Windows 10: How to return to OEM license?

Discus and support How to return to OEM license? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I bought a windows 10 pro license key from ebay, my computer already had windows 10 home installed from when i purchased my computer so it had a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Mystik101, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Mystik101 Win User

How to return to OEM license?

Hi,

I bought a windows 10 pro license key from ebay, my computer already had windows 10 home installed from when i purchased my computer so it had a oem license. I entered the product key for Windows 10 pro which has now locked my computer into S mode unless I purchase windows 10 pro from the Microsoft store. Is there anyway to return to my OEM Windows 10 home license?

I already have tried re installing windows but I got an error...
    If I reset my pc would that return to my old OEM license?
    If I do reset do I do local install or cloud install?

:)

Mystik101, Jun 25, 2020

2. Windows 10 OEM Licensing

Hi

I have a few questions about windows 10 OEM licensing:

1. Is OEM licensing acceptable for business use?
    2. What restrictions does OEM licensing have other than the transfer rights?
    3. Can the OS be reloaded without breaching the license agreement, and if so, can I also replace the HDD with an SSD?
    4. What other hardware upgrades can be done under OEM licensing?
    5. What would be a breach of OEM licensing?
    6. What benefits would a business get if they move to Microsoft 365 vs OEM?
    Thanks in advace

Adriaan Rautenbach, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Oem and retail license

Hi,

You may look at envelope and its content. Boxes have USB inside. OEM - DVD.

If you are suggested to buy OEM with electronic delivery, this highly likely is spoofing.

There are to classes OEM - DOEM (Direct OEM) and ordinary OEM.

The first is a large bunch of licenses Microsoft sells to large computer producers - HP, ASUS and so on. Such licenses will no distributed separately, only with computers.

An ordinary OEM is a cardboard package with installer's license sticked on it. Can you imagine a way to download it? I can't.

Igor Leyko, Jun 25, 2020
  4. How to return to OEM license?

OEM Licensing

Hi there,

We are system builders, deploying lots of devices that are running Windows 10.

Currently, we must obtain OEM licensing from a reseller, and require being sent a USB for each licence we require.

We would like access to the facility to:

• Purchase Windows licenses for resale in bulk at a discount
    • Deploy with OEM tools
    • Access the licences easily, without having to purchase through another reseller or require USB drives being sent out to us

I have spent a very long time searching through the Microsoft Partners website, as well as reading through forum posts.

I've come across 1 useful post reply from a Microsoft rep that links to all the requirements and certifications of becoming a licence reseller, however the post reply was from 2007, and all the links are broken.

Can anyone please advise:

• Certification requirements of becoming authorised to resell Microsoft licenses
    • What method of managing license keys/purchasing is available to these resellers.
    Thanks.

AVProjects, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

How to return to OEM license?

1. How to return to OEM license? - Similar Threads - return OEM license

2. Licensing OEM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Licensing OEM: Hey guys. I have a question and needed your support. I bought 40 computers with Windows 10 OEM from my company and I need to update Windows 10 to Windows 11, is it legal to update the operating system version so that there are no legal problems with MSFT? Thank you for your...
  3. Licensing OEM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Licensing OEM: Hey guys. I have a question and needed your support. I bought 40 computers with Windows 10 OEM from my company and I need to update Windows 10 to Windows 11, is it legal to update the operating system version so that there are no legal problems with MSFT? Thank you for your...
  4. Licensing OEM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. OEM License

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    OEM License: I bought an OEM win 10 for my new self built pc, I wish to know in order to keep my OEM win 10 valid which parts cannot change ? Can i change cpu, rams, graphics card and sound card ? If i am not wrong only the motherboard cannot change ? 169777
  6. OEM License

in Windows 10 Support
    OEM License: I bought an OEM win 10 for my new self built pc, I wish to know in order to keep my OEM win 10 valid which parts cannot change ? Can i change cpu, rams, graphics card and sound card ? If i am not wrong only the motherboard cannot change ? 169777
  7. OEM License

OEM License: Hi, I bought a windows 7 Home Edition retail version long time ago. I got upgraded for free to windows 10 when it came out. Now, I bought a new computer and I was able to transfer my license from my old computer to the new one. I found an OEM pro version for sale on...
  8. OEM license

OEM license: I have bought an OEM version of windows 10 which I bought at one of the authotized microsoft seller. The question is, is an OEM license legal to buy and install on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-license/6735fdd5-b0ca-4e93-944f-f5a1f3c9caed
  9. How to return to OEM license? SOLVED

How to return to OEM license? SOLVED: Hi, I bought a windows 10 pro license key from ebay, my computer already had windows 10 home installed from when i purchased my computer so it had a oem license. I entered the product key for Windows 10 pro which has now locked my computer into S mode unless I purchase...
  10. How to legally use an OEM license.

How to legally use an OEM license.: Since MS has continued to use their asinine licensing for OEM copies, I am trying to find a way to use this license for the PCs I build for myself. I am fully aware that the OEM license is tied to the motherboard and have no problem with that. Here is the language from the...