Windows 10: How to revert from windows 11 back to windows 10 pro?

Discus and support How to revert from windows 11 back to windows 10 pro? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been having so many problems since the upgrade, many driver issues. I need to revert back, I work from home and can't get my tasks done... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Philip Nash, Aug 11, 2022.

1. How to revert from windows 11 back to windows 10 pro?

I have been having so many problems since the upgrade, many driver issues. I need to revert back, I work from home and can't get my tasks done accordingly.

:)

Philip Nash, Aug 11, 2022
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 11, 2022
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 11, 2022
  4. JonGrimes Win User

How to revert from windows 11 back to windows 10 pro?

Windows 11 Pro Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro Edition

No but after it installed the malfunctioning Windows 11 upgrade it was listed as Windows 11 Pro. Microsoft Windows support advised I reinstall Windows 10 Pro and said that Windows 11 is really only meant for new PC's that come with it preinstalled. MSI website doesn't list my 2020 GT76 Titan dt-039 notebook on their Windows 11 upgrade eligibility list so I guess that's why the Windows 11 Pro upgrade failed. I suggest being careful with trying the Windows 11 upgrade despite it stating my notebook was capable of running Windows 11 it was wrong. Luckily I have the original Windows 10 Pro USB Flash drive because the Windows 11 Pro upgrade was so incomplete I had no way of reverting notebook back to Windows 10 without reinstalling from a USB Flash.

JonGrimes, Aug 11, 2022
Thema:

How to revert from windows 11 back to windows 10 pro?

1. How to revert from windows 11 back to windows 10 pro? - Similar Threads - revert pro

2. Reverting to Original Windows Key on Laptop: Expired Windows Pro Key Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reverting to Original Windows Key on Laptop: Expired Windows Pro Key Issue: I have a laptop with built-in Windows. Initially, I applied a different Windows Pro key, but it's now expiring. How can I revert to using the original Windows key that came with the laptop?...
  3. Reverting to Original Windows Key on Laptop: Expired Windows Pro Key Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reverting to Original Windows Key on Laptop: Expired Windows Pro Key Issue: I have a laptop with built-in Windows. Initially, I applied a different Windows Pro key, but it's now expiring. How can I revert to using the original Windows key that came with the laptop?...
  4. reverting from Win11 Pro to Home edition.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reverting from Win11 Pro to Home edition.: I recently bought a window 11 pro code to upgrade my edition of windows, but I didn't know it was an installation key that you have to use when doing a clean install of windows. It wasn't a direct upgrade code. So I need to revert back to my windows 11 home license, but I...
  5. reverting from Win11 Pro to Home edition.

reverting from Win11 Pro to Home edition.: I recently bought a window 11 pro code to upgrade my edition of windows, but I didn't know it was an installation key that you have to use when doing a clean install of windows. It wasn't a direct upgrade code. So I need to revert back to my windows 11 home license, but I...
  6. How can I revert my Windows 11 pro upgrade down to Home?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I revert my Windows 11 pro upgrade down to Home?: I recently bought a window 11 pro code to upgrade my edition of windows, but I didn't know it was a key that you have to use when doing a clean install of windows. It wasn't a direct upgrade code. So I need to revert back to my windows 11 home license, but I can't because it...
  7. How can I revert my Windows 11 pro upgrade down to Home?

How can I revert my Windows 11 pro upgrade down to Home?: I recently bought a window 11 pro code to upgrade my edition of windows, but I didn't know it was a key that you have to use when doing a clean install of windows. It wasn't a direct upgrade code. So I need to revert back to my windows 11 home license, but I can't because it...
  8. Asking for free offer of Windows 10 Pro after reverting to Windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asking for free offer of Windows 10 Pro after reverting to Windows 8.1: I had upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 Pro for free before 29 July 2016, but after that, I reverted to Windows 8.1. Now May I get a free offer of Windows 10 Pro again?...
  9. Asking for free offer of Windows 10 Pro after reverting to Windows 8.1

Asking for free offer of Windows 10 Pro after reverting to Windows 8.1: I had upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 Pro for free before 29 July 2016, but after that, I reverted to Windows 8.1. Now May I get a free offer of Windows 10 Pro again?...
  10. How to revert from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to revert from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home?: So this just happened one day after I updated my PC: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-revert-from-windows-10-pro-to-windows-10/4de5cc00-5e56-42a6-a7a4-cb7b17b0e7fd