Windows 10: How to revert a mouse setting that enabled mouse window focus?

Discus and support How to revert a mouse setting that enabled mouse window focus? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I was using Windows 10, I used the option for the mouse to activate a window when mouseover is used. After updating to Windows 11, I find that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Beemer1947, Dec 11, 2021.

1. How to revert a mouse setting that enabled mouse window focus?

When I was using Windows 10, I used the option for the mouse to activate a window when mouseover is used. After updating to Windows 11, I find that there is no obvious way to deactivate this mouseover option. There are plenty posts showing how this can be done via 'Accessibility' for Windows 10 but not 11. This option has a big negative as every time an app is selected on the taskbar it opens but as soon as the mouse is moved to the app window the window is sent to the back. Can someone tell me how to put the mouse action back to default either via menus or by editing the registry?

:)

Beemer1947, Dec 11, 2021

2. mouse settings revert to default

Hi,

A possible cause why your mouse settings revert to default could be an outdated mouse driver. We suggest that you download and install the latest mouse driver from the manufacturer's website and see if it helps. After ensuring that the correct driver is
    installed, check if the device is recognized in the Device Manager.

Feel free to ask back any questions and let us know how it goes.

Lizette Ags, Dec 11, 2021
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Mouse lag

Hi Zbigniew,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check. Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Mouse and Touchpad Setting in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Change settings as per your requirement; click on Advance mouse options.
    • Change settings under Buttons, Points, Pointer options, Wheel.

Do let us know the performance to mouse. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Dec 11, 2021
  4. How to revert a mouse setting that enabled mouse window focus?

Reset mouse settings in Windows 10?

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Devices.
    • Click on Mouse and Touchpad.
    • In the right pane, click on Additional Mouse Settings.
    • Under Pointer tab, Click on Use Default.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 11, 2021
Thema:

How to revert a mouse setting that enabled mouse window focus?

1. How to revert a mouse setting that enabled mouse window focus? - Similar Threads - revert mouse setting

2. Mouse focus is not working at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse focus is not working at all: Does not matter the program running.... World of Warcraft or Twitch or Notepad.I could be typing and if lets say the mouse moves either accidental but no clicking of the mouse was done then I can no longer type! This never happened in Windows 2000 or Windows XP or Windows...
  3. Mouse focus is not working at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse focus is not working at all: Does not matter the program running.... World of Warcraft or Twitch or Notepad.I could be typing and if lets say the mouse moves either accidental but no clicking of the mouse was done then I can no longer type! This never happened in Windows 2000 or Windows XP or Windows...
  4. How to enable «mouse keys» in accessibility on Windows 10 without Mouse?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable «mouse keys» in accessibility on Windows 10 without Mouse?: When i’am using the tab button to go around in the control panel at the mouse keys section within the accessibility, i cant enable it with the keyboard… i have tried to move the marker that pops up by using TAB to go to the box that checks the thing.I have Also tried enabling...
  5. How to enable «mouse keys» in accessibility on Windows 10 without Mouse?

How to enable «mouse keys» in accessibility on Windows 10 without Mouse?: When i’am using the tab button to go around in the control panel at the mouse keys section within the accessibility, i cant enable it with the keyboard… i have tried to move the marker that pops up by using TAB to go to the box that checks the thing.I have Also tried enabling...
  6. Windows 11 mouse settings revert to default after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 mouse settings revert to default after restart: So, new computer, freshish install of Win 11. In Control panel, change mouse pointer to different size, Apply, save, etc. Works fine. Shut down or restart and cursor is reverted to default. Interestingly, when going back into mouse settings after restart, the desired cursor...
  7. Windows 11 mouse settings revert to default after restart

Windows 11 mouse settings revert to default after restart: So, new computer, freshish install of Win 11. In Control panel, change mouse pointer to different size, Apply, save, etc. Works fine. Shut down or restart and cursor is reverted to default. Interestingly, when going back into mouse settings after restart, the desired cursor...
  8. How to revert a mouse setting that enabled mouse window focus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to revert a mouse setting that enabled mouse window focus?: When I was using Windows 10, I used the option for the mouse to activate a window when mouseover is used. After updating to Windows 11, I find that there is no obvious way to deactivate this mouseover option. There are plenty posts showing how this can be done via...
  9. Win10 Windows Lose Focus, Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 Windows Lose Focus, Mouse: Intermittently, Win10 windows would lose focus about every 5 seconds. Sometimes this was fixed by restarting. I looked at my mouse driver configuration. I use a Kensington Mouse-in-a-Box. I think this is only slightly relevant. I found that two mice were listed under...
  10. Focus follows mouse

in Windows 10 Support
    Focus follows mouse: Like many old-timers, I find having focus follows mouse (x-mouse) a much more productive way to work than having to click in a window to give it focus. A huge advantage is to have information in a foreground window and be able to move the mouse into a partially obscured...