my notebook, I bought window 10 single language from microsoft store don't have product key but digital license and upgrade to Window 10 Pro and it's been activated and linked to my microsoft account..Then recently I bought a computer desktop and install window but it...
  3. Window 10 Pro on a new device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 10 Pro on a new device: Hi, On my notebook, I bought window 10 single language from microsoft store don't have product key but digital license and upgrade to Window 10 Pro and it's been activated and linked to my microsoft account..Then recently I bought a computer desktop and install window but it...
  4. Window 10 Pro on a new device

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Do I need to remove a Windows Pro key from a device in order to use that key on a new device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need to remove a Windows Pro key from a device in order to use that key on a new device?: I purchased a Windows 10/11 Pro upgrade for a laptop and am now replacing that laptop. I am having issues "downgrading" from Pro to Home on my old laptop so I'm wondering if that's a requirement in order to "transfer" the license to my new laptop or if I can just manage that...
  6. Do I need to remove a Windows Pro key from a device in order to use that key on a new device?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do I need to remove a Windows Pro key from a device in order to use that key on a new device?: I purchased a Windows 10/11 Pro upgrade for a laptop and am now replacing that laptop. I am having issues "downgrading" from Pro to Home on my old laptop so I'm wondering if that's a requirement in order to "transfer" the license to my new laptop or if I can just manage that...
  7. How to retrieve a Windows 10 Pro product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to retrieve a Windows 10 Pro product key: Hello everyone,I have a laptop that came with Windows 10 Home Edition then I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro license.Recently, It had issues when loading Windows, and had to reinstall. It came up with Windows 10 Home.I cannot find my product key and I wonder if there is anyway I...
  8. stolen device, laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    stolen device, laptop: Hi, good morning my laptop was stolen last Monday, and I want to know if through Microsoft's find my device I can locate it, even if they have formatted and installed a new windows with another name and a different user account....
  9. Stolen device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stolen device: Hello how are you my laptop was actually stolen windows 10 microsoft it was a hp laptop is there any way u guyz can track it I also have the serial number.it was stolen from south africa durban...
  10. Stolen device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stolen device: Hi my laptop got stolen and the device location is disabled ia there a way to tuen it on remotly ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stolen-device/d1d0a87a-66c2-4695-b42d-7f570c70157b