Windows 10: How to revert back to Windows 8.1 on a Dell Venue 8 Pro?

Discus and support How to revert back to Windows 8.1 on a Dell Venue 8 Pro? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I made the mistake of upgrading my Dell Venue 8 Pro to Windows 10... It's very slow and buggy. I tried using the built in "Revert back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bobjoe, Sep 19, 2015.

1. bobjoe Win User

How to revert back to Windows 8.1 on a Dell Venue 8 Pro?

So I made the mistake of upgrading my Dell Venue 8 Pro to Windows 10... It's very slow and buggy.

I tried using the built in "Revert back to Windows 8.1" option in the Settings "app", but it says that files have been deleted and it can no longer perform the uninstallation.

I also tried going into the tablet's built in Backup and Recovery from Dell, but that doesn't allow me to reinstall Windows 8. It's merely a diagnostic.

Anyone have any ideas?

:)

bobjoe, Sep 19, 2015

2. Go Back to Windows 7... NOT!

Having an almost similar issue on my dell venue 8 pro,

after clicking "Get Started" in order to revert to windows 8.1, it shows "reverting back to previous windows" then goes to the dell logo, doing the quick thing with command prompt then it goes back to "reverting back..."

Its been going on like this for hours

TomOng'olo, Sep 19, 2015
  3. bigdog02 Win User
    Restore to 8.1

Have Dell venue 8 pro, installed windows 10 would like to go back to 8.1, when I attempt recovery to 8.1 it says need USB or external drive used for update, when I plug in and push restore to windows 8.1 it says can not restore without battery power,
    but only one can be plugged at a time! cant plug power supply and memory stick in same slot, how do I revert back to 8.1 ?

bigdog02, Sep 19, 2015
  4. ALT
    AlT Win User

Update to latest BIOS first then do the chipsets then download the windows driver 10 pack all from dell support. Works well after that. I spent a lot of time before i figured that one out..

5. lvgandhi Win User
    For me also, it works ok. need updating bios, chipset drivers. It occupies less space and fast.

lvgandhi, Sep 25, 2015
  6. bobjoe Win User
    Thank you for your replies.

I actually called Dell yesterday and they are sending me a USB Drive with instructions on how to boot to Windows 8.1 again.

However, I will try your methods.

Thanks, I'll let you know

bobjoe, Sep 25, 2015
  7. lvgandhi Win User
    As you are already in windows 10, You can try clean install as per tutorial for clean install. But before clean install save key for MSoffice home and student edition as that will be required in clean installed windows 10 for installing office which was there.

lvgandhi, Sep 25, 2015
  8. bobjoe Win User

I updated the BIOS and I downloaded Intel chipset drivers, but the system restore still didn't work.

I will wait for Dell's recovery media instead.

bobjoe, Sep 25, 2015
  9. lvgandhi Win User
    You can do clean install. That will be better. But before that get the key and drivers from dell for win10.

lvgandhi, Sep 26, 2015
  10. bobjoe Win User
    Actually something weird happened. I went to Settings > Update & Recovery, then Reset This PC and Clean my Drive. Somehow, it's working now. I'm currently at a screen showing the Dell logo and 32% completed of "Resetting this PC".

I will report back what happens.

bobjoe, Sep 26, 2015
  11. bobjoe Win User
    Windows's built in recovery didn't work. It got to 53% then it gave me the "there was a problem" error.

bobjoe, Sep 26, 2015
  12. Kyhi Win User
    using the windows 10 Reset feature - requires you to first create a provisioning package of the system drivers..

13. bobjoe Win User

Can you explain what you mean by that?

I downloaded the BIOS update and chipset update before I did the reset, and it still didn't work.

I have an SD card. Should I put the files there first?

bobjoe, Sep 26, 2015
  14. bobjoe Win User
    Hi all,

Just got the recovery USB and micro USB > USB adaptor in the mail today.

I've gotta say... Excellent customer service by Dell. I got the USB drive in less than 4 days.

I will now attempt to reinstall W8.1 With Bing by booting into the USB drive.

Thanks all.

bobjoe, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to revert back to Windows 8.1 on a Dell Venue 8 Pro? - Similar Threads - revert Dell Venue

2. VENUE 8 Dell Tablet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VENUE 8 Dell Tablet: I have a DELL VENUE 8 Tablet, That I did not use in years. When I power it up, it calls for PASSWORD .I do not remember it. There is no Box on the Screen to enter forget Password. Also the email address I had then is no longer in use. Any suggestions. TONY....
  3. VENUE 8 Dell Tablet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VENUE 8 Dell Tablet: I have a DELL VENUE 8 Tablet, That I did not use in years. When I power it up, it calls for PASSWORD .I do not remember it. There is no Box on the Screen to enter forget Password. Also the email address I had then is no longer in use. Any suggestions. TONY....
  4. Download windows 8 or 10 on dell venue 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download windows 8 or 10 on dell venue 7: I have a dell venue 7 that runs on android os below 5.0 and I wanted to download windows on it.I thought about windows 8 because it’s an OS that works mostly for touch devices, and I also thought about windows 10 because it would be a supported os until 2025. Both of those...
  5. Dell venue 8 pro 5855 sound-audio problems.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell venue 8 pro 5855 sound-audio problems.: I've got my device today everything is ok but there is not any sound from the speaker. With earphones I can get sound but the speaker is completely dumb . İve done all upgrades . Didn't get any solution. How can I come through this issue? ***Post moved by the Moderator to...
  6. DELL Venue 8 Pro-No headphone audio output device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DELL Venue 8 Pro-No headphone audio output device.: I have done clean install of Windows 10 in my DV8P. Everything works fine. When I check audio output devices, it shows only Speaker. Even after inserting headphone jack, I am not finding headphone as audio output device. Hence hearing audio without disturbing others is not...
  7. Dell Venue 8 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell Venue 8 Pro: I'll be using Dropbox and Onedrive on a Dell Venue 8 Pro.Do the files take up much disk Space ? 19885
  8. Dell Venue 8 Pro - Windows 10 Installation failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell Venue 8 Pro - Windows 10 Installation failed: I have dell venue 8 pro with 32 bit Windows 8.1. in GWX, I have reserved it for win10. I waited up 30th 8am for any notification. I did not get any. Then I tried installation media creation tool for win 10. When the tool was started, I got message, something Happening....
  9. Dell Venue 8 Pro

Dell Venue 8 Pro: Just upgraded to Windows 10.( Dell Venue 8 Pro ) Can I remove the Windows old File ? Should I make a backup so I can roll back to 8.1 if I want ? 19441
  10. Dell Venue 8 Pro Tablet - Install WinTP on USB

Dell Venue 8 Pro Tablet - Install WinTP on USB: Anyone want to offer advice on installing Windows 10 Tech Preview on a USB HDD on my Dell Venue 8 Pro with UEFI? I've had no luck. 2219

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to revert back to windows 8.1 on a dell venue 8 pro 3845

2. dell venue 8 pro downgrade to win 8.1

3. dell venue revert to windows 8