Windows 10: How to Revert to Previous File Explorer Layout

Discus and support How to Revert to Previous File Explorer Layout in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So, I updated my laptop a few minutes ago, and now my Downloads folder looks like this when I open it. I have been using this folder a lot lately, so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by L.S.HI., Jul 28, 2019.

1. L.S.HI. Win User

How to Revert to Previous File Explorer Layout

So, I updated my laptop a few minutes ago, and now my Downloads folder looks like this when I open it. I have been using this folder a lot lately, so this change really screws me up, and I can't access my subfolders very easily.

How to Revert to Previous File Explorer Layout 1311f9e3-13e4-4b33-bdcb-07b92712ba2f?upload=true.png

What should I do to make it look like this again? How to Revert to Previous File Explorer Layout 590df664-7737-42bc-8f11-75b3e9260d06?upload=true.jpg

:)

L.S.HI., Jul 28, 2019

2. Wrong keyboard layout in login page after update to 1607

Hi,

Since the issue reoccurred after updating to anniversary update, I suggest you to reconfigure the QWERTY keyboard layout and check if the same issue persists. This is to check if the issue is with Windows 10 1607 update.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to configure the keyboard layout:

• Open Settings and click on Time and Language.
    • Click on Region and Language.
    • Add the Country and click on add a language and select the language of your choice.
    • This will take time to download the pack.
    • Once this is done, Press Windows key + Space and press Space key to choose the keyboard layout.
    Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Jul 28, 2019
  3. Gary38914 Win User
    Revert back to previous versions

I installed Windows 10 1 week ago and need to revert to windows 8.1. I have tried both of your suggestion to revert and a) do not have a 'revert to windows 8.1' listing on my settings-restore page and b) when I restart the PC holding the shift key and
    select 'revert to previous build' I get a WDF Violation error and the system restarts Windows 10. There is a windows.old folder. I'm stuck, what can I do to restore Windows 8.1?

Gary38914, Jul 28, 2019
  4. How to Revert to Previous File Explorer Layout

avoid unintentionally deletion at File Explorer

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response.

You may follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open File Explorer.

2. Select view tab in the file ribbon.

3. In the layout section, select list.

4. Now check if the files in the folders change to list.

Hope the information helps, do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

How to Revert to Previous File Explorer Layout

1. How to Revert to Previous File Explorer Layout - Similar Threads - Revert Previous File

2. Bars layout on file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bars layout on file explorer: Hi,One day I notice that layout of function bars on file exlorer has change and I dnot know if it was automatic or I did something unintentinaly.I search alot but couldn't find way to swap them in position.I mean that "New, cut, copy" etc bar switch to be on top and...
  3. Bars layout on file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bars layout on file explorer: Hi,One day I notice that layout of function bars on file exlorer has change and I dnot know if it was automatic or I did something unintentinaly.I search alot but couldn't find way to swap them in position.I mean that "New, cut, copy" etc bar switch to be on top and...
  4. How to revert taskbar to the previous version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to revert taskbar to the previous version: Hello, I would like to ask for a solution on how to revert the taskbar to the previous version. So my windows recently had an update, I waited for around 30 minutes after the update is complete, I opened my laptop then the taskbar and a few windows app changed. soo this is...
  5. How to revert taskbar to the previous version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to revert taskbar to the previous version: Hello, I would like to ask for a solution on how to revert the taskbar to the previous version. So my windows recently had an update, I waited for around 30 minutes after the update is complete, I opened my laptop then the taskbar and a few windows app changed. soo this is...
  6. How to revert taskbar to the previous version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Reverting setting for File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reverting setting for File Explorer: I want to delete unnecessary files from my external hard drive recycle bin to get more space in the hard drive. I do have the instructions as to how to do that. But my question is: After you delete these files, how do you revert the File Explorer settings to normal. After all...
  8. File Explorer Custom Layout

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Custom Layout: Hey guys, I hope you're all well! Does anyone know if it would be possible to mod or create a script for file explorer to start a custom process when clicking and opening a drive. For example, when I open drive E:/, I would like three explorer windows to open. 1 in the top...
  9. New file explorer layout

New file explorer layout: I don't know why but now my file explorer is weirdly laid out. I put it to default and now it's like this I didn't know windows had changed the default look but I liked the old one better. Also my drive folder which is the Acer C: folder has disappeared is there any reason...
  10. Layout Of File Explorer

Layout Of File Explorer: I have just converted from Windows 7 to Windows 10. In W7 I had File Explorer laid out with two panes. On the left were frequently used files, on the right currently actives files and folders. This was really convenient. When I first started to use FE in Windows 10, this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to revert to the old file explorer layout

2. restore layout for explorer

3. windows 10 1903 revert to previous download folder view