Windows 10: How to revert File Explorer color settings back to default? I accidentally messed it up by...

Discus and support How to revert File Explorer color settings back to default? I accidentally messed it up by... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/0llie_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eqqxpv/how_to_revert_file_explorer_color_settings_back/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/0llie_, Jan 18, 2020.

1. /u/0llie_ Win User

How to revert File Explorer color settings back to default? I accidentally messed it up by...

/u/0llie_, Jan 18, 2020

2. Win10: set 'view' default in file explorer

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

As I understand that you are trying to set file explorer as default. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to set file explorer as default and check if it helps.

1. In the search box type as “settings”.

2. Go to “system” and click on “default apps”.

3.Then click on “set default apps by”.

4. Select “File Explorer from the list” and click on “choose defaults for this program”.

5. Then check the box “select all” and click on “save.

6. Then click on “ok”.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 18, 2020
  3. File Explorer default veiw setting Win 10 Pro

Hi Bob,

You can change the default settings of your File Explorer view. If you would like to sort it by Date, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Go to Start, type File Explorer.
    • Select View located at the top of the address bar.
    • Locate Sort by.
    • Select Date.
    • Choose between Ascending and Descending.
    • Close the File Explorer and check back if the changes applied.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Ronalene Mat, Jan 18, 2020
  4. How to revert File Explorer color settings back to default? I accidentally messed it up by...

setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

How to revert File Explorer color settings back to default? I accidentally messed it up by...

1. How to revert File Explorer color settings back to default? I accidentally messed it up by... - Similar Threads - revert File Explorer

2. File explorer colors messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer colors messed up: I recently updated to Windows 11 and my file explorer colors got messed up.Everything else looks fine for the normal dark mode.I've tried changing the theme to light mode and changing it back to dark mode but it didn't do anything. I updated to 23H2, but that didn't work...
  3. File explorer colors messed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer colors messed up: I recently updated to Windows 11 and my file explorer colors got messed up.Everything else looks fine for the normal dark mode.I've tried changing the theme to light mode and changing it back to dark mode but it didn't do anything. I updated to 23H2, but that didn't work...
  4. Reverting setting for File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reverting setting for File Explorer: I want to delete unnecessary files from my external hard drive recycle bin to get more space in the hard drive. I do have the instructions as to how to do that. But my question is: After you delete these files, how do you revert the File Explorer settings to normal. After all...
  5. Reverting setting for File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reverting setting for File Explorer: I want to delete unnecessary files from my external hard drive recycle bin to get more space in the hard drive. I do have the instructions as to how to do that. But my question is: After you delete these files, how do you revert the File Explorer settings to normal. After all...
  6. Reverting setting for File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How do I return the colors back to the default setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I return the colors back to the default setting: So I decided to turn on eye saver mode which was fine until I realized I was unable to see highlighted text in Word. I went back to remove or turn off eye saver mode and could not fine the switch. In order to complete working I played around with the colors until I was able...
  8. File Explorer changes revert back to Default

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer changes revert back to Default: I have many folders which contain music. Early on, those folders would automatically default to the Music template. Now, all of my music folders have reverted back to Default view: "Name," "Date Modified," "Type" and "Size." I'll right click on a folder containing music,...
  9. setting colors back to default

in Windows 10 Customization
    setting colors back to default: In Windows 10, is there a way to set the colors and themes back to default? 113412
  10. setting colors back to default

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    setting colors back to default: In Windows 10, is there a way to set the colors and themes back to default? 113412