Windows 10: How to reverse update for app on Windows Store?

Discus and support How to reverse update for app on Windows Store? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I didn't like the new update for Instagram on my laptop and Im not able to send any photos with it. Is there any way of reverting to the old version of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SanjSV, Mar 1, 2020.

1. SanjSV Win User

How to reverse update for app on Windows Store?

I didn't like the new update for Instagram on my laptop and Im not able to send any photos with it. Is there any way of reverting to the old version of the Instagram app?

:)

SanjSV, Mar 1, 2020
  2. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular Windows Phone-Apps – Microsoft Store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Mar 1, 2020
  3. Maria Fab Win User
    Windows Store not updating existing apps

We may need to resolve the Windows Update error first, so that you can update the apps on the
    Windows Store. Let's refer to this article. Here are the suggested steps to follow:

• Choose the version of your Windows (Windows 10).
    • Select No under Step 2 (Run the Windows Update troubleshooter).
    • Download the most recent KB. If you have done this step, click
      No to proceed to Step 4.
    • Run the DISM command. Follow the steps that will be provided.

Maria Fab, Mar 1, 2020
  4. Gino Des Win User

Windows Store not updating existing apps but successfully downloads new apps

Hi,

In order to diagnose the issue, we suggest that you try the following methods:

Method 1: Kindly run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.
    To run it, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Troubleshooting, and click on
      Troubleshooting
      from the results.
    • On the left pane, click View all.
    • Click Windows Store Apps.

Method 2: We suggest that you manually reset the Windows Store app cache
    and then try to update apps again. To manually reset, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type CMD, and right-click CMD
      from the results.
    • Click Run as administrator.
    • Type wsreset, and press Enter.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

1. How to reverse update for app on Windows Store? - Similar Threads - reverse update app

2. How do I reverse app updates to a previous version on the mircosoft appstore?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do I reverse app updates to a previous version on the mircosoft appstore?: I updated my game on the mircosoft store and it just kept crashing on my computer and i have no way on trying to even open up the game.How do i go back to previous versions?...
  3. How do I reverse app updates to a previous version on the mircosoft appstore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I reverse app updates to a previous version on the mircosoft appstore?: I updated my game on the mircosoft store and it just kept crashing on my computer and i have no way on trying to even open up the game.How do i go back to previous versions?...
  4. How to reverse "update" changes to windows file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reverse "update" changes to windows file explorer?: The latest "update" changed the structure of File Explorer so it is not possible to open up subfolders on the left side, only on the right side. This is super annoying! and it is more difficult to reorganize subfolders. Is there a way to reverse this unwelcome change?...
  5. How to reverse "update" changes to windows file explorer?

How to reverse "update" changes to windows file explorer?: The latest "update" changed the structure of File Explorer so it is not possible to open up subfolders on the left side, only on the right side. This is super annoying! and it is more difficult to reorganize subfolders. Is there a way to reverse this unwelcome change?...
  6. UPDATE IS HORRIBLE - How do I reverse it!

UPDATE IS HORRIBLE - How do I reverse it!: I just do not understand why Windows would not BETA test this update before sending this out. This is not about not liking change, it simply is a horrible update. Trying to find files you normally search in your own PC should not be this hard. I am a daily PC user and not a...
  7. how to reverse windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to reverse windows 10 update: When prompted I updated my windows 10. I have not lost all my settings, software, favorites, outlook mail, calendar, contacts. How do I reverse it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reverse-windows-10-update/8caeb12e-8ad9-4901-9d0d-278390b986b1
  8. how to reverse windows 10 update

how to reverse windows 10 update: When prompted I updated my windows 10. I have not lost all my settings, software, favorites, outlook mail, calendar, contacts. How do I reverse it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reverse-windows-10-update/8caeb12e-8ad9-4901-9d0d-278390b986b1
  9. how to reverse windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Reverse Defer Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reverse Defer Updates: I have seen a lot of threads regarding the "Defer Updates" feature in Windows 10 Pro. After activating this feature by checking the Defer Update box, is there a way to to reverse "Defer Updates" and start receiving all updates again? 40652

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to reverse an update for an app windows