Windows 10: How to revert back to Windows 10 Professional after a Windows 10 Enterprise upgrade?

Discus and support How to revert back to Windows 10 Professional after a Windows 10 Enterprise upgrade? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The company I do work for asked me to install Microsoft's "Company Portal" app, which I did. Installing this app upgraded my OS from Windows 10 Pro to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JoeDupré, Jan 22, 2022.

1. JoeDupré Win User

How to revert back to Windows 10 Professional after a Windows 10 Enterprise upgrade?

The company I do work for asked me to install Microsoft's "Company Portal" app, which I did. Installing this app upgraded my OS from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise WITHOUT EVEN ASKING ME. Additionally, their servers were not able to activate Windows 10 Enterprise because this was my personal laptop, and not one of the company's laptops. So now I am stuck with an un-activated OS that I never wanted in the first place.How can I revert back to my original Windows 10 Pro? From what I understand, the product key for Windows 10 Pro is stored in my BIOS. This is a Dell 5530.I certainly

:)

JoeDupré, Jan 22, 2022
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 22, 2022
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jan 22, 2022
  4. Uplink10 Win User

How to revert back to Windows 10 Professional after a Windows 10 Enterprise upgrade?

Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users

Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users but not Enterprise users

Uplink10, Jan 22, 2022
Thema:

1. How to revert back to Windows 10 Professional after a Windows 10 Enterprise upgrade? - Similar Threads - revert Professional Enterprise

2. Revert back to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Revert back to Windows 10: Ever since I allow Win11 to be installed my "brand new" computer has extreme slowness.I DETEST Win11 - I know I am "past" the allowable window - but I want to restore Win10 - How do I do that?...
  3. how to revert back to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to revert back to windows 10: I am having too many problems with Windows 11. My PC is becoming unusable. How do I revert back to Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-revert-back-to-windows-10/90802cab-8c4d-44e4-8b00-87d1342b3eb3
  4. how to revert back to windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to revert back to windows 10: I am having too many problems with Windows 11. My PC is becoming unusable. How do I revert back to Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-revert-back-to-windows-10/90802cab-8c4d-44e4-8b00-87d1342b3eb3
  5. How to revert back to Windows 10 Professional after a Windows 10 Enterprise upgrade?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to revert back to Windows 10 Professional after a Windows 10 Enterprise upgrade?: The company I do work for asked me to install Microsoft's "Company Portal" app, which I did. Installing this app upgraded my OS from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise WITHOUT EVEN ASKING ME. Additionally, their servers were not able to activate Windows 10 Enterprise...
  6. How to revert back to Windows 10 Professional after a Windows 10 Enterprise upgrade?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to revert back to Windows 10 Professional after a Windows 10 Enterprise upgrade?: The company I do work for asked me to install Microsoft's "Company Portal" app, which I did. Installing this app upgraded my OS from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise WITHOUT EVEN ASKING ME. Additionally, their servers were not able to activate Windows 10 Enterprise...
  7. can I revert back to Windows 2000 professional from Windows 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can I revert back to Windows 2000 professional from Windows 10?: If it's possible to downgrade my operating system it would allow me to run many old programs that don't work with Windows 10. How can one do this?...
  8. Windows 10 Professional upgraded itself (for no reason) to Enterprise and now it's...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Professional upgraded itself (for no reason) to Enterprise and now it's...: Hello, I recently upgrade a fresh Windows 10 Home installation to a Windows 10 Professional through the Microsoft store digital upgrade. Everything went fine, paid the $99 and was able to use my computer as expected. However earlier today I booted my computer and the...
  9. Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Professional

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Professional: Dear all, As mentioned in subject, i have my PC with Windows 10 Enterprise, if i need to upgrade Professional license, do i need to refresh the image or can i just update the professional license key >?...
  10. upgrade to 10, revert to 7, then back to 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade to 10, revert to 7, then back to 10: I have upgraded all of my one-generation-back Win boxes, but want to ease into 10 at leisure. As I understand it, the registry is modified at the first upgrade to 10 with the activation "approval", but I am concerned that this will be lost upon reversion to the earlier...