Windows 10: How to revert to another version of Windows 10

Discus and support How to revert to another version of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I had to change to Windows 10 Educational because my school gives Microsoft Office for free if I do but I don't need the Office Apps anymore. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Slappa_Alpaca, Mar 3, 2020.

1. How to revert to another version of Windows 10

I had to change to Windows 10 Educational because my school gives Microsoft Office for free if I do but I don't need the Office Apps anymore. When I first built this PC I had a genuine version of Microsoft 10 that I installed but it won't take my product key to switch back. Is there a way to go back to my old version of Windows?

submitted by /u/Slappa_Alpaca
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Slappa_Alpaca, Mar 3, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 3, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 3, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

How to revert to another version of Windows 10

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

How to revert to another version of Windows 10

1. How to revert to another version of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - revert another version

2. Minecraft Installer Reverted Windows 10 Version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft Installer Reverted Windows 10 Version: Hello!So I recently migrated my Mojang account to my Microsoft account, and I wanted to play Minecraft, so I downloaded the installer and tried to install Minecraft. However, it told me my Windows 10 wasn't up-to-date and that it would update for me. So, I let it open the...
  3. Minecraft Installer Reverted Windows 10 Version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Installer Reverted Windows 10 Version: Hello!So I recently migrated my Mojang account to my Microsoft account, and I wanted to play Minecraft, so I downloaded the installer and tried to install Minecraft. However, it told me my Windows 10 wasn't up-to-date and that it would update for me. So, I let it open the...
  4. Minecraft Installer Reverted Windows 10 Version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to revert taskbar to the previous version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to revert taskbar to the previous version: Hello, I would like to ask for a solution on how to revert the taskbar to the previous version. So my windows recently had an update, I waited for around 30 minutes after the update is complete, I opened my laptop then the taskbar and a few windows app changed. soo this is...
  6. How to revert taskbar to the previous version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to revert taskbar to the previous version: Hello, I would like to ask for a solution on how to revert the taskbar to the previous version. So my windows recently had an update, I waited for around 30 minutes after the update is complete, I opened my laptop then the taskbar and a few windows app changed. soo this is...
  7. How to revert taskbar to the previous version

8. How to revert to a previous version of windows 10

How to revert to a previous version of windows 10: So Windows strongarmed me into updating to their latest version of Windows against my will, and has since, messed up my art program. I use Paint Tool Sai, and since updating, the program will act like it's opening, but as soon as the loading banner goes away, it doesn't...
  9. windows 10 reverting version

windows 10 reverting version: I've got an update earlier last month. I decided to not update. And windows somehow updated by itself. 2 days after, when I wanted to revert it, I saw files were deleted and it has only been 2 days. And according to the policy of Microsoft, files are deleted after 10 days,...
  10. reverting to a previous version of windows 10.

reverting to a previous version of windows 10.: Hi, I used to have version 1709 win 10 pro and bought a new system, This new system is running on version 1803 which does not run any of the apps I use … how do I get back to this version of windows? Any help would be appreciated. Im not the most tech savy sorry...