Windows 10: how to revert my machine to a Windows 10 state prior to the manufacturer installation?

Discus and support how to revert my machine to a Windows 10 state prior to the manufacturer installation? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I want to reset Windows 10 on my machine, without installing the manufacturer pre-installed drivers. Is it possible? I know that a regular Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JDYOUNG77, May 26, 2023.

1. JDYOUNG77 Win User

how to revert my machine to a Windows 10 state prior to the manufacturer installation?

Hi,I want to reset Windows 10 on my machine, without installing the manufacturer pre-installed drivers. Is it possible? I know that a regular Windows reset will re-install the manufacturer pre-installed drivers.It seems that I can do a clean installation, but it requires to enter Microsoft production key, which I don't know where to get. I bought this HP machine 3 years old. The reason for this is that I want to test how a software product behaves on this situation, which only works on Windows safe mode. After Window reset, I will manually re-install manufacturer pre-installed drivers one

:)

JDYOUNG77, May 26, 2023

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 26, 2023
  3. Kursah Win User
    Installing Windows 10...and then reverting back. Help!

If those machines are using VLSC then you might be fine...but you still wouldn't want to use the same image for the reasons I listed prior. Yes 10 has VLSC and we've done some in-office upgrades on those machines as those companies have volume licenses for 10 as well (mostly schools and other higher educational facilities).

If you use the same image...you will lose profile info for each user (even if they use the same stuff it could be an issue if you dont backup Outlook PSTs and config stuff for that PC), hw ids won't match which can be a pain to resolve, you'll run into network and registry issues. Bad news. Id hate to see you spend more time later on any of that if I can prevent it.

Sounds like you're making good progress and I'm glad to help where I can.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, May 26, 2023
  4. how to revert my machine to a Windows 10 state prior to the manufacturer installation?

Installing Windows 10...and then reverting back. Help!

Well currently all of these PC's are activated with Windows 7. So when I throw 10 on it shows activated when I boot in and check the status of the machine. So right now, I have an image of one of the machines after 10 was installed and confirmed activated, that I then throw on the other PC's. No problems. (as far as I know)

But, do I need to be doing this? Or could I just wait until lets say a year from now and do it then? I ask because it's obviously a lot more time to image, go back to Windows 7 and then at some point later on down the road, go back to 10. Would I be safe to leave them at 7 now and then try to throw 10 on those PC's in let's say a year or something?

satindemon4u, May 26, 2023
Thema:

how to revert my machine to a Windows 10 state prior to the manufacturer installation?

1. how to revert my machine to a Windows 10 state prior to the manufacturer installation? - Similar Threads - revert machine state

2. how to revert my machine to a Windows 10 state prior to the manufacturer installation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to revert my machine to a Windows 10 state prior to the manufacturer installation?: Hi,I want to reset Windows 10 on my machine, without installing the manufacturer pre-installed drivers. Is it possible? I know that a regular Windows reset will re-install the manufacturer pre-installed drivers.It seems that I can do a clean installation, but it requires to...
  3. how to revert my machine to a Windows 10 state prior to the manufacturer installation?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to revert my machine to a Windows 10 state prior to the manufacturer installation?: Hi,I want to reset Windows 10 on my machine, without installing the manufacturer pre-installed drivers. Is it possible? I know that a regular Windows reset will re-install the manufacturer pre-installed drivers.It seems that I can do a clean installation, but it requires to...
  4. Windows Reverts to Previous State on Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Reverts to Previous State on Boot: Recently, my computer experienced a blue screen, and now whenever it is turned off or reset it seems to revert to the state it was in immediately before the blue screen. Any files that I download or move to any part of the computer are gone on reboot. Any files that I delete...
  5. Windows Reverts to Previous State on Boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Reverts to Previous State on Boot: Recently, my computer experienced a blue screen, and now whenever it is turned off or reset it seems to revert to the state it was in immediately before the blue screen. Any files that I download or move to any part of the computer are gone on reboot. Any files that I delete...
  6. Windows Reverts to Previous State on Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. How can I revert back to Windows 10 when my computer is in this state?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I revert back to Windows 10 when my computer is in this state?: When I turn on the computer after I installed Windows 11, my taskbar no longer has any icons, no search, no icons or time or anything. So I used the shortcut function to open settings, but it crashes on startup, so I cannot open settings to revert my version. I have tried...
  8. How can I revert back to Windows 10 when my computer is in this state?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I revert back to Windows 10 when my computer is in this state?: When I turn on the computer after I installed Windows 11, my taskbar no longer has any icons, no search, no icons or time or anything. So I used the shortcut function to open settings, but it crashes on startup, so I cannot open settings to revert my version. I have tried...
  9. how to preview an update prior to installing?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to preview an update prior to installing?: I would prefer to know what a new update contains before allowing it to be installed to prevent unneeded or unwanted additions to my Pc, if possible. How can I view the new update that is showing as ready on Updates/Security Settings page before it is downloaded and...
  10. Windows 10 Enterprise Machines reverting to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Enterprise Machines reverting to Windows 10 Pro: Hi all, I am currently having some issues with machines we have hybrid joined to Azure - I have made sure these machines' primary users have Microsoft 365 F1 or E3 licenses which licenses them for Windows 10 Enterprise - the issue is eve though they are built as Windows 10...