Windows 10: How to revert back to Windows 8/8.1 from Windows 10?

Discus and support How to revert back to Windows 8/8.1 from Windows 10? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I really need help, apparently my windows 10 enterprise license is expiring soon. I tried many tricks and solutions I searched on the internet, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by CruzPh, Oct 8, 2019.

1. CruzPh Win User

How to revert back to Windows 8/8.1 from Windows 10?

I really need help, apparently my windows 10 enterprise license is expiring soon. I tried many tricks and solutions I searched on the internet, but they didn't work. I tried entering the windows 10 enterprise product key to activate it again, and it said that it needed my organization's activation service to confirm it (even though I don't know my kms and tried to find it, and that they haven't confirmed it for weeks now), and I can't go back to Windows 8 via recovery setting as it was months when I got Windows 10.

Though I did find my BIOS OEM key for Windows 8, but when I went to enter it, it said it was invalid.

Is there any way to go back to Windows 8/8.1 or am I stuck and have the possibility of my Laptop locking up?

:)

CruzPh, Oct 8, 2019

2. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Oct 8, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 8, 2019
  4. How to revert back to Windows 8/8.1 from Windows 10?

Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

did you try it out? windows 8 is a complete fuck up and even microsoft knew it. so they left it as is and made windows 8.1... i suggest first going up to windows 8.1..

de.das.dude, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

How to revert back to Windows 8/8.1 from Windows 10?

1. How to revert back to Windows 8/8.1 from Windows 10? - Similar Threads - revert

2. What does Windows Explorer and /or google Chrome keep randomly 1- 5 openings reverting to a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does Windows Explorer and /or google Chrome keep randomly 1- 5 openings reverting to a...: What does te Windows Explorer and /or google Chrome keep randomly 1- 5 openings reverting to a 'dark' setting when previous set at 'Light'.This has been happening for the past 14 months since receiveing a new HP Elitebook Spec: 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42...
  3. What does Windows Explorer and /or google Chrome keep randomly 1- 5 openings reverting to a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What does Windows Explorer and /or google Chrome keep randomly 1- 5 openings reverting to a...: What does te Windows Explorer and /or google Chrome keep randomly 1- 5 openings reverting to a 'dark' setting when previous set at 'Light'.This has been happening for the past 14 months since receiveing a new HP Elitebook Spec: 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42...
  4. What does te Windows Explorer and /or google Chrome keep randomly 1- 5 openings reverting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does te Windows Explorer and /or google Chrome keep randomly 1- 5 openings reverting...: What does te Windows Explorer and /or google Chrome keep randomly 1- 5 openings reverting to a 'dark' setting when previous set at 'Light'.This has been happening for the past 14 months since receiveing a new HP Elitebook Spec: 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42...
  5. What does te Windows Explorer and /or google Chrome keep randomly 1- 5 openings reverting...

What does te Windows Explorer and /or google Chrome keep randomly 1- 5 openings reverting...: What does te Windows Explorer and /or google Chrome keep randomly 1- 5 openings reverting to a 'dark' setting when previous set at 'Light'.This has been happening for the past 14 months since receiveing a new HP Elitebook Spec: 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42...
  6. Reverting to Original Windows Key on Laptop: Expired Windows Pro Key Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reverting to Original Windows Key on Laptop: Expired Windows Pro Key Issue: I have a laptop with built-in Windows. Initially, I applied a different Windows Pro key, but it's now expiring. How can I revert to using the original Windows key that came with the laptop?...
  7. Reverting to Original Windows Key on Laptop: Expired Windows Pro Key Issue

Reverting to Original Windows Key on Laptop: Expired Windows Pro Key Issue: I have a laptop with built-in Windows. Initially, I applied a different Windows Pro key, but it's now expiring. How can I revert to using the original Windows key that came with the laptop?...
  8. Revert owner in advanced security setting for folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Revert owner in advanced security setting for folder: Hi I was messing with the advanced security setting for WindowApps folder in my company laptop and wish to revert the owner back to "Unable to display current owner" which is the default setting see screenshot 1. Currently it is "SYSTEM" see screenshot 2. Thank you.For some...
  9. Revert owner in advanced security setting for folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Revert owner in advanced security setting for folder: Hi I was messing with the advanced security setting for WindowApps folder in my company laptop and wish to revert the owner back to "Unable to display current owner" which is the default setting see screenshot 1. Currently it is "SYSTEM" see screenshot 2. Thank you.For some...
  10. Revert owner in advanced security setting for folder