Windows 10: How to revert to an older verison of Windows 10?

Discus and support How to revert to an older verison of Windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently updated my PC to the latest version of Windows 10, however, since the update, my PC has been having issues- giving me the BSoD every 30-60... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Marybr02, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Marybr02 Win User

How to revert to an older verison of Windows 10?

I recently updated my PC to the latest version of Windows 10, however, since the update, my PC has been having issues- giving me the BSoD every 30-60 minutes. I would like to revert to the second latest version of Windows 10, as that update did not give me any troubles.

However, when trying to do so, I do not see any option to revert to an earlier version of Windows 10 in Recovery. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Image attached for clarity:

How to revert to an older verison of Windows 10? 7945a0b3-0d69-4387-b0da-11ba6d02c6fe?upload=true.png

:)

Marybr02, Sep 3, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 3, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 3, 2020
  4. How to revert to an older verison of Windows 10?

Installing Windows 10...and then reverting back. Help!

Quick question...

Right now I am installing Windows 10 on some PC's and then will be reverting them back to Windows 7. That's because these PC's will be teller PC's. The reason I am going to 10 now is because of course it is free. However, if all the PC's are the same exact hardware is this even necessary? If they are the same exact hardware, couldn't I simply upgrade them to 10 even after July 29th? All of the PC's have the same Windows 7 key because I am assuming it's volume licensing. So as it stands right now, after upgrading they all end with the same Windows 10 key.

So in short I suppose, later on couldn't I use the Windows 10 key that it is giving them now to upgrade since it is all the same exact hardware? I am just double checking because the last thing I want to do is upgrade these new teller PC's to 10 and downgrade them when I really don't have to.

satindemon4u, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

How to revert to an older verison of Windows 10?

1. How to revert to an older verison of Windows 10? - Similar Threads - revert older verison

2. reverting to an older graphics driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reverting to an older graphics driver: I recently updated my graphics driver to a newer one and now windows 11 is trying to revert it back to an older version. I want to know why when the computer runs a LOT smoother on this new graphics update....
  3. reverting to an older graphics driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    reverting to an older graphics driver: I recently updated my graphics driver to a newer one and now windows 11 is trying to revert it back to an older version. I want to know why when the computer runs a LOT smoother on this new graphics update....
  4. Windows 11 is reverting video drivers to older version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is reverting video drivers to older version: Hi all.I have been having this issue some 3 weeks now. Windows 11 keeps reverting my video drivers to an older version.I have an Acer Aspire 5 notebook equipped with an Intel UHD graphics card. My monitor is a Samsung 32-inch 4K monitor that has 2 HDMI input ports, being...
  5. Windows 11 is reverting video drivers to older version

Windows 11 is reverting video drivers to older version: Hi all.I have been having this issue some 3 weeks now. Windows 11 keeps reverting my video drivers to an older version.I have an Acer Aspire 5 notebook equipped with an Intel UHD graphics card. My monitor is a Samsung 32-inch 4K monitor that has 2 HDMI input ports, being...
  6. Windows is reverting my graphics driver to an older version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows is reverting my graphics driver to an older version: I have an Acer Aspire E5 571 running Windows 10. The CPU is an Intel i5 5200U that has an iGPU Intel HD Graphics 5500. The latest driver for this iGPU is the 20.19.15.5171 from 11/04/2020, downloaded from the official Intel website. Windows reverts this driver back to...
  7. Windows is reverting my graphics driver to an older version

Windows is reverting my graphics driver to an older version: I have an Acer Aspire E5 571 running Windows 10. The CPU is an Intel i5 5200U that has an iGPU Intel HD Graphics 5500. The latest driver for this iGPU is the 20.19.15.5171 from 11/04/2020, downloaded from the official Intel website. Windows reverts this driver back to...
  8. Iam unable to update windows10 verison 1903 to verison 2004. Feature update to Windows 10,...

Iam unable to update windows10 verison 1903 to verison 2004. Feature update to Windows 10,...: I have tried different by update assistant and media creation tool.When doing with update assistant it says cant find neccesary files. Please check you have permission to write installation files. By doing with media creation tool it completes until 70 % and says installation...
  9. PC not updating to windows 10 verison 1903

PC not updating to windows 10 verison 1903: Whenever I try to update to 1903 at the end it says error code 0x80070005 and when I restart it does the same thing everytime, tried troubleshooter doesn't work windows 10 update assistant fails, I almost tried everything and I'm considering about resetting, but I don't want...
  10. Reverted Back To Older Build on Windows 10

Reverted Back To Older Build on Windows 10: The Windows Creator Update is worthless junk on my PC. It caused all kinds of problems, so I did a clean install and tried to install the latest Creators Update build 1703 again. It would`nt even install it. Just automatically reverted back to build 1511. It won`t even...