Windows 10: How to retrieve windows 10 product key after windows partition was wiped?

Discus and support How to retrieve windows 10 product key after windows partition was wiped? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I had a windows 10 partition on my macbook pro but that partition was removed. I want to use that windows key on a new machine. On my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Fran8619, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Fran8619 Win User

How to retrieve windows 10 product key after windows partition was wiped?

Hello,

I had a windows 10 partition on my macbook pro but that partition was removed. I want to use that windows key on a new machine.

On my Microsoft account it still recognizes it as an activated computer. How can I get this license key from Microsoft?

Thanks!

:)

Fran8619, Nov 9, 2018
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Nov 9, 2018
  3. jmcslob Win User
    windows 10 key

Google and download the "Windows 10 media creation tool"

Create a USB flash drive ISO and that's all you need...it will work without needing a key..
    Just skip past entering a key during full install and delete all partitions, format, create new drive and install...

As long as you have upgraded from Windows 8 first...you need to do that prior to using your Windows 8 key for 10.

jmcslob, Nov 9, 2018
  4. How to retrieve windows 10 product key after windows partition was wiped?

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

How to retrieve windows 10 product key after windows partition was wiped?

1. How to retrieve windows 10 product key after windows partition was wiped? - Similar Threads - retrieve product key

2. Windows Product Key retrieval

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Product Key retrieval: My old computer had an electrical fault and as some components burnt out, I can't restart it. How do I retrieve the Windows product key that was used on the old machine so I can enter it on the new one?Thanks...
  3. Windows Product Key retrieval.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Product Key retrieval.: So i wanted to transfer my Product Key to another PC, I followed the steps from a site i opened CMD and typed in slmgr /upk and then slmgr /cpky. It said nowhere that i have to at least copy the key... So now im left with no key to transfer to my new PC. Ive tried recovering...
  4. How to retrieve a Windows 10 Pro product key

How to retrieve a Windows 10 Pro product key: Hello everyone,I have a laptop that came with Windows 10 Home Edition then I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro license.Recently, It had issues when loading Windows, and had to reinstall. It came up with Windows 10 Home.I cannot find my product key and I wonder if there is anyway I...
  5. How to retrieve windows product key

How to retrieve windows product key: Hi,I have reinstalled Windows 10 due to hardware issue and want to register the OS. The USB drive given is not being recognized. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-retrieve-windows-product-key/8568e68a-5348-42c8-8318-244a63692950
  6. How to retrieve product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to retrieve product key: I;ve been running windows on an external hard drive through bootcamp for about a year now, but recently it hasn't let me install the new windows 10 1909 update. I'm trying to find my product key and then reinstall the windows os through bootcamp again. Is there any way to...
  7. Retrieve windows 10 product key after key deactivation

Retrieve windows 10 product key after key deactivation: I built a new pc, so instead of buying a new license I decided to transfer the license from my old pc to the new one. I went into This PC->Properties and wrote down the code at the bottom of the page, then i looked up online how to deactivate the code and i found that you go...
  8. How to retrieve Product KEY for Windows 10

How to retrieve Product KEY for Windows 10: How can i see my current product key the my Windows 10 ***Modified title from: Product KEY*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-retrieve-product-key-for-windows-10/8eadd50e-f97e-45da-8fdb-762bbe1276f4"
  9. How to retrieve windows 10 product key?

How to retrieve windows 10 product key?: I accidentally removed Windows 10 partition on my Macbook and lost the product key. Can I retrieve that product key and use it on the other PC? I found out that my Microsoft account recognizes it as an activated computer....
  10. Product key after wiping

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Product key after wiping: Can i still use my product key that microsoft gave to activate window 10 ,after i wipe my hard-drive?...I was thinking about selling my computer......I have already activate window 10 ,but i know after wiping the hard-drive,i would have to reinstall window 10 20123

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to retrieve product key off of wiped drive