Windows 10: How to return pixia as default jpg file viewer/opener

Discus and support How to return pixia as default jpg file viewer/opener in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I activated win10 MSpaint and it "captured" all my files as the primary file opener. When I go to default files to change win 10 settings is does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CHAPLIN DENNIS, Jul 11, 2017.

1. How to return pixia as default jpg file viewer/opener

I activated win10 MSpaint and it "captured" all my files as the primary file opener. When I go to default files to change win 10 settings is does not show pixia as a choice. It used to because that's how I set it up two years ago.
    thanks for all help that comes in very elementary fixes.

I can still open jpg files one at a time with Pixia but I want the mass of file to be associated with pixia not mspaint.

:)

CHAPLIN DENNIS, Jul 11, 2017

2. Photo App keeps claiming *.jpg files as default viewer although I change it! Windows 10 Pro build 10586

I set Windows Photo Viewer for jpg files and it works... But after a while the photo app claims jpg files as default viewer without even opening the Photo App!

How do I stop this?????

UPDATE

---------

This is not a Microsoft problem. It was a third-party ZIP program causing the problem. Solved!

Christina Nancy Komninou, Jul 11, 2017
  3. John582n Win User
    opening photo's .jpg files

Try changing the default photo viewer

Click on Start > Settings

Click Default Apps, look for Photos and click on the app underneath that and choose a different viewer (eg Windows [7] Photo Viewer) which should appear in the drop-down box.

If that doesn't work, in File Explorer, right click on a jpg file > Open with > Choose another app

Select a viewer, tick Always use this app to open JPG files > OK

John582n, Jul 11, 2017
  4. bobkn Win User

How to return pixia as default jpg file viewer/opener

Right click on a JPEG. Click "Open With". Select "Choose Another App". There's a checkbox to always use the selected app to open JPEGs. If Pixia isn't shown, there's an option to browse to its executable. (Scroll down.)

There may be a more elegant approach, but I believe that will work.

bobkn, Jul 11, 2017
Thema:

How to return pixia as default jpg file viewer/opener

1. How to return pixia as default jpg file viewer/opener - Similar Threads - return pixia default

2. How to set default app for file type jpg

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set default app for file type jpg: I would like to change the default app for the file type jpg. I've gone through all the steps for setting a default app but the jpg file extension does not appear in the list and therefore I cannot choose a default. When I Open a jpg file it opens in the Photo app. If I look...
  3. How to set default app for file type jpg

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set default app for file type jpg: I would like to change the default app for the file type jpg. I've gone through all the steps for setting a default app but the jpg file extension does not appear in the list and therefore I cannot choose a default. When I Open a jpg file it opens in the Photo app. If I look...
  4. jpg file not open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    jpg file not open: when I open the JPG file that it show the error "It appear that we don't support this file format" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpg-file-not-open/95f60993-27de-4d6b-921a-cc7e048a516c
  5. not open jpg file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    not open jpg file: package failed updates dependency or conflict validation messege show when jpg file open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-open-jpg-file/bae427ee-1750-4225-91c1-ce391fc9983f
  6. Win 10 Open jpg files with photoshop as default

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Open jpg files with photoshop as default: How to set jpg as default to photoshop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-open-jpg-files-with-photoshop-as-default/05dc0c60-6c36-47bf-9838-e153add5550e
  7. JPG files won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    JPG files won't open: I updated my computer based on your recent push on July 11, 2018. Since I did the update, I cannot open my jpg files. I keep receiving "File Error (-2147219196). I've attempted to restore it to the last restore point on July 9, 2018. However this does not fix the problem....
  8. Opening JPG files?

in Browsers and Email
    Opening JPG files?: He guys! Just wondering if you can program windows to open up JPG image files via the Edge Browser? 14761
  9. default jpg viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    default jpg viewer: How do I make Win10 use the standard jpg viewer that was used in Win7? I think it was actually a DLL. 105204
  10. Jpg photo unable to open in windows photo viewer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Jpg photo unable to open in windows photo viewer.: Hai, Jpg photo unable to open in windows photo viewer. i reset default apps. i choose default apps by file type. [img] [img] [img] [img] Regards. bala. 12326